Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Essenceborn - A God Game - Turn 7  (Read 24290 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Essenceborn - A Multiplayer God Game
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 10:58:11 am »

Oh, that sound pretty cool then actually.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Essenceborn - A Multiplayer God Game
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 11:02:10 am »

Kilakan's added Rule System:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm thinking of using this for the bases of the turn based variant if you don't mind.  Any ideas on changing it Digital?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:07:12 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Essenceborn - A God Game
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 11:04:38 am »

That seems pretty good. Maybe increase the cost of making one into a Prophet? They're supposed to be extremely valuable. Also, I think I have 5 DE for every follower and more for Prophets and Fanatics.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:07:24 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 11:06:42 am »

That was a typo, it was supposed to be 50, that way it takes about 10 turns to make a prophet and only a prophet with 100 followers.
Hum, I kinda didn't want to have people getting into making like 200 Divine Essence a turn, so just call it a heck of alot more valuable in my version, but also more powerful to compensate.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:08:14 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 11:17:32 am »

Alright, you seem to have it figured out so I'll make this singleplayer as was my original idea after all. If you want to compete against other players, feel free to join up on kilakan's game as well. I'll choose the god and start the game in a bit.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 11:48:47 am »

Which gods are the four? if mine is in I shall be happy! :)
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 11:50:08 am »

@McClay: This game is going single player. Kilakan is making a new game soon, so he claims, so you'll want to claim a spot in that if you want to play with others.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 11:51:55 am »

Yeah, I'm probably not going to be on by the time you make the game so I'd like to claim a spot now if possible kilakan?

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 12:04:40 pm »

Same here. I'd like to reserve a spot with my same god.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 12:05:21 pm »

Name: Nuul
Description: Appears as chaotically moving swirls of raw power/multicoloured light. Is a personification of the indifferent cruelty of nature.

The darkness of the night is abruptly swept away as Nuul awakens. The living chaos detaches itself from the moist forest soil, rising upwards with a series sudden movements and jerks. She reaches the top of the pine trees and continues on, surveying the landscape from far up in the air. Stormclouds flash past, but Nuul doesn't even feel them. She's soon far above them as well.

A sea of green spreads below, hugging tightly onto a mountain range. Two rivers snake across the landscape in the horizon. Satisfied, Nuul turns her gaze down to the forest below. There's life there. Her mind is racing, thoughts moving faster than humanly possible.

Nuul approaches the specks of Essence hidden inside the living creatures below. Small furred beings, travelling on four legs, their crude minds incapable of even conceiving the existance of a being like her. They're useless to her. But she senses something else, something much more intelligent. The goddess seeks them out, finding a band of two-legged sapients wrapped in simple furs and carrying weapons of wood and stone. Humans. She could gain more power from their worship, but such primitives are quick to forget and die of disease, old age and violence.

Nuul rises once again, observing the distant horizon. Her vision follows the surface of the earth, moving quickly past useless wilderness and vast oceans until it finds something else. A cluttered mess of buildings of stone and wood under a burning sun, surrounded by fields of grapes and grain. The amount of humans huddled together inside this town surprises Nuul. It might be easier to attempt to convert the people of one of the farmsteads in the hills surrounding the settlement.

Nuul returns to her body. The world is vast, and these are far from the only options available to her.

---
Turn 0 Events

Nuul awakens and surveys the World.

---
Godly Power
Divine Essence Gained - 0¤
Divine Essence Lost - 0¤

Remaining Divine Essence - 100¤

The Faithful
Spoiler: Prophets (click to show/hide)
Followers - 0

The Religion
Spoiler: Zuul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minor Aspects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

---

Gameplay note here: Less advanced humans are easier to convert to your worship and easier to convince of anything, and less prone to Prophets inventing anything, while more advanced humans have larger populations, but are harder to sway and love to create religious texts and traditions from scratch.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Essenceborn - A God Game - Turn 0
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2011, 12:09:20 pm »

Search the world for followers. Are the other gods made in this thread going to be part of the Paenthon or are they gone now.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2011, 12:10:49 pm »

Attract attention and do some fantastic act to gain followers.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 12:14:39 pm »

Search the world for followers. Are the other gods made in this thread going to be part of the Paenthon or are they gone now.

They will exist as NPC gods, yes.

Attract attention and do some fantastic act to gain followers.

Specifics, please. Fantastic act is very vague. You also didn't specify if you wanted to head to a more advanced culture or stay with these nomads.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 12:15:56 pm »

Walk among the animals of nature, adn make them your friends walk into the village surronded by a heard of deer, and other forest animals, and teach them not to hunt the animals of nature unless it is to survive not for sport.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 12:27:07 pm »

adwarf, we're a god of chaos, not of fluffy bunnies.  We should encourage hunting.  As for what to do, give them an iron sword maybe?  Let's go with the nomads for now.  We want all the followers we can get.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11