Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49

Author Topic: The Binding of Isaac: Repentence. "NO STOP, HE'S ALREADY DEAD!"  (Read 126829 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Binding of Isaac: Now with 20% more evil!
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2011, 08:34:10 pm »

Woop de woop!

I am the golden god.

I got that with this guy

Smallest Isaac ever!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2011, 08:55:30 pm »

Congrats! Now on to the many horrors of adulthood!

I love how twisted your Isaac looks too hehe.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2011, 02:11:33 am »

I just beat the game as Judas. Which is awesome considering I had exactly 0 health for every floor after the first. <3 soul hearts and the book of revelations
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2011, 09:48:30 pm »

Arrgh.

I killed the final, final boss with ???... except that I didn't, because my last shot killed one of those bomb enemies. I got the victory music in the death screen.

Arg!

Fluid

• Bay Watcher
  • Something has gone, Terribly wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2011, 08:56:42 am »

I was trying out Cain because I just unlocked him with a lucky dollar out of a slot machine, and he scored a dollar, skeleton key, and "bombs are key" pill within the first two levels.

It looks like when he has to "gamble" with things like blood donation machines and the skull-game, he usually gets the blood bag without much health loss and almost always wins the skulls, and has a significantly higher chance compared to my previous playthroughs of getting the dollar bill.

He can easily become boss killer material very early on due to sheer luck with getting an early devil room and arcade, which pretty much makes him unstoppable and lets you breeze through the rest of the game, helped by the way he seems to get buckets of hearts/bombs/keys/coins out of the gambling games.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2012, 03:11:47 pm »

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-binding-of-isaac/1215959p1.html

Expansion INCOMING.

The Wrath of the Lamb, the "one and only expansion for the Binding of Isaac" is now under development. It won't change the game's core gameplay, but will add about 50% more of what's already there. No ETA, but McMillen said it would retail for the heavenly sum of just $3.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Nulzilcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2012, 09:14:57 am »

I was trying out Cain because I just unlocked him with a lucky dollar out of a slot machine, and he scored a dollar, skeleton key, and "bombs are key" pill within the first two levels.

It looks like when he has to "gamble" with things like blood donation machines and the skull-game, he usually gets the blood bag without much health loss and almost always wins the skulls, and has a significantly higher chance compared to my previous playthroughs of getting the dollar bill.

He can easily become boss killer material very early on due to sheer luck with getting an early devil room and arcade, which pretty much makes him unstoppable and lets you breeze through the rest of the game, helped by the way he seems to get buckets of hearts/bombs/keys/coins out of the gambling games.

This is undoubtedly true, in discovering this I also found out there seems to be some sort of limit to the number of items the game will dole out to you from gambling. Pestering one of the three card monte guys in an arcade in order to get whatever power-up I was hoping for him to eventually spit out I managed to get through the better part of two 'a dollar' items before he accidentally blew himself up with an errant smiley-face bomb.

Nulzilcho's Folly:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2012, 06:01:46 pm »

I got wings for the first time then accidentally teleported out of a boss room, dying when I tried to redo it.
Everybody!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2012, 09:41:11 pm »

If you were using the bible to get the wings, and

If not it's prolly a bug.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2012, 06:39:25 am »

Oh wow, never expected to win this game:

I got Dr. Fetus at Caves 1 as Judas and took for it fun, knowing I would die. Then I took the Black Cat at 3 hearts for the same reason. Thing is, I found the blast damage bomb upgrade in Depths 2. With that I obliterated every single boss, even the last guy (though I did save my Sun card from halfway through the game for the last phase.)

I did get Book of Revelations which is pretty much the win button, but it didn't really help me. I had 3 Hearts put together at the start of the last fight.

Also, check out that Meat Boy, it's so big compared to me, that thing following me with it's jaws snapping was kinda scary.

P.S. I'm a super small floating helmet with two hats on, beat that!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:43:22 am by LASD »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2012, 01:21:08 pm »

Well, after a few ad runs and unlucky choices, I killed chub with a monstro tooth.

Doesn't get me any further than usual, but it was funny to watch.
Everybody!

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2012, 05:29:32 am »

BOOM!

I'm a Golden God now! It didn't take that long after finding out that it's not about all the achievements, it's about finding all the items. Though it took me a crazy long time to find the Halo. I even got Mama's Boy while I was trying to find it. Weirdly enough, I have 100% the game, even though I have never fought the Headless Horseman, as the lump of coal lets you get everything but one item for Golden God.

Sweet, now I've done everything I can except Spelunker Boy (Peep is too hard goddamnit), but that can wait for the DLC. I had fun, but now I'm freeeee!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:31:15 am by LASD »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2012, 02:14:31 pm »

Got to mom for the first time. Didn't know what in hell I was doing.

Still almost killed her.
Everybody!

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2012, 03:10:09 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2cN4DkEQEE

Ed talks about the new expansion pack coming for the game. Fairly interesting though not all that much is revealed.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2012, 07:17:52 am »

I kind of burned out on BoI early on, to the point where I didn't even have the drive to play most of the update.

But the stuff McMillen is saying is getting me excited again. His goal seems to be uniqueness. Every character will get a special, unique item for beating the last area of the game. He said he never wanted the game to go longer than 1.5 hours a run, and so he felt adding new rooms and areas to the end of the game would be a bad idea (since many would never see them.) So most of the new areas are going to be sprinkled throughout the game. There will be alternate chapters to the standard chapters, so you might end up on a different level than basement 2 while on your way through the game.

Areas will be more heavily themed, so the Basement will have spiders and cobwebs while another level will have bats (or something.) Way more powerful items, like trinkets that are a combination pill/tarot card. There will be more items with trade offs too, so items that give you benefits when you get hurt, more cursed items, and generally items that produce play styles rather than just being a more kick ass beam.

I'm starting to really become a fan of McMillen, because even when he does something he considers small, it's got depth and breadth.

He's also really keen not to spoil stuff, which is a quality I always appreciate in my devs.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:24:23 am by nenjin »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49