Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 590931 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #810 on: September 11, 2014, 09:31:28 pm »

-1 Hall of Legends. Recursive linking isn't really something I support, especially for something as important as the Hall.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 11, 2014, 11:24:46 pm »

I have to agree. -1 for the Hall of Legends - it doesn't serve any real purpose for it to be here.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 11, 2014, 11:55:31 pm »

+1 to Roomcarnage

-1 to Hall of Legends. It is an artifact listing of Dwarf bone with Dwarf bone cabochons. Engraved upon it is an image of the Hall of Legends in Troll bone.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 12, 2014, 11:06:34 am »

If so many people are honestly against the addition of the hall, then I retract my vote. Vague amusement is only a good argument for it if it's vague amusement most people can appreciate.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 12, 2014, 11:42:30 am »

Sorry all, but I have to nominate Demongate.

Demongate: The spritiual successor to Steelhold, which expands upon the world as created in Steelhold.  Join the Olympians, the Beast Hunters, escaped demonic spirits, and the knights of St. Zane as they struggle to stay alive in a world filled with myth and intruige, with the ever-present (but never realized) threat of invasion by the fabled bloodkin hanging over their heads every minute.

I'm sure someone else can write a better description, but that's the one I'll put out there.

Challenge accepted??

Demongate: Steelhold 2. The last big succession fort of 34.11 on Bay12, featuring all the community generated lore of Steelhold with at least twice the competence. Join the dwarves working for or against a drunken illuminati-esque society known as the Evening Prayer Group as they set out to defeat; monsters that apparently all died out in worldgen, substance abuse issues, a mysterious hellfort full of zombies that most certainly does not exist, pointless interpersonal dramatics and, most dangerous of all, the thread's unsatiable lust for Overseer bloodshed.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 12, 2014, 03:51:16 pm »

Add something about the revolving door to the afterlife and you've got it spot on.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 13, 2014, 10:31:47 pm »

Isn't Demongate covered in the Steelhold saga links, though? I suppose it's worthy of being a standalone story at this point, though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 14, 2014, 02:02:15 am »

Isn't Demongate covered in the Steelhold saga links, though? I suppose it's worthy of being a standalone story at this point, though.
The "Steelhold" link leads to CubeJackal's original thread. The "continuing saga" link leads to "The Insidious Sons of Steelhold." If you ask me, it would be better and more accurate to simply label both threads as "Part 1" and "Part 2."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:05:39 am by Gnorm »
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 14, 2014, 02:09:51 am »

+1 Roomcarnage, where nothing is wrong, so so wrong.

Ornstein

• Bay Watcher
  • Glory to the RNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 14, 2014, 11:54:02 pm »

Forgive me if I breech protocol, but I would like to nominate Brosef Stalin's "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin."

I have shed tears over her fate, watched with increasing trepidation over her fate, and though I know there can be only one outcome, I dread the inevitability of her demise. This is a damn good story.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124664.0
And so he linked the !!flame!!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 20, 2014, 11:34:01 am »

+1 for roomcarnaged

i already voted when it was first introduced but it wasn't officially nominated yet so my vote didn't count
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 03, 2014, 06:10:05 am »

incase I mistakenly voted before roomcarnage was eligible for votes +1 for roomcarnage
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 04, 2014, 06:25:23 pm »

I love Roomcarnage
+1 for Roomcarnage
I love Roomcarnage
Carnage
This thread is why I love dwarf fortress. We start at engravings of wagons and end up using necromancy to raise them from the dead, and were-wagons.
I jumped off a ramp in a cave and exploded.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 05, 2014, 04:53:53 pm »

Forgive me if I breech protocol, but I would like to nominate Brosef Stalin's "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin."

I have shed tears over her fate, watched with increasing trepidation over her fate, and though I know there can be only one outcome, I dread the inevitability of her demise. This is a damn good story.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124664.0

I don't know the update schedule of the thread but +1 for "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #824 on: October 06, 2014, 11:06:39 pm »

Has anyone nominated The Littlest Cheesemaker yet?

EDIT: Also, if Vanod hasn't been mentioned, I would like to.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 11:08:47 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 67