Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: How bugged are weapons at the moment?  (Read 22291 times)

Akaros24

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a - Ohh, shiny.
    • View Profile
Re: How bugged are weapons at the moment?
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2011, 04:58:46 am »

If I am understanding this,
It should be impossible to make funtional crossbow with 'candy' due to it being perfectly rigid, thus you couldent draw (bend) the bow (or what it is called) and provide energy for it to fire.
That or dwarfs have found another way to break the laws of physics.

(I am still new here)

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2011, 05:26:29 am »

It shows by the incredulity you intone upon "dwarves have discovered a way to defy physics!"

Just wait until you realise how many dragons you can fit into a cage which you then freeze under water with everything living in stasis.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2011, 05:43:55 am »

Nah, candy can be made into clothes and used as a thread. I always imagined it to be like the elven materials in LoTR - it knows what you're trying to do with it.

Unless that would need it to be heavy.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2011, 12:39:05 pm »

Another thought -- The Hammerer deals punishment by "X number of hammer strikes," right?  So you could give him a candyhammer and essentially let him "punish" miscreants by hitting them with a boffer-stick. 

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2011, 01:26:55 pm »

Another thought -- The Hammerer deals punishment by "X number of hammer strikes," right?  So you could give him a candyhammer and essentially let him "punish" miscreants by hitting them with a boffer-stick.

This is exactly what people with a Hammerer end up doing.  I just picture him standing over a dwarf with a picture of vengeance on his face hitting them as hard as they can with this beautifully sculpted hammer and the victim realizing they're actually getting a dwarven massage.

Granted, nobles are bugged right now which means no Hammerer at all, which is a good thing.  It also means no Dungeon Master, which is a bad thing.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2011, 01:47:10 pm »

The instant someone suggested a danger fort I started formulating how I would go about accomplishing said task.

I would get so tired of linking mechanisms.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]