Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Essenceborn - A God Game - Turn 7  (Read 23845 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Essenceborn - A God Game - Turn 6
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2011, 09:01:14 am »

eerrr... i dont see the point, but i'm open. explain me please.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2011, 09:24:21 am »

Yes. If we keep our mind in a predictable, physical medium we can just delete stray aspects before they have the time to go anywhere, and put down constraints that keep us from wasting essence on stupid things and so on.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2011, 09:29:04 am »

you mean turn us in something like a computer? with saves to prevent aspects' birth to independance and some things that forbid us to spend more than xxx essence per xxx? mmm...
ooc you just want to have a mean to restrain the others players...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2011, 09:31:33 am »

No, you can't. I won't allow it, because it would go against the spirit of the game. The Aspect system would be pointless if you could just get rid of what you don't like and stop everyone else from playing.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2011, 09:37:25 am »

Well, it was just a suggestion like any other, but yes that was what I meant.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2011, 04:16:57 pm »

When we have enough essence, give the water runners the blessing of Nadani(forest sprites).

If people disagree or impossible, then find city down with luck, do a few miracles, profit.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:22:14 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2011, 01:55:54 am »

Miracles are for gods not clever enough to do without them.
Bernard Werber.
I'm opposed to any useless miracles. I'm satisfied with talking to peoples' mind. not even need to appear in person.

Do not interact with water runners. its too late. Trying to get them now could only bring argue, anger, and problems.
Do not try random miracles in random city. Nomads are our best chance to gain followers (unless you want to create another aspect...)
And, if it cost <100-200 ¤, undo "Cain" and kill him without anyone (even he) notice. did you seriously think about what a pain an immortal man, bearing unspeakable grudges against us, could be in the future? What about, in a few centuries, we see him bursting in a counsil, telling some troublesome facts about us to our followers?
Full Sig

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2011, 03:06:52 am »

well i posted that when i was sleepy anyway. ignore my suggestion.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2011, 03:20:01 am »

Also Digital I forgot another bit about Hikari he is basically the god of death, and if someone intervenes with it (Prolongs someones life, or kills someone prematurely) He immediately goes to the site, and confronts the person who did, so.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2011, 03:25:04 am »

Also Digital I forgot another bit about Hikari he is basically the god of death, and if someone intervenes with it (Prolongs someones life, or kills someone prematurely) He immediately goes to the site, and confronts the person who did, so.

He's a similar being to Nuul, and wouldn't even know of death (or immortality-curses) beyond his own followers. I'll interpret this as confronting anyone who kills his followers.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2011, 03:28:11 am »

He's a similar being to Nuul, and wouldn't even know of death (or immortality-curses) beyond his own followers. I'll interpret this as confronting anyone who kills his followers.
Yep he doesn't like people fiddling with death, and he won't mess with it himslef without good reason (That, ro if the person is damned since he is the ruler of the Underworld (Self-Proclaimed)) Just saying this since it will help with enocunters, and how he acts during those encounters.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2011, 06:37:50 am »

I think Im in a better state of mind now to suggest.

Just regain essence and when thats done, and I mean a lot of essence, Create an avatar. This avatar would be our corporal form and it would allow us to walk and live as a mortal would, without the added strain of being drained of essence. It does not necessarily have to look like us. Make it clear to our prophet that the avatar is not a god, not a spirit, not a man, not even a beast; simply our mouthpiece. Use this tool to speak with mortals.

Speak again with the elders of the Dead Sun and Clay tribes. Ask them what their spirits would or would not do. Finally, confront the spirits, call their names, tell them to stand up for their people. If the spirits do not come, then clearly the tribes should look upon Nuul for guidance. If they do however come, we should be able to crush the spirits and gain a few slave entities. We are a god after all.

EDIT:

Forgot about Nadani. Welcome Nadani into sentience. treat her like a first daughter, a power as great as Nuul and yet much lower than. Charge her with the watchings of the forests of the world and tell her to strive for balance and moderation.

And about our abusive aspect, NEVER EVER EVER EVER USE IT AGAIN!!! It is against our persona and against logic. It was enough that the man was forced to leave his home and now he must strive forever around the world as a mark of a vengeful goddess. I have an idea: after some time, locate the hunter again and offer him service as a close servant of Nuul, if he accepts, Take away all his pains, give back his abilities, and make him into a hermit of our faith. This might just reverse the actions of our vengeful aspect
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:44:33 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2011, 07:02:52 am »

Just regain essence and when thats done, and I mean a lot of essence, Create an avatar. This avatar would be our corporal form and it would allow us to walk and live as a mortal would, without the added strain of being drained of essence. It does not necessarily have to look like us. Make it clear to our prophet that the avatar is not a god, not a spirit, not a man, not even a beast; simply our mouthpiece. Use this tool to speak with mortals.

I say NO. NO AVATAR! because a god need to be invisible, nowhere and everywhere, to be truly a god. if we have an avatar, people far from him might think they're out of range. NO DURABLE PHYSICAL MANIFESTATION. If it is unable to do anything if we're not there, followers might lose faith. if he can, we take the risk to have a rival.

Speak again with the elders of the Dead Sun and Clay tribes. Ask them what their spirits would or would not do. Finally, confront the spirits, call their names, tell them to stand up for their people. If the spirits do not come, then clearly the tribes should look upon Nuul for guidance. If they do however come, we should be able to crush the spirits and gain a few slave entities. We are a god after all.
This, however, is a good idea. If spirits don't manifest, their followers will lose faith in them and join us. if they do, we can discuss upon an alliance or crush them. I prefer the alliance though.

And about our abusive aspect, NEVER EVER EVER EVER USE IT AGAIN!!! It is against our persona and against logic. It was enough that the man was forced to leave his home and now he must strive forever around the world as a mark of a vengeful goddess. I have an idea: after some time, locate the hunter again and offer him service as a close servant of Nuul, if he accepts, Take away all his pains, give back his abilities, and make him into a hermit of our faith. This might just reverse the actions of our vengeful aspect

Yeah, no more punishments this hard. exile is enough. no need to made it eternal. However, i will prefer to remove these pains and kill him painlessly, without being noticed. He surely will refuse any service.
Full Sig

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2011, 07:25:40 am »

By whatever means, just undo that act of reckless stupidity, and constrain your own behaviour so that it can't happen again.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2011, 07:45:45 am »

I suggest a few rules that players should follow:
1) never, never, NEVER turn a mortal into an immortal.
2) each time you think about an act, wonder:
a) if it is really needed
b) how many ¤ will it cost (100-200? 500-600? 1000+?)
c) what middle and long-term effect it could have.
3) do not spend more 500 in an act that other people do not support
4) try not to lead to another aspect's creation.

note that i do not have the power do make players follow it, so please think about it.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11