Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inscryption—Slay the Spire meets Her Story meets creepy escape room  (Read 986 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone checked out Inscryption yet?  From the team behind Hotline Miami and Sam and Max, it is a creepy (but more funny than actually scary) indescribable genre mixture—mostly Slay the Spire but with a lot of original ideas and then changes gears into “Her story” and then changes gears into *spoilers*

Come for the deckbuilding but stay for the puzzles, which apparently get really meta, and go outside the game (the discord is finding some wild stuff—which also fits the game plot)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inscryption—Slay the Spire meets Her Story meets creepy escape room
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 03:02:15 pm »

Yes. I'd love to discuss it more, but (this is a good thing) nobody wants to accidentally spoil anything. Lots of cool hidden stuff in the game.

Spoilers, but I'm trying to be vague:
Act 1 end stuff:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Me currently:

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 08:58:24 pm »

Really cool game, finished it the other day. While not really challenging it has a ton of surprises, so i really cant say anymore.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 09:04:58 pm »

Third boss's music is pretty wild. Might be the first time I've encountered a game that straight up used the sounds of skinning something as part of its OST.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 06:40:31 pm »

Spoiler: spoilers thru ch. 3 (click to show/hide)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 12:31:48 pm »

Agreed, Vector. Although putting batteries on a few of your creatures helps. +1 energy that turn, and it increases the amount you get from then on.