Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 590984 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #840 on: November 07, 2014, 04:50:05 pm »

I vote for demongate it's not there right now but it's an awesome story. You should definitely read it.
Erm...
demongate is in here.  I put it up a while back.
I don't see it anywhere, but it should probably be here, considering other series are here and Demongate is Steelhold's sequel.
It's not listed as being up for voting, but that me because Monk hasn't updated. It's up for voting now.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 22, 2014, 03:34:30 pm »

Has anyone nominated The Littlest Cheesemaker yet?

EDIT: Also, if Vanod hasn't been mentioned, I would like to.
Both are deserving, though I'd give TLCM some more time to progress.

Cloudsprite probably deserves consideration as well.

The littlest CheeseMaker is definitely worthy of recognition
hamster cheese supplies are low

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 05, 2014, 01:29:10 pm »

The Eternal Halls, Reclaim of Battlefailed, Towersoared, Choose Your Own DF, Flamebanner, Blockedlance, Migrursut, Geshud Osod, and Brightwater all haven't had any posts within the past year or appear to have been abandoned, looking at their last posts. They should probably be moved into the Finished/Abandoned category so people don't get disappointed when they click on an "Active" one just to find something that hasn't had posts for years.

I didn't look into any of the categories past the first post but there are probably some not-really-active "active" ones there too.

For reference, Geshud Osod is not dead. I'm still working on it but haven't been posting due to real-life time constraints. The fortress is progressing but, I'll be honest, I shot myself in the foot when I chose a whole embark map.  :-[ I hope to be posting again here in a few weeks and should be able to finish it up in a year or so, given current time restrictions. (Keep in mind that since I started it I have had 3 kids, graduated twice, and gotten a job, and a house. Be patient, I will finish it.)
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 07, 2014, 01:10:48 pm »

+1 for both 'Roomcarnage' & 'Demongate', they are both deserving.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 08, 2014, 10:59:00 pm »

The Eternal Halls, Reclaim of Battlefailed, Towersoared, Choose Your Own DF, Flamebanner, Blockedlance, Migrursut, Geshud Osod, and Brightwater all haven't had any posts within the past year or appear to have been abandoned, looking at their last posts. They should probably be moved into the Finished/Abandoned category so people don't get disappointed when they click on an "Active" one just to find something that hasn't had posts for years.

I didn't look into any of the categories past the first post but there are probably some not-really-active "active" ones there too.

For reference, Geshud Osod is not dead. I'm still working on it but haven't been posting due to real-life time constraints. The fortress is progressing but, I'll be honest, I shot myself in the foot when I chose a whole embark map.  :-[ I hope to be posting again here in a few weeks and should be able to finish it up in a year or so, given current time restrictions. (Keep in mind that since I started it I have had 3 kids, graduated twice, and gotten a job, and a house. Be patient, I will finish it.)

Let me get this straight.

You have a life, and you are attempting to play dwarf fortress regardless.

I think... I think I might be scared of you.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 11, 2014, 09:29:08 pm »

Great Scott but I'm behind with this. Let's get to it.

+1 roomcarnage, because Zombies, Glaciers, Magma and Dwarf fortress variety !science! make one hell of a combination.
-1 the Hall of Legends.
+1 Roomcarnage. Engraved in GIFS is a picture of readers and The Nothing. The Nothing is blocking the magma weapon pipes. The engine is breaking. The readers are in the fetal position. This refers to a hole in the universe opening up in the fortress Roomcarnage, chapter 30-something.
+1 to Roomcarnage

-1 to Hall of Legends. It is an artifact listing of Dwarf bone with Dwarf bone cabochons. Engraved upon it is an image of the Hall of Legends in Troll bone.
+1 Roomcarnage, where nothing is wrong, so so wrong.
+1 for roomcarnaged

i already voted when it was first introduced but it wasn't officially nominated yet so my vote didn't count
incase I mistakenly voted before roomcarnage was eligible for votes +1 for roomcarnage
I love Roomcarnage
+1 for Roomcarnage
I love Roomcarnage
Carnage
I heartily vote for roomcarnage... that one is almost eery... A volcano on a glacier with a magma weapon, hordes of zombies and a zombie mayor...
Roomcarnage!!

'nuff said.
Roomcarnage+1
+1 for Roomcarnage!

Votes added! Roomcarnage has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr*

I can't help but notice that moltenchannels is lacking one vote. It can have mine!

Vote added! Moltenchannels has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr*

I don't know if it's fair for me to nominate this thread since i have recently taken interest in it to the point of participation, but i believe dwarf fortress from scratch deserves a look.

Basically some modder (halfling) decided to delete the entire raws folder from the game, put whatever the game needed to physically run into place, then posted it on google for any modder to tamper with and tweak. the only real guideline is "it's scifi themed." After finally learning how to read the raws, i have realized it is a mass of abominations and mad scientists nightmares wandering around a deserted wasteland of a planet, sustained only by carnage.... on the rare chance you won't meet imperialistic alien civilizations, or Insectoid overlords, you will get to enjoy the local wildlife.... or they will enjoy you... eating you that is
Halfling started the first one, for 34.x, with a fantasy theme. The second (current one) has nothing to do with Halfling anymore, and has 2 forks, one of which is sci-fi while the other is a continuation of the content from the 34.x version. The sci-fi one is currently much more active, though it may use some vanilla raws.

Now that you mention it, though, I would like to nominate Dwarf Fortress From Scratch, it churned up some pretty creative and awesome stuff. Armored land squid, petrifying-gaze insects, dirigible antelope, weaponized alchemic incense, mutant trolls, and a stupefyingly large variety of dragons, just to name a few.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0 The first version
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140715.0 Second one

Nominated, currently as a single entry. Dwarf Fortress from Scratch v1 v2 is eligible to receive votes; if you believe these threads are worthy of induction into the Hall of Legends, vote now!

Sorry all, but I have to nominate Demongate.

Demongate: The spritiual successor to Steelhold, which expands upon the world as created in Steelhold.  Join the Olympians, the Beast Hunters, escaped demonic spirits, and the knights of St. Zane as they struggle to stay alive in a world filled with myth and intruige, with the ever-present (but never realized) threat of invasion by the fabled bloodkin hanging over their heads every minute.

I'm sure someone else can write a better description, but that's the one I'll put out there.

-suggested-
Demongate: Steelhold 2. The last big succession fort of 34.11 on Bay12, featuring all the community generated lore of Steelhold with at least twice the competence. Join the dwarves working for or against a drunken illuminati-esque society known as the Evening Prayer Group as they set out to defeat; monsters that apparently all died out in worldgen, substance abuse issues, a mysterious hellfort full of zombies that most certainly does not exist, pointless interpersonal dramatics and, most dangerous of all, the thread's unsatiable lust for Overseer bloodshed.
I vote for demongate it's not there right now but it's an awesome story. You should definitely read it.
+1 for both 'Roomcarnage' & 'Demongate', they are both deserving.

Nominated and voted for! Demongate: Steelhold 2 is eligible to receive votes; if you believe that this thread is worthy of induction into the Hall of Legends, cast your vote now!

Forgive me if I breech protocol, but I would like to nominate Brosef Stalin's "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin."

I have shed tears over her fate, watched with increasing trepidation over her fate, and though I know there can be only one outcome, I dread the inevitability of her demise. This is a damn good story.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124664.0

I don't know the update schedule of the thread but +1 for "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin."
+1 for The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin.

Nominated! The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin is eligible to receive votes; if you believe this thread is worthy of induction into the Hall of Legends, vote now!

Adventures on Monster Island has been nominated and is eligible to receive votes!

The Littlest Cheesmaker has been talked about, but not actually linked to as yet.

Entries updated, and thank you!

The Black Cat Brewery, The Adventures of Likot Soapeater, and The Hall of Legends have all failed to meet the requisite number of votes in a year's time and have all been stricken from the Nominee's List.

Hetarios's Wirejade: An Uninvited Gust [SPOILERS] is in danger of suffering a similar fate; if it does not meet the requisite number of votes within the next month it will be stricken from the Nominee's List. If you believe this thread is worthy of induction into the Hall of Legends, vote now!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 12, 2014, 03:59:55 pm »

+1 for Wirejade, +1 for Demongate, +1 for Dumplin

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 12, 2014, 04:08:47 pm »

+1 for DF From Scratch
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 12, 2014, 06:10:42 pm »

+1 for dumplin
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 12, 2014, 07:38:07 pm »

+1 for dumplin
+1 for TLCM when it comes on
+1 Vanod
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:59:08 am by RoaryStar »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 13, 2014, 04:46:16 am »

Eh? Vanod wasn't in the Hall already? +1
Dumplin +1
Demongate +1
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 13, 2014, 01:19:19 pm »

Oh yes, cannot forget Vanod! +1
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 13, 2014, 01:20:33 pm »

Great Scott but I'm behind with this. Let's get to it.

Adventures on Monster Island has been nominated and is eligible to receive votes!

The Littlest Cheesmaker has been talked about, but not actually linked to as yet.

Huzza, list is updated!  Very happy about Roomcarnage :)

So, a link for the Littlest Cheesemaker?  there you go:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136384.0

It's an interactive story, where the author *draws* the story and viewers make suggestions for what comes next.  It's proven quite engaging so far.  There also has been a fair bit of fan art posted in there too, some of which is absolutely hilarious. 
hamster cheese supplies are low

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 20, 2014, 08:55:00 pm »

+1 for Dumplin

Very happy as well about Roomcarnage.

I would like to nominate Doomforests.  If you want to know why... just go read the thread.  It's the most fun I've had reading a fort since the reclaim of Battlefailed!
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

darokindefender

• Bay Watcher
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 27, 2014, 11:04:04 pm »

+1 For WireJade!  Preserve the madness!
Wait how did that even happen?

Oh ... nevermind. Apparently the one year old Kivish Ilidcatten is strong enough to take on a GCS. I don't even...
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 67