Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49

Author Topic: The Binding of Isaac: Repentence. "NO STOP, HE'S ALREADY DEAD!"  (Read 126856 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Also I love the new shop and game over screen music (and the boss one for that matter).
I need the OST right now.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

*sigh* Want. Guess I know what I'm playing tonight.

Couldn't really hear the music, which so far I've been kinda "eh" on. I wasn't in love with BoI music when I first heard it, but it grew on me after 80 or so hours. Maybe this will do the same.

New shop looks neat. I like the generally darker look of everything. And moving spike blocks on the first level? Hope that's a challenge feature, otherwise....whadda dick.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

The one thing I dislike are the... tapeworm thingies shoot animation. They don't really do anything substantial, just open their mouth a little more.

I'm gonna guess that they're WIP...
Plus it's not like they'd be able to do much, really.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

This triple post I'm pulling off is ever so slightly disappointing but oh well.
BRIMSTONE AND TAMMY'S HEAD, BOYS!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha, that's brilliant.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Tammy's Head seems like a much more fun item in this version.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In some non-Rebirth news...

I finally beat Sheol with Judas. Only took about 30 or 40 run. Only really got it because a) I got insanely lucky on health drops, had almost 12 hearts. b) I got a blessed run after a series of just total bullshit. Halo right out of the gate helped, D6 to smooth over those stupid drops, Steven, speed pills basically a fully-rounded character, for once. And c) I got a Sun card drop the level before Sheol. Wouldn't have beaten it without that, I think.

But otherwise, it's the most horrible experience I've had in this game. Now I just need to go see the man upstairs with him :X
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:30:14 am by nenjin »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. A light appears in the basement? Game not out.
« Reply #444 on: September 03, 2014, 08:06:14 pm »

I shouldn't be this hyped for a release trailer and/or preorder.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. A light appears in the basement? Game not out.
« Reply #445 on: September 04, 2014, 02:53:41 pm »

Worst part is that if the trailer happens at midnight PST like they have up until now it means that it will be 9AM here when the trailer hits.
I'm at school at that time.

* DarkDXZ flips his table

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 05, 2014, 09:04:31 am »

So the trailer was leaked early, but the video was made private again until the Store page goes live. If you really cannot wait until that happens in 3 hours though, here's a mirror at GameKult.

The video itself was weird, but the gameplay parts were simply great and I cannot wait until the game comes out (at 4th of November!).
Here's the storepage link. It redirects you to the homepage right now but it was predicted to be the link some time ago and it appeared in the video's description before it went private as well, so it must very well be it.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 05, 2014, 09:08:40 am »

wtf!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Nekkid Trailer. Game is out Nov. 4.
« Reply #448 on: September 05, 2014, 10:57:41 am »

Of all the things I expected, tits was not one of them. Sometimes I think those guys may have really gone off the deep end.

I'd like to use this trailer to get people hyped but uh...it is just simply too fucking weird for that. I spent more time wondering who they convinced to dance around in their tattoos and birthday suits than I did paying attention to gameplay.

Anyways, a release date. Woo.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 11:01:12 am by nenjin »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Nekkid Trailer. Game is out Nov. 4.
« Reply #449 on: September 05, 2014, 11:14:29 am »

*sigh* That kinda shit makes me want to punch people or drop-kick babies. It looks like some pretentious hipster douchenozzle was put in charge and cared more about "his art" than actually promoting the advertised product. If I didn't know what it was about, I'd have fuckall idea what it was actually about.

That's a really, really bad thing to happen in an ad.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49