Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Troll Bone Doctor  (Read 1360 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Troll Bone Doctor
« on: July 17, 2011, 11:11:41 pm »

A whole herd of trolls just invaded my fortress (the goblins and their GCS's are waiting outside). One of the trolls is a bone doctor.

Pic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Waht.

I couldn't find anything definitive on this topic. I'm pretty sure the troll didn't enter the map as a bone doctor, but I'm not sure. All I know is she's wrestling my engraver, and will very likely break her bones very effectively.

I'll almost certainly be reloading to my save at the moment of the siege announcement, so I can see if it happens again.

EDIT: Apparently, there's a metalcrafter also. And a wood cutter.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:17:26 pm by Lectorog »

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Troll Bone Doctor
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 11:22:05 pm »

trolls [CAN_LEARN], so they pick all kinds of useful skills during world gen.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 11:30:02 pm »

Had to reload; no specialized trolls this time. Thanks for the answer! I really had no clue what the cause of this was. They don't have any skills displayed or anything like that.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11:44:44 pm »

Mod them to be part of your civ, they'll be great additions to your dwarven lifestyle!
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 12:12:03 am »

I get this all the time, Troll furnace operators, crafters, woodcutters and such, and I believe I know the answer:

Those cruel, vicious goblins brutally conquer the trollish settlements, whipping their backs open with flails, slamming them into manacles and forcing them to fight for them on pain of agonizing death.
The poor trolls bear you no ill will, they just want to be back in their village, weaving, or sculpting! Just kill the goblins, free their poor slav-- Oh, right. Snosdub McTrolldoctor has been impaled on a large iron spike.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fire_fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 12:27:05 am »

They try to work at dwarven workshops but because of their great size they just end of smashing the workshop. This drives them mad so they go berserk and kill your dwarves. They really just are good people they just too big!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 12:29:21 am »

The trolls killed my bear. My tamed grizzly bear. Wrestled it to death, about 6 of the trolls. They're also smashing coffins outside my fortress. I think they probably bear me ill will.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 12:32:33 am »

Troll 1: Hey Bob, first day on da job too?
Troll 2: Yeah, Snosdub. We's gonna have fun workin' for dese dwarves!
Troll 1: Yeah! Hey, lookit dis. A lunchbox! Dem dwarves is nice, leavin' us food.
*Troll 1 smashes open Urist McLongdead's coffin and begins munching on his bones before heading to the workshops*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Croquantes

• Bay Watcher
  • Essence of Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 12:34:55 am »

I like trolls, they always come by my fortress to admire my traps. They usually wind up getting stuck inside of them, but at least they know good craftmanship when they see it. :D

tmrt

• Bay Watcher
  • Black-Clad Voyeur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 01:29:22 am »

I have seen a troll administrator during a siege once. Goblins are indeed extremely happy to have semi-useful nobles (for shearing).

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 01:45:19 am »

Shearing your nobles? If there was a way...

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 05:37:00 am »

I think the most epic fight I ever saw a troll deliver was against an adamantine clad spearmaster.  The troll began the fight by jumping into a drainage tank for a freezing trap which doubled as a corpse aquarium and pulling the dwarf after it.  I quickly opened the tank so the spearmaster wouldn't drown. And discovered the troll beating her to death with her own helmet. Troll died, but took the spearmaster with it.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 07:10:09 am »

i thought this meant a doctor made out of troll bone.
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 10:48:04 am »

as did I. Though I love the mental image of a troll doctor."I is  steing yur bone, this only hert alot"
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.