Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Rise to Gloreh: A CK Succession Game PART VI: Full Circle  (Read 20566 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Rise to Gloreh: A CK Succession Game PART IV : Hranislav the Regent
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2011, 04:10:48 pm »

Hm, it would seem that we know own half the world...Excellent.

I'd best start practicing ruling a kingdom.  Hm, Byzantium runs are nice...

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2011, 06:03:57 pm »

Gosh, you guys overrun the world worse than I do. Props, seriously.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2011, 07:34:37 am »

Yeah, I rarely use assassins in my games, but some of y'all are bringing it Borgia-style.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2011, 07:37:02 am »

Come on, Silent, I want my turn. D:

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2011, 09:36:32 am »

Yeah, I rarely use assassins in my games, but some of y'all are bringing it Borgia-style.  :P

Assassins are how the Von Habsburgs inherited the thrones of France, Germany, Italy, and Croatia. They warred for Burgundy.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2011, 02:57:45 pm »

The reign of The Infant King: Chapter 4: Part 2

The Records of Hranislav Vojislavljevic, Regent to King Uros

July 26, 1110 Today, the council has pressured me into opening a mine is Rashka. I dont see the point, but I never was one for numbers. Numbers are a simpletons game, so as long as they leave the politics to me, I'll keep quiet.

October 2, 1110 The insufrable King of Hungary refuses to die, 57 years old and he still finds time to not be dead. His wife is just as bad at 63 years! I fear his son my die before him, which would cause us to lose our way onto the Hungarian throne! This is unacceptable, and something must be done!

December 6, 1110 Today I Hranislav Vojislavljevic have been vindicated! The wise leaders of our faith no longer consider my views to be heretical, and I am once more viewed as a true man of faith! Perhaps someday they will remember me as they do the apostles, but I shouldnt speak of that, claims like that may have caused the problem in the first place.

January 16, 1111 That fool, Governor Amanieu, at our yearly tournament, called out King Uros and claimed he would not suffer to be ruled by a child and the, ahem, moonstruck fool who leads him. I instructed young Uros to not take such affronts, and the result was a fight that left everyone speachless. Unfortunatly it seems the two will not reconcile, and I fear Serbia may soon be headed for dark times.

March 5, 1111 We have allowed the Jews to set up a lending buisness in Naissus, many feel they are unwelcome, but the council again assures me its for the best.

July 19, 1111 Amanieu's arrogance knows no bounds. Today he demanded that the realm enter feudal contract. The council, as well as the other vassals, told Amanieu where to shove it, And I informed him that any more attempts at inciting rebellion will be met with stripping of titles.

September 13, 1111 THAT FOOL! THAT BASTARD! Governor Amaniue had broken free of his bonds, and is openly encouraging the others to do so as well. I have ordered all of our armies to mobilize, and we shall see if Amanieu has the balls to back up his words!

September 18, 1111 As expected, the county of Dyrrachion has proclaimed independance. this is of course because their leaders had allied themselves with the traitor Amaniue long before this happened. No matter, for their army is a pittiful rabble of men not fit to be called soldiers!

September 24, 1111 In hindsight, Feudal Contract was a good choice, we have initiated it now. However it is better we do it now, as opposed to when Amaniue demanded it. His war was inevitable, and its best not to look like we capitulated to him.

October 23, 1111 Our armies have reached both traitors, and victory seems inevitable!

November 10, 1111 Both armies have reported victory, and are laying seige to the traitors.

December 17, 1111 Dyrrachion is conquered, and we have kept it for ourselves, as it is best not to put a traitor back in power. Also if this is truly civil war, we will need all the land and men we can get to defend our holdings.

February 2, 1112 Ragusa has fallen, and with it, all chances of civil war. I fully expect the next few months to prove the stability, and already the wispers of rebellion have died down. Weather it is through respect or fear I care not.

Feburary 4, 1112 Due to the fact that the realm is now too big to maintain, we have decided to give Dyracchion to the church, as a sign of our committment to peace and prosperity.

March 13, 1112 Our armies have returned home and have demobilized. I feel safe enough to proclaim the civil war over!

May 11, 1112 It amuses me to know that the traitor Amaneiu now serves as a common courtier in a backwater County.

October 9, 1112 As a reward for staying loyal, we have granted Vidin the lands of Ragusa. The physical seperation should also keep them from attempting a rebellion in the future.

November 28, 1112 Today one of our Captains has developed a new tactic, that involves holding an enemy in place as you charge their front to break their lines. The Captain has been rewarded and the tactic incorporated into our doctrine.

December 27 1113, Stewardess Hermine demanded compensation for having to work in a court with the reputation we have. I gladly gave her the requested sum of money, but only because all the possible replacements were completely incompetant.

May 14, 1114 I know I havent wrote about him much, but I feel I must. I fear that my father may not be long for this world. Although even at 64 he was strong, recently his mind... it has begun to fail him. I sometimes catch him in the halls, staring out the window for hours. Sometimes I hear him talking... talking... talking to mother, who has been dead for fifteen years. Other times he argues with the council, even though chambers are empty. I just don't know what to do, and as I get older, I wonder if people will remember me for my deeds, or my final moments of maddness. It seems that is all people will remember my father for.

May 24, 1114 We have found a bride for Tresimir, in the lovely daughter of the Croatian King. Although he has two sons, I feel as if it was a wise marriage. Perhaps poor fate will befall them, but I fear I no longer have the stomach for such endavors.

August 20, 1114 Our blacksmiths have finally been trained in the art of making Chainmail, which is much more comfortable than that leather armor they used to have us wear.

November 4, 1115 Yet another uneventful year, However Uros now is 15, and as such I shall begin transistioning responsibilities to him, in preparation for him taking the throne next year.

January 16, 1116 We have ordered the extension of the road network into Rashka, allowing our troops to quickly reach all our vassals lands.

October 3, 1116 Today, Uros becomes a man, and I must step down. I will continue in my capacities, but I fear I may be preoccupied with caring for my father. Regardless, I have served my duty to Serbia, guiding her through tough times.

End Chapter 4

State of the World: Serbia stays at its starting size, with one less vassal, but the lands remain in our hands. House Vojislavljevic is in the line of succession for both France and Hungary, and Croatia could become part of us as well. Germany declared War on France sometime twords the end, and France seems to be doing poorly. Croatia has gone on a crusade or something, all I know is I got a crapload of popups about them declaring war on Muslims. Uros has become a odd ruler, with 6 in all stats except diplomacy, which has an impressive 16 points. Possible players include Uros naturally, Nikoden, Prince of Vadin, who is starting to lose loyalty, or the Loyalist Prince Petar of Rashka.

All in all a dull game, with only one minor conflict, however I think I managed to set into motion great things for our RISE TO GLORY.

And here is the save: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Bay_12_Kingdom_of_Serbia_1116.eug

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2011, 03:03:12 pm »

I am on it NOW.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2011, 04:07:38 pm »

The Reign of King Uros Vojislavljevic, A Diary : Part 1
The Infant Grown

October 4th, 1116: A day as king, and my head already pounds from the stress of it. Peasants who want me to reign in the burghers, burghers who want me to reign in the clergy, clergymen that want me to make the nobles more pious and nobles that want more rights over the peasants. How did my forebears stand it?
Uros gains trait: Stressed.

October 10th, 1116: Barely a week after my 16th nameday and they already have me wed off to some Sicillian slattern. The weight of Kinghood is pressing down on me, now they force on me an ugly wife (even the artists could not make her look beautiful) simply because she is the only child of a powerful (and rapidly aging) king. I can see her fluttering her eyelashes at the other courtiers. Before the year is up, she will be shacked with one of them.
Uros gains: Wife. (Yes, she is the sole daughter of a 39-year-old Sicillian king. I hope to god his laws are Semisalic, also she's got 20 intrigue. :D)

November 21st, 1116: What did I say? She's fucking one of the courtiers. I put trust in her too! I told my men not to spy on her, nor did I confront her about it. And now the rumours float through the castle like ashes through a volcanic sky. I should have them both beheaded, but the effort of it...
Uros' wife gains "friend": Petrososi or something.

January 14th, 1117: At least my cousin is about as happy as I am. I had her married off to some 40-year-old Byzantine count. Sometimes it's GOOD to be king.

February, March, whatever, 1117: The days pass boringly. I had some people build some buildings or something of that ilk, but otherwise it's the usual peasantry bullshit. Maybe I should start a war...

December 16th, 1117: I have been told my wife is with child. I... Was not expecting this. Certainly, we've consummated our marriage, but... Never passionately. It has to be done in passion to count, doesn't it? Maybe it was that dirty filthy courtier she's been seeing. I should have him flayed.
Uros' wife gains: Big belly.

January 2nd, 1118: The Croats called us to war today. All my advisors told me to send them confirmation that we'd join them, since the enemy is far away and Turkish, so I did. We're at war, finally!
Serbia gains enemy: Egypt.

February onwards, 1118: Today we didn't send any troops to attack Egypt because it's "more prudent". I want blood, damn it! I want to feel men's entrails spill down my blade! But I think the counts will revolt against me if I force them to take up arms, it's planting season...

1118: The usual business. Thieves, buildings built, we went to war with a few Muslim emirates whilst others swore peace upon their swords. Sigh, I wish something INTERESTING would happen. My lady's belly swells to massive proportions and I doubt even her sweet smelling bitch can stand to do her with it.
Serbia gains enemy: Useless Muslims.

December 6th, 1118: My boy was born today. My beautiful boy. My little Prijezda. I will silence any that claim he is not mine, for I can see my strong nose in him. This child is strong and will inherit the thrones of both the kingdoms of Sicily and Serbia. It will be a glorious day when that happens. The wife looks almost appealing at the moment, I'm sure that will pass soon.
Uros gains: Son, Prijezda.

End Part 1

---------------------------------

So, yep, very little has happened except for the fact WE NOW HAVE AN INFANT READY TO TAKE TWO THRONES! Sadly he'll probably take it before he's sixteen (the king of Sicily is currently 50 or so), but it'll be worth it. I've been building the cheap improvements since we don't really seem to have much need of money and I'm getting back what I put in by the time things are built. If we get into a real war (not against useless Muslims being gangbaned by all the other Baltic countries) then I might start to worry, but not for now.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2011, 05:56:29 pm »

The Reign of King Uros Vojislavljevic, A Diary : Part 2
The Boy Becomes A King

December 25, 1118: The French princess (or whatever she styles herself) slit her own throat, which I found raucously amusing. Apparently her husband was not up to much in the bedroom!

Early 1119: My cousins desire to be (re)wed, do they? So be it. Each of them can have a fat German bride to bear fat German babes. Of course, these ARE the king of Germany's daughters... There's just one little matter to be taken care of, his 1-year-old son...

We have gained a Varangian Guard. An army of Scandinavians ready to spill the blood of our enemies for us. I can say that I am excessively pleased by this.

Late 1119: Oh, the wonderful time I've had. I fucked some wench and gained a baseborn son AND my true wife is pregnant with my next child. Wonderful days! My loins shoot out their seeds and wherever you look, fruit springs up!

Byzantium is distracted by the Muslims, now is the time to take Belgrade...

Early 1120: Done and done. Getting rid of that squealing porkling took only 60 gold and a starving beggar to do the job. I even promised him the corpse to eat! Oh, if you'd've seen his face, you would've laughed so hard. Recently we found out that Raymond has inherited the throne of France. As much as I dislike the little bugger, it'll be useful to have a cousin as the ruler of such a powerful kingdom.

In other news, Hranislav is being an annoying little prick, so I married him off to some 50-year-old German countess. Oh, dear god, I LOVE being King.

Finally, we have Belgrade, too. I will not tell you how, just trust me that it was bloody, difficult and resulted in Belá Vojislavljevic having the seat. These are glorious times to be Serbian.

Late 1120: Another son! Osmond he will be called and for him I hope a princedom. It is the very least he deserves, being born barely two years after his brother.

Late, Late 1120: FINALLY a real war. The Duchy of Slavonia has declared war on our oh so noble allies the Croatians, and it's all I can do not to stop myself from tearing after them in a blind haste, rage filling my blood stream. Before I do that, however, I think it's time to "find" some documents proving our rights to certain Slavonia domains...

My wife's bedwarmer has got himself into a duel with one of the other courtiers... I think I can get rid of him this way...

January 1121: And already the war with Slavonia is over. They barely had a token force defending the pathetic castle in that unpronounceable Croatian province, but we took it and they recognised our claim on it. The question is who to give it to.

1121: The Count of Ugra declared war on us for independence. Sending the troops there would've either killed them or bankrupted us if we'd sent them by sea, so I gave him his freedom. Cheaper than that piece of shit province was, anyway. Very little else happened this year.

1122: My uncle Petar died and left me Rama and Hum. I can managed them fairly, so I think I will stick by them for now and build their infrastructure. Maybe one of my sons can take them over after I am gone.

End Part 2

------------------------

A pretty eventful year. Our king has an heir and a spare (not decided which is which, yet, depends on how their stats come out) and a bastard boy just in case. This king is either going to live a long time despite his current crippling depression or die shortly because of it. We'll see. Currently waiting for the heirs of Byzantium and Hungary to turn 16 so I can try marrying our cousins off to them (not going to do much, but it'll give us a bit more spread out blood in higher echelons), so we'll see how that turns out. Claimed another province, exiled the wife's "friend" etc etc. A good year, all in all.

Raymond has the throne of France, too. It wouldn't shock me if he was assassinated or something soon, though. He's only 9 and there's a lot of years to go between 9 and 16.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2011, 09:31:16 pm »

The Reign of King Uros Vojislavljevic, A Diary : Part 3
The King Becomes A Shambles

1123: Lazar born, France disintegrating under the rule of a child king, very little else happens.

1124: Yet another year of little more than the usual crap. Random marriages wherever I see fit, found out some of our's were ALREADY inbred. The little French King soldiers on.

1125: Holy shit, ALL our vassals have just declared war on Croatia. Had a choice between joining Croatia and joining our vassals, joined our vassals and grabbed a few Croatian titles. Let's see if we can be ruler of the Serbs AND Croatians.

1126: The outcome was... Disappointing. We only got one province and that was by the skin of our teeth. And for what? We've ruined a great alliance and lost so many men. Ridiculous.

1127: Nothing happens except the whispering in the walls.

1128: The whispering grows louder! *there are lots of meaningless scribblings and drool stains covering these pages*

1129: *more scribblings and drool stains* I DIE!

Historian's note: December 11th, 1129: Uros' son, Prijezda comes to the throne after his father was assassinated the night before. Barely a teen, it was yet to be seen how well he would fare.

End Part 3

------------------------

Yeah, our king became schizophrenic. Some of our people were inbred (one of our daughters married a Russian who gave her a few children one of whom then married one of our's and gave us inbred babies) but I got rid of them via marriage. The realm is poor (although we've got a decent income) and most of our counts are pretty disloyal. I might have gave us waaaay too much BB and fucked us over there, you know how it goes.

Otherwise, our line is doing pretty well. Raymond is soldiering on in France, married decently and is 19 now. The next person along could probably play Prijezda and not fuck up, as long as you're ready to quickly subdue anyone that rebels. (Shouldn't be too hard, just be careful for assassins.) We've got a Voljislavljevic boning the Castillian queen, which means Voljislavljevic babies. One of our cousins is married to the Byzantine Emperor (I regretted that instantly when I realised it wouldn't get us closer to the throne and pushes us further away due to inbreeding issues). The rest of our spawn are all over the European world, messing shit up as they go along, like the pair I sent to marry the German women who they only had daughters with screwing us over in terms of succession there.

My advice to the next person if they play Serbia is: Give away some of our provinces. Get ready for rebellion and crush it swiftly. Remove those that rebel from their seats and replace them with Uros' siblings (put his bastard in a bishopric since they seem to ALWAYS be loyal). Hope to god you can reduce BB before Croatia, Hungary or Byzantium decide we look like juicy morsels and crush us.

My advice to the next person if they play France is: I have no idea. Godspeed, you black emperor. Unite France, maybe?

The Save Game Imaginatively Titled Bay12Games-Serbia-1130

P.S. I'd love to sign up for another turn as soon as possible.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2011, 11:47:09 pm »

Downloading now.  I'm tempted to take France, but it depends on their situation.  If there is no hope, I'll take Serbia instead.

Oh, and I've currently upgraded only to the last official patch, I haven't installed the beta patch.  Do I need the beta patch? 

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2011, 12:02:48 am »

Oh, for the love of the Patriarch!

Fair bit of land, two kingdoms, but...

What oh what could the French King have done to lose so much Prestige!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2011, 01:30:52 am »

yes you need the beta patch, otherwise bad things can happen.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2011, 01:58:41 am »

What's your monthly vassal loyalty loss due to badboy? That's a LOT of badboy.

I'm bemused by a French Orthodox king who's secretly Serbian.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2011, 02:31:51 am »

Ok, the game kept crashing, so I'll be updating to the beta patch.

Monthly loyalty loss due to badboy is 12%.
Monthly loyalty loss due to bad prestige is only 2%, which is amazing because it is so low.

On one hand, I'd like to steer the ruler towards Catholicism, as Pope stuff is so cool.  Shame they didn't implement the Eastern Pope.

On the other hand, the French Orthodox king idea is pretty cool, especially the possibility of converting all of Europe to Orthodoxy.  Kinda turns the slogan of the game from "Deus Vult" to "Screw You, Pope".
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7