Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game  (Read 93701 times)

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game
« Reply #570 on: January 06, 2012, 03:48:57 pm »

He may have done the hole into the stockpile area instead. And since exactly one dwarf was killed in the hole-in-the-wall and in the stockpile area, this means both traps were a huge success!
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 06, 2012, 03:51:45 pm »

He may have done the hole into the stockpile area instead. And since exactly one dwarf was killed in the hole-in-the-wall and in the stockpile area, this means both traps were a huge success!

Hole in the stockpile area? If you mean the big hole in the ceiling that was me too...
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 06, 2012, 04:20:09 pm »

my trap actually killed someone?! YES!!! ITS NOT A COMPLETE FAILURE!!!
Wait, did you also put hard to spot holes into the walls?

no mine where the walled in dwarves.  I think i posted what it was supposed to be on one of the previous pages...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 11, 2012, 02:30:53 pm »

Sorry for the long delay. I kept waiting for something more interesting to happen, but it just was taking too long.

21st Felsite: Just when you think your troubles are over...

Not sure how this guy got in, but I am sure that all entrances really are closed now. I've sent the military after it, and with luck that will be the end of it.

22nd Felsite: So much for that...

Nothing much I can do here. I've sent the military, such as it is, to plug the breach. We'll see what happens.

23rd Felsite: Well, the military managed to drive them back, but...

We lost a good half of the military in this debacle, and about a quarter of all our dwarves. Now that the siege is leaving, I'm making sure we have better countermeasures against this sort of thing in the future. Of course, I haven't even managed to build my bolt-hole yet, so what am I talking about?

The elves got through this with no trouble, blast them. They didn't even notice the attack, apart from a couple of strange thumping noises from the trap hall behind them!

11th Hematite: No more disasters, fortunately, and everyone's starting to get over what happened during the spring. I've been working on sealing up the holes in the fortress, such as this one.

Meanwhile, work proceeds on my little haven at a slow but steady rate. There's a couple of spots where the natural gems almost form windows from room to room, all very nice looking.

The mayor wants us to make some brass, and we're low on cages anyway, so I obliged him. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out who's dead and who we still have, so I know whether or not to appoint a new doctor and such. Back to the basics.

27th Hematite: The recovery is still going slow. A few dwarves have started throwing tantrums. The injured parties have demanded that I punish those responsible, but honestly, I have neither the time nor the desire to go along with that. So someone tossed one of your shoes across the hall. Big deal. On the upside, we've managed to clean up about three quarters of the junk that was lying around. Once we've finished dealing with that, it'll be time to start trying to raise morale.

11th Malachite: I've been exploring more of the fortress, now that all the calamities seem to be over for the moment, and have found some new weird things.

This seems to be a set of pumps which do nothing more than send a small amount of magma from one pump to the next. Other than keeping a very small of magma floating in midair continuously, it doesn't seem to have a point. I've got no idea how they got magma into it in the first place, seeing as the floor below is some kind of small mausoleum.

Here we have a little two story room with bridges around the edges of the second story. Why? No clue. There's not even ramps or something underneath those hatches to get you to the first floor. The room below has some levers, which I'm not going to pull, and a few nest boxes.

Here is, as I like to call it, the 'green dining room', or perhaps the 'useless dining room'. I have to wonder, why is it that this place has so many dining rooms and so few hospitals?

If things keep going slow, and people don't mind, I'm going to keep throwing up random weird areas I discover, to make the filler a little more filling. But now that most things are back in their stockpiles, my dwarves should start being interesting soon.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 11, 2012, 02:49:02 pm »

Why does this graveyard have a moat?

But it doesn't drain to anywhere... It's an empty, 1 z-level deep moat. On another note, whoever turned off all the labors, I hate you.
I think it's mine creation. I intended to make some dramatic magma flooding across the fortress to graveyard to burn bodies to ash and release angry ghosts, and moat was meant to block entance to graveyard during that. Unfortunately I screwed up the pauching condition... But I made drainage of death instead.

Nice to see this crazy thing still movin!

Here is, as I like to call it, the 'green dining room', or perhaps the 'useless dining room'. I have to wonder, why is it that this place has so many dining rooms and so few hospitals?
You're newbie here. That body behing fortifications was out fortress' mascot - T-Rex in a box. Guys were watching him wandering there and got some good thrill, till some marksdwarf shot him with crossbow.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:53:50 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 11, 2012, 03:10:15 pm »

I thought the T-rex was accidently dumped into the magma by someone emptying cages?
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 11, 2012, 04:50:47 pm »

I'm honestly amazed the fortress has lasted this long, with such a short 'justice' list. Only eight criminals so far, though I suspect that my rule will result in another half-dozen or so.
Live bait.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 11, 2012, 07:16:08 pm »

You're newbie here. That body behing fortifications was out fortress' mascot - T-Rex in a box. Guys were watching him wandering there and got some good thrill, till some marksdwarf shot him with crossbow.

And he was severely punished for that.  Oh and

@TSTwizby:  I really like your reactions and descriptions of all the weird ass rooms.  Keep em coming!
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 12, 2012, 03:36:16 am »

Sent my pm regarding a turn. It'll be fun to eventually screw and be screwed. Will be watching till my turn as well.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 12, 2012, 03:14:04 pm »

Sent my pm regarding a turn. It'll be fun to eventually screw and be screwed. Will be watching till my turn as well.
Who too? Just Crazy Cow who originally made this thread has abandoned it and we've been self governing for 7 turns now, which reminds me - I think we should create a new thread to reflect this and reset the turn list that way we can get new players coming in too, and add a link to an archive somewhere or other, my nomination for the thread creator would go to either Ifeno or Peregarret and I wouldn't mind updating the player list and sending out PM's either if people reckon it's a good idea
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 12, 2012, 03:16:24 pm »

*snip* ((accidentally posted the same thing twice))
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 03:18:15 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 12, 2012, 03:25:24 pm »

Who too? Just Crazy Cow who originally made this thread has abandoned it and we've been self governing for 7 turns now, which reminds me - I think we should create a new thread to reflect this and reset the turn list that way we can get new players coming in too, and add a link to an archive somewhere or other, my nomination for the thread creator would go to either Ifeno or Peregarret and I wouldn't mind updating the player list and sending out PM's either if people reckon it's a good idea
Wut?! :o
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 12, 2012, 08:50:49 pm »

i'd be happy to make a thread.  However let's wait to see how everyone else feels about making a 2nd thread before we do so

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 12, 2012, 08:54:16 pm »

i'd be happy to make a thread.  However let's wait to see how everyone else feels about making a 2nd thread before we do so
Fair enough, I'd guess a week would be fine
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 12, 2012, 09:26:09 pm »

Probably a good idea to have an up to date front page. We can link them together best we can, and possibly compile the turns so far in a forest of Spoilers.

EDIT: and yes, I sent it to crazy cow.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:27:56 pm by Cellmonk »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41