Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 590869 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #510 on: November 04, 2012, 10:21:21 pm »

Or they hadn't known that it wasn't inducted already.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 04, 2012, 11:01:19 pm »

Why is Facepalm moments in for votes? I want to vote for it but I'm just curious as to why.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 05, 2012, 04:46:14 am »

Wow.  That was a hell of an outpouring for Rockfalls!  Buried, but never forgotten.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Canisaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 05, 2012, 02:14:42 pm »

I'm adding a +1 for Rockfalls too.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 05, 2012, 02:22:39 pm »

I'm also adding my +1 for Rimslaughter and Armok's Gauntlet in addition to my earlier vote for Rockfalls

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 06, 2012, 03:28:17 pm »

I don't think I ever added a vote for "Dwarven... "Child Care"" - that thread is a de-facto legend even if it hasn't been inducted formally yet.  Definitely +1 for that.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

AquiziTC

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_CLEVER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 10, 2012, 11:36:44 pm »

Glazedcoast! is no longer active, and thus can be moved from the Active listing to Finished.

Beenoc

• Bay Watcher
  • To live, one must first be born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 11, 2012, 08:23:03 pm »

Nominee: Deebus: A Kobold Story
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106920.0

The story of the epicest kobold who ever lived. EVER. This is what you get when the only civs in a world are Kobolds. (yay crappy summary because I suck at summaries!)
This is a dwarf. It is decorated with dwarfiness and menaces with spikes of Brit. Engraved on the dwarf is an image of a dwarf digging a hole. This relates to the digging of a hole by Honeydew the dwarf in 2011.

I was the deceased vessel through which dark magick was done and Necrothreat III was created from the ruins of my old forum posts: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118805.0

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 23, 2012, 11:17:13 am »

Is drunk fortress nominated yet?
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 24, 2012, 08:21:44 am »

Nope, but if it was, I'd vote for it.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 24, 2012, 11:24:09 am »

Well, considering it has been nominated by TVtropes itself, I think it should be.  Also, it introduces a new way to play, so therefore it is unique.  I nominate Drunk fortress.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 24, 2012, 01:02:45 pm »

Well, considering it has been nominated by TVtropes itself, I think it should be.  Also, it introduces a new way to play, so therefore it is unique.  I nominate Drunk fortress.

Link and a short description if not yet voted for please. :P

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 24, 2012, 08:19:29 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116045.0

Dwarf Fortress is often lauded as one of the most complicated games of all time. The interface is opaque, the learning curve a cliff. It's hard enough for experienced players to keep their forts safe and secure on the best of days.

So, what happens when a bunch of players play a succession fort while completely inebriated?

Drunk Fortress is a Dwarf Fortress succession game in which each player takes a turn playing while totally plastered. It's run on a "First Drunk First Serve" basis, in which whoever is consuming alcohol at the moment is the next player. As can be expected from such playing conditions, the fortress quickly became a labyrinthine mess of half-finished projects and forgotten passages, with magma leaking into the fort from every direction and hosting at least three tantrum spirals. And it is glorious. -TVtropes

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 25, 2012, 12:58:55 pm »

Voting for Drunk Fortress.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 25, 2012, 01:37:45 pm »

Yes +1 for drunk fortress :D
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 67