Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game  (Read 93068 times)

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game
« Reply #600 on: January 18, 2012, 12:16:01 am »

Yeah, I probably should have checked. In any case, the fact that the dogs are unable to kill a bug is most disappointing. I've seen BABIES kill insectoid forgotten beasts.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 19, 2012, 12:43:13 am »

Nothing much has been happening, so I decided to post another filler update.

Lately there hasn't been very much happening of interest. We've interred most of the ghosts wandering around, cleaned up some more of the fortress, sealed off some security breaches...

I've recruited most of the mechanics to work on my little safe house for me, and I'm thinking of adding a small farm plot and magma forge area, just in case.

I decided to take a break from giving orders and wandered around the fortress a bit.

Here is what appears to be an attempt at a magma forge area. Judging from the floor below, someone tried to fill the trenches, currently filled with water, with magma, and screwed up somehow. After this they decided to flood the room instead, and then fill it with levers and nest boxes. It currently serves as a minor annoying obstacle on the path from the rest of the fort to my safe room.

Here is the most out of the way, and by far most opulent, of our little crypts. I found it after tripping down a set of stairs and falling about five z-levels, ironically, from the hospital. I kind of want to steal some of those gem encrusted windows for my hideaway, but given the luck we've had with ghosts lately this probably isn't a good idea.

Here is the other of our great necropoles. For a while I thought it was impossible to enter, until I found a way in through one of the hatches lying around the place. I'd honestly thought it was just gathering dust in a stockpile until then. I'm not sure what, if anything, those pressure plates do when pressed, though I had to rescue some horses trapped in there earlier by breaking down the wall. I'm not sure what's going on with those wolves trapped in the upper left either.

These were the only big graveyards I could find, apart from a few huge collections of coffins and the occasional small memorial. If I had any idea when these had been made, I suppose I could find the point when it suddenly became impossible to build cemeteries faster than dwarves started dying.

For the record, it's the 4th of Sandstone. I'm running out of interesting rooms to do, maybe next time I'll go on a safari. I've gotten started on my trap, but it seems to be malfunctioning. With luck it will start working out soon.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:45:45 am by TSTwizby »
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 19, 2012, 10:40:52 am »

those graveyards where my doing and the pressure plates where part of my failed trap.  and yea..it was pretty much impossible to keep up w/ all the dying dwarves.  The drain of death just caused too many casualties.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 19, 2012, 10:52:50 am »

I love how it sounds like there are so many Forgotten Beasts in cages that the dwarves are having to sort through them.

"Is the giant unicorn gopher the one you're after?"

"Nah, I'm looking for the massive dinosaur."

"Hmm. Ok, that might be in the west wing. Let me check..."

found this while finishing up the new thread...thats my new sig
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 19, 2012, 02:23:56 pm »

Shall I move over to that one? I'll probably have another post ready later today.
Live bait.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 19, 2012, 04:00:20 pm »

yep, this thread is just for archival reference now
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]