Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59

Author Topic: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v3.1.0) (0.44.05)  (Read 174790 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v2.4.0) (0.42.06)
« Reply #840 on: April 24, 2016, 10:42:04 pm »

What exactly was that update though? I assume those additional races are in there, as is all that fraymotif stuff, but is that early stage feature you might be implementing in there? What do the fraymotifs do? I feel like there's barely any information on this update.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 24, 2016, 11:01:25 pm »

The fraymotif stuff was in 2.3.0, I think. I should probably write an article on the wiki about the various effects, affects and unique fraymotifs.

2.4.0 adds troll romance (moirallegiance, kismesisitude, auspisticism, matespritship), which basically act as not-quite-as-fleshed-out relationships for right now. It also makes the whole sburb roles stuff a lot less clunky by making them visible in the unit list and unit status screens instead of everywhere their name appears, like so (pressing "f" to make the switch, it says how on the screen):

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 25, 2016, 05:55:07 am »

Truly, you are more than worthy of your personal text. Well done.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 25, 2016, 08:13:30 pm »

How do the various blood castes work in DF? Do they all appear with equal frequency, or do the lower castes appear more often? Do the lower casts have significantly shorter lifespans?

EDIT: Nvm, I think I found enough of an answer by searching thread.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:22:41 pm by Rekov »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 25, 2016, 08:23:36 pm »

Lower castes appear more often and have significantly shorter lifespan.
For example, in my current fort, here's a burgundy blood:

Gnisha Advina will die of old age on 284-08-14, in 13 years, 3 months, and 12 days. He will be 31 years, 10 months, and 15 days old.

And here's an indigo blood:

Erechi Nisata will die of old age on 9614-07-06,
in 9343 years, 2 months, and 3 days.
He will be 9465 years, 10 months, and 1 day old.

I do not have any higher blooded trolls.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 27, 2016, 01:29:41 pm »

Many of the noble positions don't seem to require offices or furniture or anything like that.

I'm also getting a huge amount of red bloods. Are these just being conflated with burgundy? The candy red mutation is supposed to be exceedingly rare, right?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I guess they are burgundy, but they show up as red for whatever reason in Dwarf Therapist.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:38:42 pm by Rekov »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v2.5.0) (0.42.06)
« Reply #846 on: May 03, 2016, 11:24:57 pm »

(red) means burgundy. (mutant) means candy red.

Anyway, I added a way for Lord English himself to show up. He's basically unbeatable. You can beat him if you get Caledfwlch, which is possible with a really good thief/rogue of void + really good seer/mage of doom, but I wouldn't rely on it even if you have it, since LE is kinda lasery. You'd need something like, say, an army of fodder to allow your Caledfwlch-wielding hero in (who should probably be a time hero to at least provide a chance to get to LE before he manages to get away and shoot)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:26:35 pm by Putnam »

jovianArchiver

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Leg
    • View Profile
Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v2.5.0) (0.42.06)
« Reply #847 on: July 12, 2016, 04:36:38 pm »

Does the mod work for 43.03 and/or .06?
Well, that was a thing that just happened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 12, 2016, 04:39:48 pm »

Now that DFHack's out, the mod ought to be working with 0.43.03 AFAIK.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 03, 2017, 07:19:03 pm »

Sorry for necro, but is this mod still being worked on?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (2014 v2.1.0) (0.40.24)
« Reply #850 on: July 23, 2017, 04:21:47 pm »

DFHack command. It works in fortress mode, but I'm not sure about adventure mode. If it doesn't work in adventure mode (the reaction simply says "you make nothing" and no dialogue pops up), you can work around it like so:

1. Get your adventurer's unit ID with the following command:

Code: [Select]
lua print(df.global.world.units.active[0].id)
2. Use the following command to alchemize:

fortbent/alchemize -unit (id) -adventure
I oughta make alchemization more open for adventure mode, I figure. Didn't really think about that. Also, make it so that it doesn't require your adventurer's unit ID.
So the alchemize reaction does nothing in adventure mode, and using that command gives me this error:
...ent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/fortbent/alchemize.lua:125: attempt to call
 a nil value (global 'usesCreature')
stack traceback:
        ...ent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/fortbent/alchemize.lua:125: in loca
l 'filter'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\gui\materials.lua:302: in func
tion 'gui.materials.ItemTypeDialog'
        ...ent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/fortbent/alchemize.lua:85: in globa
l 'showItemPrompt'
        ...ent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/fortbent/alchemize.lua:147: in func
tion <...ent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/fortbent/alchemize.lua:143>
Using DFHack 0.43.05-r2 and Fortbent 2.5.0.
Also, when do get a claspect? Or learn what claspect I was assigned?

Edit:
So I noticed that an update for dfhack 43.05 had been made since 2.5.0, so I reinstalled with the latest fortbent master, but encountered the same error. Additionally, starting an adventurer gave me this error:
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:580: in upvalue '_r
un_command'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:595: in function 'd
fhack.run_command'
        ...ts\DF\Fortbent/data/save/region1/raw/init.d/fortbent.lua:47: in main
chunk
        [C]: in function 'safecall'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:621: in upvalue 'lo
adInitFile'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:650: in function <C
:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:629>
and attempting to load the save caused this error in the dfhack console:
...ortbent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/functions/unit.lua:298: attempt to perf
orm arithmetic on a nil value (local 'change')
...ortbent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/functions/unit.lua:298: attempt to perf
...ortbent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/functions/unit.lua:285: attempt to perf
...ortbent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/functions/unit.lua:458: attempt to perf
...ortbent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/functions/unit.lua:458: attempt to perf
...ortbent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/functions/unit.lua:285: attempt to perf
Loading script at C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent/data/save/region1/raw/fortben
t_onload.txt
Class System successfully loaded
and then this one on successfully loading:
C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:507: Could not find script
base/roses-table
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:507: in function 'd
fhack.run_script_with_env'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:490: in function 'd
fhack.script_environment'
        ...Fortbent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/base/on-death.lua:4: in local
'script_code'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in function 'd
        (...tail calls...)
        [C]: in field 'runCommand'
un_command'
fhack.run_command'
        ...rtbent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/base/roses-init.lua:86: in local
 'script_code'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in function 'd
        (...tail calls...)
        [C]: in field 'runCommand'
un_command'
fhack.run_command'
        ...ts\DF\Fortbent/data/save/region1/raw/init.d/fortbent.lua:47: in main
chunk
        [C]: in function 'safecall'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:621: in upvalue 'lo
adInitFile'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:650: in function <C
:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Fortbent\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:629>
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 05:34:54 pm by Nahere »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 23, 2017, 07:05:48 pm »

I should never have used someone else's script for something I wanted to do.

I'll try to keep up, but it's a bit hard with other stuff i'm juggling outside the dwarfosphere.

Thank you for the detailed bug reports, though, I can make some issues.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 07:07:56 pm by Putnam »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v2.6.0) (0.43.05)
« Reply #852 on: July 23, 2017, 07:44:51 pm »

I made a new release, since it's become clear that it can't be in a worse state than the previous one.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 24, 2017, 01:01:14 am »

Alchemy seems to be working now thanks, although the reaction doesn't trigger the interface (maybe just set it up so it can be keybound?).
Killing things causes this error:
...rtbent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/functions/class.lua:24: attempt to compa
re nil with number
stack traceback:
        ...rtbent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/functions/class.lua:24: in field
 'addExperience'
        ...Fortbent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/base/on-death.lua:103: in func
tion <...Fortbent/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/base/on-death.lua:26>
Which might have something to do with the fact that I haven't seen any evidence of the class system. How are the classes meant to show up in adventure mode?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 24, 2017, 02:10:02 am »

It's possibly legacy code from someone else's system, it used to work, i have no idea what could've changed in the meantime, this will take a while, i'm going to make an issue to unfuck all that now
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59