Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 591095 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #795 on: September 05, 2014, 07:34:30 pm »

+1 for Moltenchannels.
+1 to Moltenchannels.
+1 for MoltenChannels, because Forest Fires are good for tourism.

Votes added!

+1 to Roll To Die/Dwarf/Derail, that chaos must be spread!

+1

+1 for chaos and madness!
+1 to Roll To Die/Dwarf/Derail
+1 to roll to die/dwarf/derail
+1

Roll to Die/Dwarf/Derail has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr*

+1 tWoOtA
+1 Einsteinian Roulette

...What?  Einsteinian Roulette's at risk of not-being-here?!  It has a fricking subforum, and over fifty players...

+1 Einsteinian roulette, so much.
Well, technically has over 50 players. In practice it's much less because people forget to post.

Still, +1 Einsteinian Roulette
+1 to Einsteinian Roulette
ditto to +1 Einsteinian Roulette

I coulda sworn i found it via the hall of legends… i guess i was wrong o.O
You're kidding, right? I think that this is probably the only game to have been granted its own subforum.

+1, anyway.
I don't think most ER players even knew it had been nominated or there'd be a swarm of votes already. I, for one, was one of the clueless people.

Five pages in (49 posts per page) and I've never laughed so friggin' hard. Well done.

Einsteinian Roulette has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr*

+1 to TWoOtA
+1 to TWoOtA
+1 for TWoOtA.
+1 for TWoOtA.
TWoOtA now has a new intro:

The Warrens of Oric the Awesome is an illustrated 2D dungeon crawler suggestion game that got completely out of hand. Who are we? What's going on? Dear gods what is THAT? Should we have prevented that senseless death? Just how much of these walls can we loot?

Come join us for page after page of us theorizing on why we still don't know the answers to any of these.

If you don't like this intro, visit the thread and see the other contenders! Make your vote!

The Warrens of Oric the Awesome has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr*

I'd like to nominate Roomcarnage, if it hasn't been nominated already.  Unique starting location, and awesome way of dealing with the undead.

Link here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139393.0

Armok's Beard! This guys literally been forced underground, besieged by the undead and husks. In the face of this threat, he swears revenge upon the glacier known as the 'Ice of Ghosts' and has... well, the specifics wouldn't be any fun, so suffice to say Magma and Ice react in very interesting ways. The story is told through the 'extensive use of .gifs' used to capture the dynamic nature of the game.

+1 to Roomcarnage, use the above paragraph as the Intro. since none were provided.

Nominated! Roomcarnage is now eligible to receive votes; if you believe this thread is worthy of induction into the Hall of Legends, vote now!

I don't know if it's fair for me to nominate this thread since i have recently taken interest in it to the point of participation, but i believe dwarf fortress from scratch deserves a look.

Basically some modder (halfling) decided to delete the entire raws folder from the game, put whatever the game needed to physically run into place, then posted it on google for any modder to tamper with and tweak. the only real guidline is "it's scifi themed." After finally learning how to read the raws, i have realized it is a mass of abominations and mad scientists nightmares wandering around a deserted wasteland of a planet, sustained only by carnage.... on the rare chance you won't meet imperialistic alien civiliations, or Insectoid overlords, you will get to enjoy the local wildlife.... or they will enjoy you... eating you that is

Sounds interesting and certainly a unique case as far as the Hall of Legends goes; I'll need a link before I can put it on the Nominee's List, though, so we can debate its worthiness when we all have got a look at it.

+1 to TWoOtA
Due to all them plusses, there needs to be a better introduction for the Hall of Legends.

...And probably a summarized form of it .__. It doesn't feel well to let a newcomer read that in its current state (the latter parts are a "bit" of a mess)

For clarification: were you saying that the entry for TWoOtA should have a better introduction/summarized form, or were you saying the Hall of Legends itself needs a better introduction/summarized form?

The site for Nist Akath appears to have disappeared. Is there a PDF or mirror available?
This is legitimately saddening. Nist Akath is perhaps the only DF story I've read that I wish was longer. Until further notice, I suppose the link should just go to the thread on the forums.

Fixed as far as I am able; the link now points to the original forum thread, which seems to itself have a handful of broken image links but is otherwise intact. I was not able to send Captain Mayday a pm on the subject to inquire about backup archives or the like, so unless somebody knows about such an archive or knows how to get in touch with someone who might it will have to do for now.

The Black Cat Brewery, The Adventures of Likot Soapeater, and The Hall of Legends are now in danger of being stricken from the Nominee's list if they do not meet the requisite number of votes by the end of the month. If you believe any of these threads are worthy of induction into the Hall of Legends, vote now!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 05, 2014, 07:53:35 pm »

+ 1 to The Hall of Legends. It definitely deserves a place here.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 05, 2014, 07:54:14 pm »

Or not. 'Twas a silly notion, I suppose :P
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:07:50 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 06, 2014, 02:40:56 am »

I don't know if it's fair for me to nominate this thread since i have recently taken interest in it to the point of participation, but i believe dwarf fortress from scratch deserves a look.

Basically some modder (halfling) decided to delete the entire raws folder from the game, put whatever the game needed to physically run into place, then posted it on google for any modder to tamper with and tweak. the only real guidline is "it's scifi themed." After finally learning how to read the raws, i have realized it is a mass of abominations and mad scientists nightmares wandering around a deserted wasteland of a planet, sustained only by carnage.... on the rare chance you won't meet imperialistic alien civiliations, or Insectoid overlords, you will get to enjoy the local wildlife.... or they will enjoy you... eating you that is
Halfling started the first one, for 34.x, with a fantasy theme. The second (current one) has nothing to do with Halfling anymore, and has 2 forks, one of which is sci-fi while the other is a continuation of the content from the 34.x version. The sci-fi one is currently much more active, though it may use some vanilla raws.

Now that you mention it, though, I would like to nominate Dwarf Fortress From Scratch, it churned up some pretty creative and awesome stuff. Armored land squid, petrifying-gaze insects, dirigible antelope, weaponized alchemic incense, mutant trolls, and a stupefyingly large variety of dragons, just to name a few.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0 The first version
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140715.0 Second one

I'd say -1. What's the point? It's not as if listing the Hall of Legends on the Hall of Legends would help people find it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 06, 2014, 08:00:52 am »

I'd say -1. What's the point? It's not as if listing the Hall of Legends on the Hall of Legends would help people find it.

I see your point.

But, it's also doing no harm being there, and is also vaguely amusing.

So I choose vague amusement, dammit.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 06, 2014, 02:19:19 pm »

I see your point.

But, it's also doing no harm being there, and is also vaguely amusing.

So I choose vague amusement, dammit.
+1 to hall of legends

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 06, 2014, 03:02:51 pm »

I'd also have to say -1 for The Hall of Legends if I could. As epic and good as it is, it just isn't fulfilling its intended purpose by being in itself. Think of it from a practical point. When somebody opens the thread, they don't want another link to it. They want what they came for.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 06, 2014, 03:30:31 pm »

And where would they find what they're looking for? The Hall of Legends, that's where. It's our duty to provide a link to such a splendiferous place.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 06, 2014, 10:26:34 pm »

+1 Hall of Legends.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 06, 2014, 11:14:25 pm »

a stupefyingly large variety of dragons

You know, I never had the chance to check, did they actually show up?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 07, 2014, 03:27:41 am »

a stupefyingly large variety of dragons

You know, I never had the chance to check, did they actually show up?
I saw a few of them, though I have no idea which version I have.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 07, 2014, 05:02:50 am »

I'd have to -1 the Hall of Legends :<
Sure, its amusing, but relinking the thread to...see the thread would come off...not generally as good as if it was not there itself.

Err, it's like an unspoken feeling of respect to the thread itself. Putting it in itself seems...unbecoming. :-\
Moreso if done only for laughs. That may detail a major flaw in the voting system.

Edit:
For clarification: were you saying that the entry for TWoOtA should have a better introduction/summarized form, or were you saying the Hall of Legends itself needs a better introduction/summarized form?
The entry :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 03:44:27 am by Tiruin »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 09, 2014, 02:16:08 am »

+1 roomcarnage, because Zombies, Glaciers, Magma and Dwarf fortress variety !science! make one hell of a combination.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 11, 2014, 02:55:59 pm »

-1 the Hall of Legends.
+1 Roomcarnage. Engraved in GIFS is a picture of readers and The Nothing. The Nothing is blocking the magma weapon pipes. The engine is breaking. The readers are in the fetal position. This refers to a hole in the universe opening up in the fortress Roomcarnage, chapter 30-something.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 11, 2014, 06:26:32 pm »

Sorry all, but I have to nominate Demongate.

Demongate: The spritiual successor to Steelhold, which expands upon the world as created in Steelhold.  Join the Olympians, the Beast Hunters, escaped demonic spirits, and the knights of St. Zane as they struggle to stay alive in a world filled with myth and intruige, with the ever-present (but never realized) threat of invasion by the fabled bloodkin hanging over their heads every minute.

I'm sure someone else can write a better description, but that's the one I'll put out there.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 67