Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spottedurns: And so the nightly hunt begins...  (Read 4784 times)

The Wizard Lizard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Spottedurns: And so the nightly hunt begins...
« on: February 27, 2016, 02:36:22 am »

Hey, guys. So, my latest fort has been having something of a weretapir problem.

It's not the best. It all started with Emoth, the big bad Weretapir who rolled into my sleepy little outpost looking for a fight before my militia had quiiiite gotten off the ground yet. Ultimately, he was slain without too much trouble, despite being able to run around the outside bothering my outdoorsy people. It seemed like the incident was handled...

Suffice it to say it was not. I somehow managed to miss that dear old Urdim the soap maker had got his ass bitten, and he proceeded to tapir out in the middle of the fortress entryway, slaughtering several before he was killed. Then next month, Mebzuth the brewer and Domas the hunter went tapir in the middle of the workshops and managed to kill a bunch and injure a whole lot more before they went down, including several visiting human musicians and half my military. Now my hospital is full of injured assholes just waiting to go Tapir on us along with who knows how many walking around, half my fortress is reeling from emotional shock, most of my labor force has been wiped out, and I have totally lost control of this situation.

But fret not - despite the fact that Spottedurns was a small outpost with no competent military and barely any defenses established, its population is far from helpless. I have devised a rather, um, inelegant solution to the Tapir Problem...

This is Spottedurns, bitches. You want it, come and take it.

So, yeah, I've drafted every single citizen and equipped them all with shitty iron axes. When the next Tapir Moon rises, I fully expect the fort to descend into a bloodbath. Will update with pictures when that happens.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 02:37:57 am by The Wizard Lizard »
I'm not terribly acquainted with what normal human beings do.

The Wizard Lizard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Spottedurns: And so the nightly hunt begins...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 04:32:35 pm »

Did you know that sending militia squads to attack their own werecreature members can cause a loyalty cascade? I didn't!

This was a terrible idea.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 04:34:44 pm »

No, it was a !!FUN!! idea. 
Heh.  Keep this posted.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

The Wizard Lizard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 07:08:25 pm »

... Huh. After three seasons since the last weretapir flare up, I think the curse may finally be expunged. Migrants are starting to trickle back in, most of the dead from the last few all-fortress Hunts have been buried, and industry is starting to take off again. I think the worst may be behind -

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 07:09:51 pm »

Armok likes you!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 07:45:59 pm »

Funny. Yes. That is funny.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 11:49:37 pm »

Are you sure none of your dwarves posted a seedy personal ad to Uristslist.com?

"Looking for friendz, dwarf - werecreature relationship only NO VAMPIRES"