Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Essenceborn - A God Game - Turn 7  (Read 23855 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Essenceborn - A God Game - Turn 1
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2011, 08:38:00 am »

Grant the Red Path Tribe's Prohept a Tiger that will be his companion to show that animals, and humans cna live together.

(Also if you do bring Hikari into this his personality is he is very impatient, quick to jump to conclusions, he rarely trusts other, and prefers not to cause fights)

Are you sure? As I said earlier, creating life is extremely costly. As a cheaper alternative, you could find a bear, wolf or other beast of this climate and mind-control tame it for him.

And sure, I'll keep that in mind. Everybody else, feel free to write up the personalities of the gods you suggested or suggest new ones, as long as you also give me Acts.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2011, 08:41:40 am »

Well na give her a wolf instead, so that shoul solidify more followers, and that clan for us.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2011, 10:22:26 am »

I to vote Arahe our prophet.

Explain how the strength of animals come from the constant competition between them, and to become stronger the tribes should study animals and learn their ways. Introduce social Darwinism and the concept of a free market to the Fire Stone Tribe. Your gift will be knowledge of immense value (and basically free to you, but don't mention that); teach them of ruthless tactics, the art of political manipulation by diplomacy and lies, the virtue of practice and hard work over heroism and innate ability, and the flaws of the crippling human mind so they may overcome those in themselves.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2011, 10:55:17 am »

ok I've made the multiplayer version, everyone who posted a character here has a reserved spot, please repost your character in this thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=89161.0
Changes to your character are allowed.
Nom nom nom

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2011, 12:33:08 pm »

Spoiler: Suggestions (click to show/hide)
vagel7:

Nuul ignores the mortal's anger. He's obviously the leader of these people, or atleast in a position of power. She reaches in, focuses, and gently touches Arahe's mind. The effects are immediate. The hunter screams and steps back, eyes widening in shock. Essence flows throughout his body, his brain buzzing with newfound energy. Unheard by others, Nuul whispers to the man. This is just the beginning. If a simple connection between gives him this, can he even begin to wonder what she could really do? Nuul feels Arahe's proud resistance and spite fading away in the presence of a goddess.

Arahe is silent for a while, then begins laughing. He stops after a few moments, turning to face his tribesmen. His voice hasn't changed, but now carries a certain hidden power inside it. When he speaks, everyone else falls silent, as if hypnotized by his words.

'Brothers, friends!' he shouts, 'How misguided have we been? How foolish to worship such false idols such as these?' Arahe spits towards a simple wooden carving in his belt and throws it on the ground. There are a few shocked gasps from his audience.

'We are in the presence of a true god. Oh yes... I can feel her in my mind, and I understand now.' Arahe pauses, looking back at the chaotic mass that is Nuul. 'Great One, we swear to follow you and ask for your guidance and aid.'

Nuul accepts her Prophet's words and looks at the rest of the tribesmen. Confusion, fear, anger play on their faces, but most show respect and look determined. It seems that most are willing to believe Arahe.

BunnyBob/adwarf/Armok:

To cement the faith, Nuul decides on several gifts for her Prophet and his people. Nuul speaks again, forming into existence weapons and armor of bronze and spends several hours teaching them about using them and tactics. Many of the words and examples she uses are hard for the Fire Stone Tribe to grasp, but her Prophet is of great help in this matter. She influences their minds as well, connecting her words with mental images and situations. It will take the warriors of the tribe years to achieve their true potential, but Nuul has sown the seeds.

After she is done with her teachings, Nuul speaks to Arahe again. 'In two nights, you will receive another gift of mine. It will serve as your companion as long as you serve me.'

The Prophet pledges his eternal gratitude, but Nuul isn't done yet. Her most important lesson is yet to be told.

The tribesmen listen to their new goddess long into the night. She talks about the survival of the strongest and the skills they will need to endure in her service. To survive, one must adopt ruthlessness and pragmatism, always practice and work to improve themselves, the usefulness of well-crafted lies and trickery. All do not like what they hear, but they gain grim, resigned looks and begin nodding in agreement as her speech draws on. In the end, they are chanting her name like madmen, ignoring their dead torches in favor of the light radiating from Nuul's true form.

In the span of one day, she has completely changed the minds of the entire tribe. Even the former fanatics of the spirit religion have long since abandoned their imagined gods and turned to serving the true one. Nuul leaves the camp in satisfaction.

She still has one task to do. The goddess rises high and scans the lands for a pack of the predators she had seen earlier. It doesn't take long for her to spot a group of silver-furred wolves running through the wilderness. She chooses one and grips its mind, bringing it away from the pack and to her. She fills its mind with eternal devotion to Arahe, its new master, and forbids it from eating men and doing anything her Prophet tells it to. Once she's sure it's completely hers, she lets it go and commands it to find Arahe at the specified time.

Red Path Tribe:

Though Nuul is too busy with the Fire Stones and only sees the aftermath, her words as Nadani left a deep impact on the men and women in the Red Path Tribe. They try to continue life as usual, but a gap has formed between those who believe and those who do not. The hunters head back to the forest to look for food, but are ambushed by half a dozen Followers. They believe Nadani meant that no animal deserved to be killed for any reason. The hunters are killed and their bodies hidden. The group that goes looking for them suffers the same fate, but there are more of them and some escape back to the camp with the names of their attackers.

This causes an uproar back in the camp, and the elders of the tribe summon them to answer for their crimes. Their brothers act fast, however, and free them, imprisoning the elders. Things get violent very fast. The fighting lasts throughout the night, and the Followers are driven out into the woods and exiled. There they realize that while they do not wish to harm the creatures of the forest, the animals themselves have no qualms about it...

Two Skulls Tribe:

The bear attacks again, taking two children. Belief in Nuul shatters as her words are simply proven untrue. She did not kill the beast nor protect her followers from it.

---
Turn 2 Events

Nuul turns Arahe the Hunter into her Prophet and teaches much to the Fire Stone Tribe. - Prophet Gained. 82 Followers Gained.

Nuul gives the Fire Stone Tribe weapons and armor made of bronze. - 60 Divine Essence Lost.

Nuul commands a wolf to serve as Arahe's companion. - 50 Divine Essence Lost.

Nuul's followers in the Red Path Tribe are driven out from their camp. - 10 Followers Lost.

The Two Skulls Tribe followers stop worshipping Nuul after the bear re-attacks. - 10 Followers Lost.

---
Godly Power
Divine Essence Gained - 345¤
Divine Essence Lost - 110¤

Remaining Divine Essence - 255¤ (+615¤ next turn)

The Faithful
Spoiler: Prophets (click to show/hide)
Followers - 18 (Red Path Tribe), 31 (Water Runner Tribe), 82 (Fire Stone Tribe)

The Religion
Spoiler: Nuul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minor Aspects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Traditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:36:28 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Essenceborn - A God Game - Turn 2
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2011, 12:56:13 pm »

Things to teach:

Your reaction of worship to the bronze and the wolves are misguided. To do proper worship is not to Hide away and reserve, or to elevate and spoil. True worship is shown by studying, taming, mass producing and finally and most importantly EXPLOITING. This is true for all things: men, animals, metals, ideas, even gods. In a ruthless world you do not have time for restraint.

Teach them that the goal of all things is to grow and make more of itself, and that to be true to themselves they must do this at any cost and that all other goals they might think themselves to have are delusion. Also explain to them how the way you grow is by worship, and thus to serve you they must do whatever it takes to make more people worship you and follow your teachings.

Tell them that the world will always be cruel, for if it is not then the one who invents cruelty will take all, and you have taught them it's secret.

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2011, 01:04:41 pm »

I agree with Armok and also save the followers who were exiled and lead them to the Fire Stone tribe.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2011, 01:08:07 pm »

Go back to the village of the Red Path, and esplain once again that they could harm animals of nature, and use them for their purposes, but only if it is nessecary.

I think we should turn the exiles into the first of the Forest Sprites who will be our goddess's servants, and will protect the forests fo the world, but thats my opinion.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2011, 01:15:52 pm »

I think we should save up essence for a turn. In fact, that's a specific action I suggest, to make sure we can manage without it in case we're forced to at some point in the future.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2011, 01:20:31 pm »

I see several actions that could have consequences you really don't want. It's hard for me not to point them out. I want to offer advice, damnit.

And Armok, how much Essence do you want to put aside? A hundred or so?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2011, 01:21:22 pm »

Well I still suggest that we create the Forest Sprites sometime also ignore my action.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2011, 01:44:28 pm »

I know of the "consequences you really don't want" and want them. This is a subtle xantos gambit.

And the point wasn't to save up a specific amount of essence, it was going a specific amount of time without needing essence at all.

What good would Forest Sprites serve us?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2011, 01:47:58 pm »

Forest Sprites would help the Nadani Aspect, atleast.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2011, 01:50:47 pm »

Forest Sprites would help the Nadani Aspect, atleast.
Yep plus it would create a new race,a nd they would of course worship us as well as be our servants.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2011, 02:04:10 pm »

Tame the bear, make it the guardian animal of the two skulls tribe.  Re-unite the red path tribe, then unite all the tribes, with our prophet as their leader.  Scout and make any other tribes join you through gifts of food and displays of light (somewhat like fireworks).  If they resist, then awe them with your army and superior technology.  If even that does not work, crush them like fleas.  Beyond that, follow armok's suggestions. 
edit: also teach them how to mine so we can produce at least copper without divine help.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11