Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mechanics of noble bedroom jealousy  (Read 14321 times)

Fearless Son

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics of noble bedroom jealousy
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 03:20:28 pm »

Throne room = office though?
Yeah, throne rooms and offices are just different names for the same room type, and book keepers need offices to do their job.  That said, they only need a tiny one. 

Maybe the job requirement places it outside the regular calculations?

kirrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 05:40:35 pm »

It sounds like its not a comparative difference between the noble's room and another room, but another dwarf having a room that is simply too good for them to be assigned.  It also sounds like !!SCIENCE!! must be done to really confirm this...  and on actual dwarfs even! (as opposed to hippies)

"Line up, fellow members of Labourworship, for your daily meds!  This won't hurt a bit!  Muahahaha!"

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 09:29:51 am »

It sounds like its not a comparative difference between the noble's room and another room, but another dwarf having a room that is simply too good for them to be assigned.  It also sounds like !!SCIENCE!! must be done to really confirm this...  and on actual dwarfs even! (as opposed to hippies)
This. It's a case of the 'lower classes' getting 'too uppity for their own good'.

It really SHOULD be about the relative value from the comparative worth. Who cares if every dwarf has a "royal" bedroom, so long as your royal bedroom is worth X times more than the rest?

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 09:41:27 am »

Can y'all confirm that non-noble rooms aren't a problem? I've got a couple of Potters who have rooms "like a personal palace" because of bits of mined-out hematite in the floor tiles of their room or what have you.  That doesn't seem to be causing ill thoughts in my nobles, however.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 10:25:35 am »

My duke is hovering around Content / Fine (to everyon else's Ecstatic / Happy) after a non-noble made some artifact furniture, which was promptly placed in the dwarf's room. The value of the room is lower than the duke's, but both are classed as Royal. Other noble rooms are:

Manager: Splendid Office (requires Meagre)
Captain of the Guard: Royal Throne Room (Office), Grand Bedroom (Quarters), Royal Dining Room (Dining Room)

These have not caused any mood hits on the Duke.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]