Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game  (Read 93706 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game
« Reply #585 on: January 12, 2012, 09:40:36 pm »

^yea thats essentially what i was thinking.  But ill still wait a few days in case anyone has any objections.  Also i wanna make sure EVERYONE knows that this thread is being replaced by a new one.  Ya know...so there's no confusion and missplaced posts etc...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 13, 2012, 02:04:28 pm »

This would all be fine with me.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 13, 2012, 09:50:20 pm »

no objections here... just make sure to provide a link in this thread to the new one.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 14, 2012, 02:48:22 pm »

Im in for the new thread. And if you read the FirePunch tread you would have heard that I had the flu. Thankfully im over that now and am 100% healthy again.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 14, 2012, 03:21:45 pm »

Im in for the new thread. And if you read the FirePunch tread you would have heard that I had the flu. Thankfully im over that now and am 100% healthy again.

Good to hear you're no longer wallowing in your own bodily fluids, and fit to make some dwarfed peons wallow in theirs!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 16, 2012, 12:12:57 pm »

in this case i might go ahead and make the thread later today.  I'll likely try to create some sort of archive of all the entries/updates posted thus far so it could take a bit to make it...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 16, 2012, 01:19:23 pm »

in this case i might go ahead and make the thread later today.  I'll likely try to create some sort of archive of all the entries/updates posted thus far so it could take a bit to make it...
Could you have the turn list and link to each part like some of the other successions?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 16, 2012, 01:48:39 pm »

Could you have the turn list and link to each part like some of the other successions?

yea that was on my to-do list as well.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 16, 2012, 05:33:29 pm »

EDIT: Link removed.  Didn't check the timestamps to notice the new thread's currently a work in progress!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:35:04 pm by KenboCalrissian »
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 16, 2012, 08:01:21 pm »

EDIT: Link removed.  Didn't check the timestamps to notice the new thread's currently a work in progress!

keep posting on here for now.  Anything that needs transfering will be transfered =)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 16, 2012, 09:46:20 pm »

Well, I can't say much except sorry for my negligence.
Have fun with the new thread, guys!

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 16, 2012, 11:00:48 pm »

Don't worry, it happens. Especially with long runners like this. I'm having some trouble with the internet at the moment (just got back to school, using one of the school computers for the moment) but It should be cleared up by tomorrow. Just to be clear, at the moment we are still using this thread?
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 16, 2012, 11:02:12 pm »

Don't worry, it happens. Especially with long runners like this. I'm having some trouble with the internet at the moment (just got back to school, using one of the school computers for the moment) but It should be cleared up by tomorrow. Just to be clear, at the moment we are still using this thread?

yessir

i underestimated how long it would take to get the new thread up and running and i only have an hour every now nd then to do it.  So itll take me a few days to get it ready.  Soz bout that

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 17, 2012, 03:38:13 pm »

If it's too much trouble, I could probably take it up, as it seems I have more free time than you. Anyway, here's an update. Loads of weird stuff.

26th Malachite: It seems I was being a little optimistic about how quickly things would begin to be some kind of normal around here. There are huge numbers of seeds lying around, and I've just about decided to give up on cleaning them all up. Meanwhile, I've had to step up coffin production as ghosts are getting troublesome.

I had a look around the other day and saw that there were about a hundred and seventy coffins in total. How the heck has this fortress survived this long with so many casualties!?

5th Galena: Ingiz has been hanging around the coffins I've been building a lot lately.

I'm pretty sure he's annoyed that his body is so low in the queue.]

8th Galena: It seems we have an uninvited guest.

What's a Thrips?

10th Galena: Our feathered guest seems content to wander aimlessly, but elsewhere we seem to have sprung a leak.

I'm ordering the area sealed off. I still can't find where all this water is coming from, but at least this solves the problem of that support being knocked over by accident.

12th Galena: The forgotten beast has begun killing off the dogs that were stuck down underground. We'll need to flood the place out afterwards to get rid of all the dust, I suppose.

However, it doesn't look like it'll be around for long.

That dust is pretty nasty, if what happens to the dogs is any indication.

Also, one of our sick dwarves has just leapt out of bed and demanded access to a craftdwarf's workshop. We'll see how this goes...

... what IS a thrips?
Live bait.

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 18, 2012, 12:02:38 am »

I was wondering too, so I looked it up on wikipedia. If I was in an evil mood I'd suggest you do the same, but I'm not so I'll tell you it's a tiny (<1 mm long) insect that feeds on plants. Apparently they're also known as "thunderbugs," which seems appropriate for this particular specimen.

Of course I'm not sure whether to trust the article since it also claims that the plural of "swan" is "swan." ::)
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41