Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Essenceborn - A God Game - Turn 7  (Read 23846 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Essenceborn - A God Game - Turn 5
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2011, 04:06:48 pm »

Shouldn't it be a % bonus in that case?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2011, 05:30:42 pm »

Hmmm... Well I don't know how many Dust Wolves there are or how many they are in the other two opposing tribes, but perhaps we speak to the elders of the tribes who want to kill the Dust Wolves. Just tell them that being dragged around by emotion can get you killed. Suggest instead that the Dust Wolves be punished... by being turned into literal dust wolves that are tamed. This way we solve the problem and get a little pack of wolves to help in battle and hunting. If it dosen't work out, don't push them. Be polite and friendly with them but also show that if we wanted to, we could kill them all in an instant.

We should perhaps also leave our worshipers for a while. It ruins their growth to have a goddess answer their call. We should look for another tribe or something even for advanced...Would worship from more educated people mean more DE?

Finally gift the Forest Sprite with a mark. A symbol of Nadani's power. This should make them feel better.

EDIT: changed my suggestion
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:42:55 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2011, 05:57:31 pm »

I say we go for some harder to convert people in a city or something, where all the essence we get will actually be of use and yield suitably more useful subjects.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2011, 06:53:29 pm »

I suggest a city down on its luck... I bet when a goddess comes out of nowhere and saves them from oblivion they'll instantly bow down and sing songs of praise...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2011, 07:00:42 am »

good idea
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2011, 11:18:08 am »

Declare that our Aspect is our Servant.

You really think that encouraging the idea that the aspect is a separate being is going to avoid the Forest Spirits splitting her off into a rival deity?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2011, 11:20:46 am »

TOO LATE TO CHANGE

Besides, she won't become a threat to you in any case. She'll be friendly, and only gaining Essence from the Sprites/Red Paths.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2011, 02:59:53 pm »

Suggestion: STOP doing so. much. things.

for the forest sprites, tell them that there is some misunderstanding. By "managing" the forest, you mean acting as a counterpart of humans. Humans are different than animals in the amount of change they can apply to nature in a really short time. Their role is to prevent human-made too quick changes, such as massive deforestation, abusive hunting, and so on. As long as humans respect the equilibrium, they are ok. revering us (normally) imply this, but if some foreigners respect nature without worshipping us, they're ok too. (but in this case try to make them worship us, peacefully.)
PS: make them able to reproduce. slowly. And rather than dieing by old age, they slowly turn into great trees.

For the tribes: Dust wolves are mocking us (you said that, no?). They think they are strong enough to survive by themselves, rather than unite with others to be stronger? Fine, let them try. they are free to go. if they attack you, you are free to take care of them. We will not help.

I'm too late to talk about the hunter that killed his son, but i had wished to say the tribe that "fittest" don't necesserily mean "stronger". Intelligence is important as well. More, natural selection is not a litteral fight. predators rarely confront each other. They rather evolve to be better than their concurrents. So destroy an ennemy is last resort. Prefer evolve to surpass them in any point, until they disappear (by starving, moving or joining you).
He is banished, no need to punish him more.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2011, 03:19:36 pm »

Everything kaian said!
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2011, 03:26:06 pm »

I'm too late to talk about the hunter that killed his son, but i had wished to say the tribe that "fittest" don't necesserily mean "stronger". Intelligence is important as well. More, natural selection is not a litteral fight. predators rarely confront each other. They rather evolve to be better than their concurrents. So destroy an ennemy is last resort. Prefer evolve to surpass them in any point, until they disappear (by starving, moving or joining you).
He is banished, no need to punish him more.

This has been said many times by many different people, and repeating it again to Arahe would make him flip the fuck out. Though do go on with it by all means. :P

The Forest Sprites can already reproduce, but turns are only weeks or so. Don't expect anything to happen anytime soon. The tree-part I can do.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2011, 08:33:33 am »

This has been said many times by many different people, and repeating it again to Arahe would make him flip the fuck out. Though do go on with it by all means. :P

I'm not saying to actually tell him this. I know constantly repeat it piss Arahe out, so...
I just said, if i were there at the time the incident happen, i would have told them this.

The Forest Sprites can already reproduce, but turns are only weeks or so. Don't expect anything to happen anytime soon. The tree-part I can do.

OK. i was not sure they could. I rarely consider forest spirits reproducing ability, so...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2011, 08:19:36 am »

Spoiler: Suggestions (click to show/hide)

UltraValican:

Nuul heads to the wilderness of the mountains. There are few paths snaking through them, none of them human-made. There are narrow passes and slippery rocks. Food - and life at all - is scarce. She finds Aramnu here, taking slow, weary steps on a dead riverbed, struggling against winds that seem almost actively malevolent. A hunting bird cries somewhere far above him on the mountainside, the sound barely audible through the storm. Black clouds are on the way, promising rain to accompany the shrieking winds.

The goddess manifests in her usual form some way up the steep path, allowing Aramnu some time to spot her. If the hunter is surprised to see her, he shows nothing. He stops, leaning on a dark wooden staff and narrowing his eyes against the dust thrown up by the wind. Nuul begins her approach, tendrils of energy slowly enveloping Aramnu. Fear flickers in his eyes, then is gone.

'You doubted me, hunter. I must show what happens to those who abandon me.' she whispers, and pulls the hooks she's set into him.

The hunter lets out a long scream of sheer agony, falling over, his body twisting and rolling down the riverbed, the jagged rocks digging deep inside his legs and stomach. He stops only at the end of the path, and Nuul moves over him. Aramnu whimpers, holding his head in his hands. The face hidden by them is no longer recognizable as human.

'I sentence you to true exile. You will be forced to walk the earth, unwelcome by all, unable to quench your thirst or hunger, unable to ever die. No weapon, beast's claw or stone will be enough to end your life. This is the Mark of Doubt.'

With that, she is gone. Aramnu runs, howling, stripping away his clothes and throwing down his staff and weapons. His screams of pain echo throughout the mountains, scaring away what few travellers staying by them.

BunnyBob/hachnslay:

Nuul wanders away, feeling significantly drained by what she's already regarding as a horrible waste of her Essence. She is too tired to manifest directly at the Fire Stone camp, speaking to Arahe through their connection. She whispers the secrets of the earth and the means to exploit it. Arahe dismisses her suggestion of invading the Dust Wolves immediately, thinking he doesn't need her help in dealing with them. The goddess is too tired to argue.

She speaks through Arahe to the tribesmen, telling them to put their new knowledge of mining to use and build huts of stone, and to keep repeating her teachings to their children. She then tells Arahe more about the Forest Sprites and the Red Path, thinking something up to explain the difference between her as Nadani and her as Nuul. Idle words. She doesn't expect them to have much of an effect.

As soon as Arahe's mind process the words, however, Nuul feels something being violently ripped away from her. She feels weaker than anything before, but notices a new presence in the back of her head. Nadani stirs, young and confused. Nuul acts, repressing her and pushing her back inside her mind. It seems to work, and she thinks this was it.

Her vision follows Arahe to the Gritari folk. She sees canoes and other similar boats clustered around a village built ontop a shallow crossing in the river. These people seem more advanced than her followers. Their clothes are more refined, fur and leather. Pots and baskets woven together or crafted from wood surround the houses and are carried in their narrow boats. She sees several types of domesticated animals. Her Prophet and his bodyguards are guided inside the village chief's hut. They begin introductions, their different dialects causing some problems at first. Nuul's vision returns to her body and she moves on. She has no power left to inflict any kind of misfortune on the Dead Suns or the Clay Tribe, and thus decides to try her second approach.

She travels before them, first the Dead Suns elders, then the Clay Tribe ones. She speaks the same words, repeats the same message to both of them. Their spirits cannot help them, but she can. If they join the ranks of her followers, she will deal with the Dust Wolves for them. Before she can see how well this works, however, Nuul feels a pain in her mind and is pulled away, thrown across the land to the forest of the Sprites.

UltraValican/micelus/kaian-a-coel:

Nuul falls into the midst of the Forest Sprites, who stare at her with looks of astonishment and shock. She doesn't understand why at first, but then she sees something in the air above her. First identical to her, the being soon becomes a smaller, brighter copy of her, like a star, then becomes more solid, more real. Nadani floats down to her followers, manifesting as something not far from the forms of the Sprites themselves. Her skin is similar, like the bark of a tree and hundreds of interconnected leaves and vines. She moves like in water, her hair hanging and spreading behind her head, held up by invisible hands.

'I am Nadani.' she says, somewhat hesitantly. 'This is Nuul Wise, our mistress and great teacher. I see your confusion, and ask for your forgiviness. But the time for that is over. I am here now. I will protect and guide you as long as you live.'

'She only meant well when she spoke to you. Nuul wishes you to better the forest for all of its inhabitants, and work to stop the influence of human changes to it. You were not ready for these words. Perhaps with my help, you can some day be. But for now, let me gift you with my mark.'

Nadani weaves into existance a flower, though one Nuul has never seen before. She closes her eyes and smiles. The flower disappears in a explosion of sparks, which slowly hover onto the Forest Sprites. Immediately, symbols of the flower appear on their skin, looking like simple tattoos.

'Speak with my human followers. They are still ignorant of the true path, but wish to learn. Speak with them and enlighten them. Kill only those who refuse to respect the balance.'

Nadani turns to Nuul, watching her with clear respect and affection. The older goddess is unsure of what to do.

Water Runner Tribe:

The continued lack of contact with their goddess is taking the toll on the few remaining Water Runners. Three more die or abandon the faith.
---
Turn 6 Events

Nuul gives Aramnu the Mark of Doubt, disfiguring his face and forcing him to walk the earth forever, unable to quench his thirst or hunger or to die - 1150 Divine Essence Lost.

The Nuul Vengeful Aspect is born

Nuul speaks through Arahe to the Fire Stones about masonry, teaching and her relation to Nadani

Nadani the Goddess is born

Nuul speaks to the elders of the Clay and Dead Sun Tribes - 24 Followers Gained.

Nadani marks the Forest Sprites with her symbol and tells them to teach her human worshippers - Nadani: 10 Divine Essence Lost. 13 Followers Gained.

Nadani makes the Forest Sprites become great trees when they die - Nadani: 80 Divine Essence Lost.

More of the Water Runners die or lose faith - 3 Followers Lost.

---
Godly Power
Divine Essence Gained - 965¤
Divine Essence Lost - 1150¤

Remaining Divine Essence - 0¤ (+1120¤ next turn)

The Faithful
Spoiler: Prophets (click to show/hide)
Followers - 8 (Forest Sprites), 2 (Water Runner Tribe), 119 (Fire Stone Tribe), 26 (Red Path Tribe), 15 (Clay Tribe), 14 (Dead Sun Tribe)

Spoiler: Current Situation (click to show/hide)

The Religion
Spoiler: Nuul the Wise (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minor Aspects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Traditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

---

Nadani did your last commands because those thoughts were transferred over from your mind when she was 'born', but won't necessarily follow your orders in the future. There's a danger of her interpreting the orders however she wishes, atleast.

The Gritari meeting hasn't ended yet, so you might wanna check what's going on there now. Heheh.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:21:39 am by Digital Hellhound »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Essenceborn - A God Game - Turn 6
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2011, 08:50:35 am »

i think the Cain-like act was an AWFUL WASTE, as well as creating an unnecessary and dangerous minor aspect. i strongly disapprove it.
Also, maybe let the players choose wich aspect they wish to follow as they part. If someone's action lead to the creation of another god, let him command the main god again may lead to ANOTHER similar aspect birth.
Full Sig

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2011, 08:54:03 am »

You know, for all the talk about superhuman intelligence in the first post we're acting kinda idiotic.

> This will not do, your very nature means your mind is constantly in flux, you need to make a physical backup. That would also help with communication. I suggest some kind of crystal buried deep underground.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2011, 08:59:55 am »

You know, for all the talk about superhuman intelligence in the first post we're acting kinda idiotic.

> This will not do, your very nature means your mind is constantly in flux, you need to make a physical backup. That would also help with communication. I suggest some kind of crystal buried deep underground.

Err, what? What do you want to do? A backup of your mind?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11