Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 59

Author Topic: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v3.1.0) (0.44.05)  (Read 174822 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Fortbent: Homestuck's Trolls: Pumpkins! (31.25)
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2011, 09:14:45 pm »

Spoiler: CREDIT (click to show/hide)
>Years into the past...

But not many.

...Just kidding, it was many years ago indeed.

==>

You are now YMISTA UNNARR. You are currently playing a game called SBURB with your TWO FRIENDS and ONE ENEMY. You're venturing through the LAND OF ROPES AND CLOCKWORK. It appears your ENEMY is attempting to pester you. Guess you should respond.

Spoiler: Show Pesterlog (click to show/hide)

==>

Spoiler: Show Pesterlog (click to show/hide)

==>

Just like that, a fate worse than death had been wrought upon these four Trolls. But not just them - the SBURB crash affected everyone that was then trapped in paradox space. Humans, Trolls, other unmentioned races. Had the HEIRESS of YMISTA's session not already created a new universe through ectobiology, SBURB would have erased every player in it from existence. Thankfully, as a last resort, it flung them into YMISTA's created world.

You are no longer YMISTA UNNARR.

Over the years, the Trolls and humans learned to live alongside each other. But, in part due to no longer having access to most of their old technology in the new world, the Trolls had to begin sending out expeditions to new locations to find a more suitable capital. These expeditions would consist of seven Trolls - you included - that were deemed completely expendable. In a year, the capital would send liaisons to check whether or not the expedition members were all dead. That was often the case.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:17:24 pm by Putnam »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2011, 11:42:54 pm »

Is 99% of this thread meant to be an in-joke? Because from an outside perspective it doesn't make a lick of sense? ???
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2011, 11:46:00 pm »

Is 99% of this thread meant to be an in-joke? Because from an outside perspective it doesn't make a lick of sense? ???
Considering it's a mod based on an IP that is itself a giant pile of in-jokes ... Well, yes!
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2011, 11:48:09 pm »

Considering it's a mod based on an IP that is itself a giant pile of in-jokes ... Well, yes!

IP?

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2011, 12:01:29 am »

IP?
Intellectual property. Homestuck has appeared in multiple mediums, but it is a creative work that has a single legal source and therefore is an intellectual property.
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2011, 12:08:30 am »

IP?
Intellectual property. Homestuck has appeared in multiple mediums, but it is a creative work that has a single legal source and therefore is an intellectual property.

And for the unenlightened what exactly is Homestruck?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2011, 12:11:10 am »

Homestuck is a webcomic about four kids playing a video game where the goal is to create a new universe, the trolls in this mod are characters that are introduced in one of the webcomics acts.

So yes, this thread is 99.99% in jokes, and .01% forum jokes.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2011, 12:12:23 am »

And for the unenlightened what exactly is Homestruck?
My reply is the same as BD's, but with a link: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2011, 06:45:46 pm »

I just read your comment about Jadebloods. Jadebloods do not become mother grubs (I mean, look as Kanaya). They only get to get a mother grub as a lusus and eventually take care of the other mother grubs.
And even though it's a pretty rare blood colour, nothing has been said about the inexistence of male jadebloods.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2011, 07:59:48 pm »

I just read your comment about Jadebloods. Jadebloods do not become mother grubs (I mean, look as Kanaya). They only get to get a mother grub as a lusus and eventually take care of the other mother grubs.
And even though it's a pretty rare blood colour, nothing has been said about the inexistence of male jadebloods.

Yes, that comment has been around since I first declared those castes--in other words, when I started the mod. Like, the first

Adding a male caste would be a simple matter. Just add a male caste, select the caste right under the female jade one, and cut the jade pop_ratio by half to account for the new caste.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2011, 05:24:46 pm »

Hmmm. Also, since it is apparent that also Trolls that aren't brown-blooded can have wings...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2011, 05:59:44 pm »

Hmmm. Also, since it is apparent that also Trolls that aren't brown-blooded can have wings...

Yes, yes.

Well, this succession game is doing everything I'd hoped it would! My main problem with this mod was the lack of feedback, I want criticism out the ASS. I can fix lots o' stuff.

The brown-only winged thing is mostly a practicality issue. Or I guess not. It would be much more time-consuming than male jade-bloods, at least.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2011, 08:03:34 pm »

Yeah, about 18 times as much (and that's assuming that there aren't any winged seadwellers. Which could actually be done at the cost of flying fish puns)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2011, 11:04:48 am »

Bringing up something I noticed during my playthrough. Almost all purple-blood Trolls are really old when they get to my fort. Way older than the rest of the castes. Is this intentional? Or would you not mind having Eridan-aged purple-bloods? Or is this just a coincidence.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2011, 06:01:49 pm »

Bringing up something I noticed during my playthrough. Almost all purple-blood Trolls are really old when they get to my fort. Way older than the rest of the castes. Is this intentional? Or would you not mind having Eridan-aged purple-bloods? Or is this just a coincidence.

It's a way the game handles generated-on-the-fly creatures: they show up at about half of their max age. That's why so many maroon-bloods still have amber eyes when they arrive, even though they're adults: they show up at the age of 12, even though that's below the CHILD tag age. It's odd, but not too problematic. Also, when sburb players show up, they'll be wrinkled as fuck--just enough so that even a wrinklefucker won't be able to unwrinkle their wrinkled faces. This is fixed when I officially release the sprayedmoirails version of the mod.

Also, if a feferi-blood shows up, they should be thousands of years old. Word of warning.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 59