Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]

Author Topic: The Binding of Isaac: Repentence. "NO STOP, HE'S ALREADY DEAD!"  (Read 126867 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +. YE GODS MAN ANOTHER EXPANSION!
« Reply #720 on: January 05, 2017, 06:28:41 pm »

There's a decent chance you downloaded all the stuff for the DLC. You simply can't unlock it until you pay for. That's the de jure way devs like to handle expansions now. Just download everything into your install whether you've paid for it or not.

Don't really mind when it's a couple hundred megs, but I get a little annoyed with developers when I download 8 to 10 gigs of shit for a DLC I never plan on buying.

Du juor, not de jure; "of the day" vs "by law". Anyway, no, I don't think that's what's going on, since the modding tools are sort of all separate executables and html docs that would be difficult to lock.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 05, 2017, 06:34:43 pm »

Sacre bleu!

Also I was not referring to the modding tools. Any new sfx, textures, items, menu options etc...can all be locked.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 06:38:30 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 06, 2017, 06:16:13 am »

My first run successful run on the last boss was pretty entertaining. I started as Apollyon and was really struggling with the hard mode in the early levels. Until an enemy accidentally revealed a secret room with Forget-Me-Now. So I sucked that into The Void and kept repeating Caves 1 for about half an hour becoming stronger and stronger. Though this meant I already missed my window for Hush, which I also wanted to beat. So, when I encountered a Mama Mega! in the shop, I gave up The Void, because Mama Mega item has an interesting additional feature to blowing everything up for a whole level. I learned from a previous run that it opens up a door to Boss Rush/Blue Womb regardless of time. So I only detonated Mama Mega on Womb 2 to cheat my way to beating difficult bosses with an absolutely broken build.

I really do enjoy coming up with strange ways of breaking the system in Isaac.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 06, 2017, 06:38:58 am »

until the patch today, you could suck up mama mega with void and use it every level

the fact that forget-me-now worked for you suggests that you could've done that that run had you not picked up forget-me-now

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 06, 2017, 03:39:53 pm »

Apparently a patch recently changed how the game name save files, causing it to "lose" save file data because it's looking for a file of a different name.

Fix: Reddit post

Basically navigate to the save files (for windows, Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+) and remove the timestamp from the save slot you were using previously.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 31, 2021, 09:21:02 am »

Just when you thought it was safe to grow up, it's ya boi: Binding of Isaac: Repentence.

It's just MOAR. Moar pickups. Moar goofy interactions between pickups. I haven't honestly kept up to date with what the new expansion is about.

If you felt like the drop pool was already too bloated to make for a decent run, this probably won't entice you. However if you're like me and feel like you've only really scratched the surface of what's possible, then this expansion should be good for another 30 or 40 hours at least.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: The Binding of Isaac: Repentence. "NO STOP, HE'S ALREADY DEAD!"
« Reply #726 on: March 31, 2021, 09:53:41 am »

From what I understand, a good portion of repentence is brought in from a mod, antibirth.

Which isn't too bad a deal, as originally antibirth needed a expansionless base rebirth game to work.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 02, 2021, 03:45:02 am »

If you felt like the drop pool was already too bloated to make for a decent run, this probably won't entice you.

Most of the changes outside new content were done specifically to combat this problem. All the new items add something completely new and a bunch of old items have had new effects added.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 02, 2021, 10:21:43 am »

*I* don't have a problem with it but I know historically some people were mad that there were so many items. What is useful or not is highly debatable and per player. Some people like all the whacky shit that changes their tear mechanics completely one drop to the next. Others just want their +Damage, +Size, Multiple Seeking Projectile stuff and don't appreciate having to skip drops.

Some stuff is still garbo too. Like I got "Number One" last night. It's still bad :P

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 02, 2021, 10:35:59 am »

The only really bloated pool was the one for pills.  A lot of pill additions in afterbirth and beyond were kinda just time wasters or outright bad.  But also they were considered "neutral" by the game so getting PHD or the like wouldn't get rid of the shit pills.

Supposedly Repentance weights the pill pool so +/- stat pills are more common, and that seems true.  I've also seen +shot speed pills.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 08, 2021, 03:14:59 am »

I decided to fire this up and do an Apollyon run, just to get another completion. Which I did successfully.

Then the game asked me if I wanted to do a "Victory Lap." Intrigued, I said yes.

I played through an entire second campaign, carrying over all my stuff into the new game.

By the time I reached Mega Satan, the game had become this:

And right about the time I wondered if there'd be some kind of buffer overflow or memory leak or something, the game locked up.

I had to laugh. And restarted the game. The run was still there, so I hit continue and it put me back at the start of the Dark Chest. I shot just once and the game immediately locked up on me again.

Good times.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 03:26:36 am by nenjin »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]