Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game  (Read 93602 times)

TheOddDemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn Baby Burn
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 02:52:14 pm »

Also, for my turn, can I use the Ironhand tileset? Nothing else, just the tileset.
I eat dead people.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 03:01:28 pm »

dose the volcano have an aquifer/ river? either way, sign me up!

and i'm not against tilesets (use mayday's myself). though you may want to reset the raws when you're done.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 03:12:36 pm »

NOTE: I do a lot more talking than picturing, so bear with me. I'll have pictures of everything important (except for a little surprise) at the end of the year.

1st of Granite
Kel Likotasmel, Expedition Leader

As planned, we arrived on the first of Granite. The mountains here are covered in snow, the ponds are frozen over, and a chill is in the air. A quick survey of the area reveals much.
There is little soil here, unfortunately. We must find some way of irrigating some farmland. The volcano is actually below ground level a bit of a ways, and there is a pretty formation as the scraps of stone cling to the air high above us. We can make out veins of hematite, praise Armok, as well as some malachite and enormous chunks of marble. this place will be perfect.
There is a sort of hill just a little ways off from the main mountain. That is where we shall make our home. I ordered the miners to clear the sloped sides off to make it more defendable and to begin carving an entrance and basic rooms. Our woodworker, Meng, is cutting down trees now, and our mason has set up a little workshop and is producing the furniture we will need. I cannot do anything at the moment, as the snow has covered all signs of plants here, so I shall simply oversee everything. There is a Giant Eagle soaring in the skies above us; I trained our dogs to fight while brainstorming ways to capture those beasts. Attached is a rough sketch of our embark.

@TheOddDemon:
Whatever tilesets you use have no effect on the next player, as far as I know. Have at it!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 04:36:43 pm by Crazy Cow »

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 03:15:00 pm »

i'm pure unmodded ascii on my end, so im unsure what i will have to do when my turn comes around..

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 04:36:24 pm »

1st of Hematite
"Crazy Cow" Likotasmel, Expedition Leader
Seasonal Fortress Report

We have tunneled out the basics our fortress will need. We have a dining room furnished with tables and chairs, a dormitory set aside, and we have dug out extensive pockets of silt to create room for stockpiles. As I write this, we are moving food into the fortress proper.
Other than the deposits we can see in the cliff, we have struck no metals. Our fortress is dacite with small pockets of orpiment, although an inconvenient loam deposit got in the way of our workshop area. Once the caverns are breached and spores begin floating in, that place will look like care bears came and puked all over it.
I began to set up a farm before I realized that I had forgotten to bring any seeds. Bashing my head into the dacite wall, I told the diggers to mine up to the top of the hill, the mason to create a shelter, and set out to dig up some plants. I found several specimens starting to sprout up through the snow, although nothing edible yet. We killed the mule and water buffalo that were given to us by the Mountainhomes, and chained a war dog next to the entrance.
Once migrants arrive, I'm going to get them to smooth and engrave the whole thing here, and I will set up some magma forges before Fall. Then, exploratory mining will commence, and hopefully we will find some good hematite veins.
However, I am sure that, despite my wonderful job here, I will be replaced as leader of this outpost. That will not happen, at least not without a fight from me. If I am forced down, I will make life difficult for whoever succeeds me, and I know exactly how.

I was thinking of doing something tame, A Spoony Bard, like putting the refuse stockpile in the dining room and turning on outside refuse gathering, but I have something more... devious in mind. I hope you like spikes.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 05:26:21 pm »

Whatever tilesets you use have no effect on the next player, as far as I know. Have at it!

tilesets modify some of the raws, so they need to be replaced with the originals once the turn is done.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 05:34:12 pm »

Ah, alright then. I am going to request that everyone that uses a tileset replaces the raws to their original state before passing the game on to the next person, then.

TheOddDemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn Baby Burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 05:49:44 pm »

Ok.
I eat dead people.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 06:07:02 pm »

1st of Hematite
Seasonal Fortress Report

Oh Armok no.
A few days after my last seasonal report, the badgers came. A whole swarm of giant badgers descended upon us like a berserk hurricane. Our metalsmith was viciously ravaged before he got dragged away. I ordered everyone inside and locked the doors. The badgers, outside, could do nothing.
I ordered the miners to carve out the area underneath our wagon, and just as that was finished a wave of migrants arrived. They managed to sneak past the badgers into the fortress; our population is now sixteen. A strategically placed support held the wagon up while we prepared, then collapsed it into a small chamber. We quickly organized the supplies and got Udib, the metalsmith, settled in.
I set three dwarves to start smoothing every rock in this place, and the miners to dig out our magma furnaces. The badger invasion has demonstrated our need of a military, and I want that done as soon as possible.
I found some wild strawberries, and after eating them I told the mason to build a shelter on top of the hill. With that done, I have begun to plant strawberries, safe from any invaders that might attack. Strawberries are better than plump helmets, anyway.
The magma furnaces were finished just before Autumn. The large chamber has a channel down the center, which taps into the nearby volcano. It will be a simple matter to add magma forges as needed. Also, the aquifer was discovered and tapped as a water source for Udib and any future wounded. A makeshift hospital was set up in the corner of the dormitory; we have no doctors yet, but it will be stocked soon.
Production for plan "Fuck You Next Overseer" is in progress as we speak.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 09:39:24 pm by Crazy Cow »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 07:06:23 pm »

1st of Moonstone
Seasonal Fortress Report

Not much happened this season. I have our miners exploring for minerals, and a few forges set up. A glassmaker went into a fey mood and made a perfect green glass gem. Our population was boosted to twenty-two. The traders from the mountainhomes arrived. Despite having 300 Dorfbucks in profit, they refused my trades, saying they couldn't imagine me ending up with all those goods. I deconstructed the trade depot out from under them and told them to fuck themselves.

Final update is tomorrow!

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 07:24:40 pm »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 07:42:46 pm »

You ever eaten a raw mushroom? A raw strawberry?
If so, tell me with a straight face that the mushroom was the better.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 08:33:17 pm »

Turn 8 is open?

That sounds like the 8est thing ever! I can't w8!

(i am signing up in case you can't tell)
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 08:54:50 pm »

and i though i was crazy for taking turn 7.

*shudders at the thought of playing after 6 years of sabotage*

and to clarify on the rules,  i trust that crazed maniacs Overseers won't be deliberately searching for them, but if we do spot the time bomb, are we allowed to disarm it.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 09:22:05 pm »

Gimme numba 9!
I should be able to think of something cool by then.
Does the sabotage have to be a surprise?  Could it be a really obvious problem that's hard to solve?  Just curious.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:27:26 pm by BodyGripper »
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41