Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A Lone Outpost-DF Community Game -CLOSED LOOK FOR OTHER THREAD-  (Read 8622 times)

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
Re: A Lone Outpost-DF Community Game -CHOOSE YOUR DWARF!-
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 05:41:29 am »

I'll take Rigoth with 3 in Woodcutting and 2 in shield 2 in Axe and 3 in shielduser, rename him as Horrid and make him the Militia Commander.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 08:08:35 am »

I'm taking Rigoth Ringknots, a hunter. Give him a few points in ambusher skill
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 08:26:58 am »

I'll take Ingish, can you call her Carp? Or are we not naming dwarves? Anyways, give her 5 in mining and 5 in building designer. Profession name: "Foreman".
(You can make her a mason too but wouldn't that be kind of inefficient?)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 11:36:08 am »

Gah, guys I am deeply sorry but the power went out around here and we lost all the dwarves, would you like me to just go with what skills and names we have or post up an entire new dwarfset?

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 12:08:28 pm »

I'm fine with just going with the skills and names but I don't mind the new dwarfset in case I see a dwarf I want.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Basque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 12:40:35 pm »

I'd like to see the new dwarfs so I could pick specifically, but I don't want to slow things down and the screenshots are more work for you so you should just go ahead if you're re-embarking and ready to start.

Basque is fine for a first name, sorry I didn't point that out earlier. Having never done this before I don't know if mentioning the embark stuff was the right thing to do or not, but no need to bring chickens if my new dwarf doesn't like them (unless you were planning on going into egg production anyway, but from a neutral perspective turkeys are probably the better choice for that).

Otherwise your Farmer/Brewer recommends setting out with every seed (except for maybe dimple cups) and a different plot to grow each of them when able, and plump helmets when unable.

I hope you manage to get started soon. Good luck! ^^

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 12:51:33 pm »

Posting the new dwarf would be nice, if it's not too much trouble for you. I was waiting for the migrants wave to be dorfed because there wasn't a dwarf that liked a good weapon (basically anything but mace), since I want a weaponsmith I want him/her to be able to get nice nice artifact out of a mood if it happens.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 01:04:40 pm »

Alright, two spots left, just list what name and skill you want for him, 10 skillpoint max then we can get started.

Im afraid I wont be able to do the other dwarf screenshots because that was a large trouble to do.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 01:07:45 pm »

Alright then, I'd like a dwarf. Cheveux, everything in weaponsmith and any remaining points in armorsmith. I you could check if any of the two likes a weapon, I'll take him/her.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 01:41:06 pm »

Some dwarfing requests couldnt be done, remaining dwarfs and skills on main post ready to be taken, just tell me if you want  them ,and he is yours.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 01:48:19 pm »

I'll take Urvad.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 01:51:51 pm »

And so the journey begins...

And such, is the poor position our wagon decided to stop at.

Conuis Linkotolon Log 1st Granite 181
It's a pity our wagon decided to stop on this mountian peak over the volcano, we would have fared better on flat land, but by Armok's beard! That volcano is full to the brim with magma! We should be able to create a channel of lava that leads towards our forges to process ores into bars with no need for charcoal at all! As the entire party saw the volcano, they too, were just as amazed as I was, Barque nearly fell in because he was amazed by this volcano, to all of us, it was better than gold, and we intended to protect it. Later on today as we were cutting down wood, I asked our foreman Carp to design a enterance into a mountian, a room for a large farm, a trade depot, and a stairwell, its looking pretty fine as of now. We should be able to get the miners, Carp and Fenix to get to work digging through the mountian to carve our home. These are Carp's plans as of now

-more screenshots and stories incoming-
How do you guys like this so far? Ill continue soon.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:02:32 pm by Carcanken »

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 02:05:34 pm »

Pretty nice, I wonder what's the fauna's like on the embark.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 02:09:25 pm »

Pretty nice, I wonder what's the fauna's like on the embark.
Badgers and fish pretty much, will update the post where the adventure has started with updates soon.

edit: ive had some issues, expect the new logs in tomorrow
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:28:36 pm by Carcanken »

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
Re: A Lone Outpost-DF Community Game -2 dwarfs left, game started!-
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 02:57:28 pm »

I like it so far! How close is the fort to the volcano?
Pages: 1 [2] 3