Poll

My Little Arachnid?

Good Idea
- 66 (80.5%)
Bad Idea
- 16 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fellow modders... This My Little Arachnid Mod... might actually happen...  (Read 10246 times)

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Yes. You read that right. Discouragement.

A Friend of mine having listened to my work on my 'Real Spiders of Flavor' mini-mod thinks I should not only release it as a mini-mod, but I should ALSO make 'My Little Arachnid'. Perhaps I could even toss in my unicorpions and caste the ever living out of them too.

See this could spiral right into the abyss of insanity. Thus I require discouragement. Else before I know it... I'll have flying ones. Who needs that?

For those who simply want to 'yay' or 'nay'. I think I'll slap a poll on this.

Edit: Like the One Ring... it wants to be made...
Edit Edit: Download Link
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:03:37 pm by Eldrick Tobin »
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Fellow modders... I need DIScouragement...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 03:22:26 pm »

There is no such thing as a bad idea, just ideas that wind up killing dwarves at rates that would give OSHA a heart attack.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:18:07 am »

See this could spiral right into the abyss of insanity.

Sold. Who are we to discourage abysses of insanity?

On a slightly mroe serious note, do what you think would be fun to do for yourself. Once done with that it wont cost much to throw the result on the forums and see what happens.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Befenismor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 10:04:32 am »

Woah, dude.
Roll one up bro!
1024: You brag about your golden goblin ejaculator.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 10:19:55 am »

I discourage you about making topics like this. Make the incredibly twisted insane counterpart of the ponies.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 11:11:17 am »

Looking forward to the new unicorpions. I have a really, really bad incarnation of the unicorpion in my mod's next update.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 11:24:23 am »

make it scorpion from mortal kombat with a horn.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 11:41:38 am »

Really interesting how the ratio is maintaining every time I look. 25% say no, and the rest say yes.

Doesn't help that yes I have been thinking about this. Do I simply come up with a 'base spider' and then work from there? Do I just cram all the 'real spiders of flavor' into a single critter casted to high heaven? Mini Mod, Major Mod or do I attempt a Total Conversion? Standard Monarchy and positions or do I use Religion 2.0 and have a tiny amount of positions? Is it possible to do something fun like have a Giant Adamantine/Slade/Lhigatine Spider as the Highest Position -and maybe enforce Giants as Nobles only. Do I have the giants? Heck what size should they be on average?

Current rambles and testing of the real spiders of flavor

I haven't packaged them just yet... some currently use S.L.A.D.E. materials, some my own... and I'm still debating zapping the non-vanilla chitins out the window for the minimod version.

So I see glee about more unicorpions, glad they're so well liked for a response to a raw travesty.

Rummy, they're already built. ---=-> Unicorpions
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...

Alluvian_Est-Endrati

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGRAVERY:MISGUIDED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 03:54:42 pm »

Can never have enough spiders.

"I’m going to keep bloody gambling! Bloody, bloody gambling and drinking! Where’s my bloody drink? Anyone want to gamble for it?”

Send in the Clowns: &.&

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 04:47:19 pm »

... Well at least this has made me bundle up the MiniMod that's caused all this oddness: Real Spiders of Flavor
--
Eldrick Tobin

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 05:42:29 pm »

Spoiler: My Little Arachnid? (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 07:01:57 pm »

Awesome, Spirit of Power sighed me! I'm up to 4!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 12:16:25 pm »

Well here's to hoping you don't get trolled by OSHA.

As for the MLA Twilight Sparkle, yes part of my brain was headed in that direction. However unlike our 2 eyed Giant Cave Spiders, MLAs have 8 eyes. This is not an image request. Already have weird images in my head of a lil' pink spider looking up at the equivalent of a Sonic Rainboom, and giving up on farming rocks in favor of parties.

Also not an image request o.O;;
--
Eldrick Tobin

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 12:44:57 pm »

Neither could I provide you anyways :P. Just got my new Wacom graphic tablet so it'll be some time before I'll be able to make "art" again.
These thing are hard to use, goddamnit!

Maybe later ...

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 01:31:03 pm »

Neither could I provide you anyways :P. Just got my new Wacom graphic tablet so it'll be some time before I'll be able to make "art" again.
These thing are hard to use, goddamnit!

Maybe later ...

And here I thought I'd love one some day, but in similar 'takes some getting used to' my brain doesn't map well to DDR style controllers.

As for "not an art request!" my brain meme hacked itself and the first items it came up with... scary @.@

so I flooded it with hunting for mla or ml spider searches. Oddly enough basically zip save for a pokemon: Aridos. and that only popped up because someone called it "my little spider-buddy"

Tangentally my roommate was looking at something on... kotaku? fox? either way... all kinds of 'ugly creatures' of earth like the coconut crab... and then he clicked over onto THE YETI CRAB.

All I could thinks was "Man if that had a Horn and a Stinger tail..." well and more fur... but it was so close to a Unicorpion.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Pages: [1] 2