Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 590575 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #525 on: November 25, 2012, 01:39:10 pm »

nooomn thw ducks have come to tak e  ou wealth +1
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 25, 2012, 01:47:15 pm »

nooomn thw ducks have come to tak e  ou wealth +1

I think that's a +1 for Drunk Fortress. I'll add my +1 as well.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 25, 2012, 02:11:45 pm »

Lmao, HugoLuman. As I recall, you have to wait a month after it's nominated, so none of those votes count yet...
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 25, 2012, 02:36:49 pm »

Lmao, HugoLuman. As I recall, you have to wait a month after it's nominated, so none of those votes count yet...

Yeah, I just checked, gotta wait a month before we can start a-voting for it. Well, then we shall have to have a bottle to remind us!

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 27, 2012, 02:11:57 pm »

Voting for rock falls as it is awesome!  Plus its an inspiration to other adventurous souls.  So yes, please induct.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 27, 2012, 09:43:12 pm »

I vote for speakbreakers!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Rokdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 29, 2012, 11:39:11 pm »

I vote for Dwarven Child Care

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 30, 2012, 02:05:07 am »

I will vote for three if I may
Spearbreakers
Dwarven...Childcare
If Bay Forum were a Mountianhome

It is my firm belief that these three will be used in Bay12's commitment hearing.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 30, 2012, 02:09:09 am »

The fact Spearbreakers was included fills me with the pride a father must feel when he finds out his son finally did thier rite of passage and killed someone in battle.

Or I may be thinking of spartans or maybe DF players who's champion's son does that.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 30, 2012, 07:43:54 pm »

Or I may be thinking of spartans or maybe DF players who's champion's son does that.

Maybe both of these.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 01, 2012, 01:29:10 pm »

Busy month, so let's get to it!

Nominee: Deebus: A Kobold Story
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106920.0

The story of the epicest kobold who ever lived. EVER. This is what you get when the only civs in a world are Kobolds. (yay crappy summary because I suck at summaries!)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116045.0

Dwarf Fortress is often lauded as one of the most complicated games of all time. The interface is opaque, the learning curve a cliff. It's hard enough for experienced players to keep their forts safe and secure on the best of days.

So, what happens when a bunch of players play a succession fort while completely inebriated?

Drunk Fortress is a Dwarf Fortress succession game in which each player takes a turn playing while totally plastered. It's run on a "First Drunk First Serve" basis, in which whoever is consuming alcohol at the moment is the next player. As can be expected from such playing conditions, the fortress quickly became a labyrinthine mess of half-finished projects and forgotten passages, with magma leaking into the fort from every direction and hosting at least three tantrum spirals. And it is glorious. -TVtropes

Nominated! Drunk Fortress and The journey of Deebus, a kobold story will become eligible to receive votes in January.

I'd like to add a vote for CryptIrons.  The time spent crafting each story chapter into vivid imagery is well worthy of inclusion.
I'm also adding my +1 for Rimslaughter and Armok's Gauntlet in addition to my earlier vote for Rockfalls
I don't think I ever added a vote for "Dwarven... "Child Care"" - that thread is a de-facto legend even if it hasn't been inducted formally yet.  Definitely +1 for that.
I vote for Dwarven Child Care
I will vote for three if I may
Spearbreakers
Dwarven...Childcare
If Bay Forum were a Mountianhome

It is my firm belief that these three will be used in Bay12's commitment hearing.
and chalk one up for Einsteinian Roulette, where the newbies are raining textual hell on current destructive events. :P

Votes added! Dwarven... "Child Care" has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrrr*

I vote for Spearbreakers.
Splint does too, but doesn't want to say it for his own thread.
Gonna vote for Spearbreakers.
A vote (and extra Mug) For Spearbreakers!!
Let the !!SCIENCE!! go on!
Vote for Spearbreakers. Amazing writers, great people, and interesting things happen there. Also Spawn of Holistic a la Mr Frog!
I have to vote for Spearbreakers honestly it is one of the best forts I have read in a while (the spawn help) and even without their help every single dwarf is ALREADY nuts.
I vote for Spearbreakers.
I vote for Spearbreakers as well, even though it probably already has enough to get into the Hall of Legends :p
Add another vote for Spearbreakers, just for good measure :-P

Adding one more vote to Spearbreakers.
ill join you on spearbreakers.
I vote for speakbreakers!
Ok. I think Spearbreakers has enough votes. Can we call it a day?

Spearbreakers has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr*

I've already voted for it, but seriously folks, check out Rockfalls the Depths of Volcanoes, it very much deserves induction.
Rockfalls is pretty cool. Giving it a vote.
+1 for Rockfalls from me :D
A vote for Rockfalls
+1 Rockfalls
+1 Rockfalls.
+1 Rockfalls, yo.
I'm adding a +1 for Rockfalls too.
Voting for rock falls as it is awesome!  Plus its an inspiration to other adventurous souls.  So yes, please induct.

Rockfalls the Depths of Volcanoes has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr*

Why is Facepalm moments in for votes? I want to vote for it but I'm just curious as to why.
I don't feel I have the right to vote for either Spearbreakers or Necrothreat, as I've played an extensive role in founding both, but I will give a vote to "Facepalm Moments You Had" - not that it'll make that much of a difference, having only one vote so far. :P I got a lot of great laughs from that thread.

Although "Facepalm Moments You Had" will fall victim to the cutoff date, I personally have no problem with stickied threads being inducted into the Hall.

Glazedcoast! is no longer active, and thus can be moved from the Active listing to Finished.

Amended!

Alright! A great many threads were pruned from the Nominee's list- if you feel like a thread deserves another year of Nomination, you can of course re-submit it. It will be treated as a new entry, however, and won't regain previous votes in addition to waiting through the standard one month candidacy period. This month, Hellcannon is in risk of being stricken from the Nominee's list. If you feel it is worth preserving, vote now!

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 12, 2012, 10:20:17 pm »

C'mon folks, vote Hellcannon!  It just seems wrong that a fortress that lived at 0 population should die at 4 votes.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 12, 2012, 10:30:56 pm »

Sure.

I vote for hellcannon.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 29, 2012, 02:13:48 pm »

Sure.

I vote for hellcannon.
Ditto.

I mean Undead above ground AND below? How often does that happen?

Edit: +1 for Skyscrapes too. If that was real, it would be in at least the top 20 for the worlds tallest buildings. It's like Taipei 101 minus the top floor and the roof.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:28:37 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 29, 2012, 05:39:01 pm »

Haven't gotten around to reading Hellcannon yet, but I'll vote for Skyscrapes, for the sheer badassery of keeping aboveground construction consistent between years and players. Well, except when they didn't but Necromancers must piss themselves with envy at the great dwarven middle finger.

I'd feel stupid if I voted for my own thing, so I won't.

Actually, surviving at 0 pop? +1 for Hellcannon.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 67