Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49

Author Topic: The Binding of Isaac: Repentence. "NO STOP, HE'S ALREADY DEAD!"  (Read 126864 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb. You think you're done? Ha. No.
« Reply #375 on: July 25, 2012, 05:14:49 am »

Aaaaaand there we go! I finally got Platinum God after 143 hours, 348 deaths and 118 mom kills. BOOOYAH! I do feel a bit empty now though, I've now done everything that is possible in what probably has become my favorite game. Except found Conquest, but hunting for him wasn't needed and it really isn't that much fun anyway.

Apparently one of the patches had bugged my game a bit and my first kill of the final final final final boss with ?? hadn't registered, so with the Ankh I just got the last secret I was missing.

Now I just need to resist the urge to reset my save.

Secrets unlocked 98/97.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:17:28 am by LASD »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 07, 2012, 05:37:40 pm »

Beat the game with Eve. Sacred Heart + Polyphemus is pretty much a guaranteed win; the meat boy and three familiars helped, as well as the Book of Revelations + Habit + 9 Volt.

You're supposed to unlock Eve's Bird Foot with this, due to a bug it's supposed to be Judas's Tongue (and I got that achievement), and the game said I got ???'s Soul. I have to beat it with them all anyway, I suppose.

EDIT: Total playtime: 210 hours.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 07, 2012, 11:42:52 pm »

Book of Revelations + Habit + 9 Volt.

That alone should win the game even if you have 1 speed and 1 attack.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 21, 2012, 02:31:15 am »

Ooow.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 23, 2012, 06:48:41 pm »

I had Polyphemus and Technology, with The Book of Revelations and the Dead Cat as ???. Easy win, nothing can stop me. Except the Meat Boy. Never go for the Meat Boy. It was a room with 2 Gurdy Jr.s that finally killed me, but the Meat Boy will make things very, very hard on the final two bosses.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 30, 2012, 02:04:36 pm »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/30/rebound-binding-of-isaac-being-completely-remade/#more-122110

*ahem*

HOLY FUCK.

I'm just going to quote the article directly instead of trying to paraphrase.

In short, have you ever noticed how Binding of Isaac occasionally chugs even on machines powered by blazing tech and unholy sacrifices to Shan’thulex, bloodlord of the night (and a small chain of mom ‘n’ pop PC hardware stores)? Well, that’s because it runs on Flash, and McMillen thinks it’s high-time that changed. That, however, is only the beginning of this remake.

“The whole game will be remade and rebalanced,” McMillen wrote on Formspring. “The remake will be more than just an expansion, it will be a new game with all new graphics, music, etc. It will also feature an expansion sized pack of all new content, bosses, characters enemies, items, etc. And yes, in about a year, if/when it comes out, the Flash version of the game will appear obsolete for sure… The goal is to also keep the cost of the remake as close to Isaac+wrath as possible as well.”

He added, however, that he’s hoping to discount the remake for previous owners of Binding of Isaac and Wrath of the Lamb on PC, but – given that he’s working with a (still unnamed) publisher this time around – it’s not entirely his call.

”I will handle all aspects of design, character, items, story levels bosses, but another team will be doing art/animation for these new things,” he explained.

I KNEW IT. I knew he couldn't just walk away from BoI! It's too good, too original, too solid, too successful, too much fucking fun to simply stop working on it.

My only reservation is that the music and visual aesthetic of the game is a direct result of its limitations, and in a way those things are now etched into my perception of the game. I trust with creative oversight that McMillen will put out something I'll like....I just hope something isn't lost in the translation to professionalism.

The nightmare will never end!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:12:09 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: The Binding of Isaac: The Remaking of Isaac. The nightmare is endless!!!
« Reply #382 on: August 30, 2012, 02:52:16 pm »

I just have to say that's pretty sweet. I'm not sure if I could really invest in a Binding of Isaac: Revamped Edition however. After almost getting platinum god (I'm one character away and I cbf) I'm pretty burnt out from the game. I guess we'll have to see just how different it is to determine if it's worth an investment of both money and time.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 30, 2012, 03:56:14 pm »

Maybe they'll rebalance the cheap, cheating, rage-inducing enemies too. Haha, just kidding. Nice to see they realized a game based in Flash sucks, but I hope they don't change the visuals and mechanic feel too much, like nenjin said.

I'm pretty burnt out from the game.
243 hours and counting. I hate this game so much.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 30, 2012, 04:46:54 pm »

I hope it adds controller support.  Lack there-of made me put the game in my "terrible" list.   :P  I managed to play 2 rounds before my hands started aching.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 30, 2012, 04:48:35 pm »

This game is quite, quite fun.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 30, 2012, 04:53:24 pm »

I hope it adds controller support.  Lack there-of made me put the game in my "terrible" list.   :P  I managed to play 2 rounds before my hands started aching.
Isn't there already controller support? My friend plays it with his gamepad.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 30, 2012, 04:55:57 pm »

I've never played without a gamepad.  Use joy2key.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 30, 2012, 06:11:59 pm »

Use joy2key.
It actually says this in-game (under 'Controls' options).

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 30, 2012, 06:14:25 pm »

I don't really want to hassle with 3rd party programs to get a game working right though.  Not when I've got a bunch of other games in my queue that don't require a hassle.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49