Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 590506 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #945 on: September 10, 2015, 08:26:01 pm »

+1 Tholtig

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 18, 2015, 04:19:31 pm »

Just wanted to say that the current summary of Doomforests doesn't do it as much justice as it could, so I wrote this:

Doomforests is a hilarious and tragic tale of Forgotten Beasts killing dwarves, Forgotten Beasts killing other Forgotten Beasts, soap worshipers, wars between occult sects, an inquisition, a rutile hat, and a friendly goblin who has seen more tragedies than any living dwarf. Doomforests is, and forever will be, a clusterfuck of ideologies, buildings, hallways, strip mines, hallways, offices, and hallways that will continue to grow until each and every dwarf in the fortress eventually dies. And sometimes, dies again. Abnormality is so commonplace that there may as well be no such thing.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 26, 2015, 11:56:55 pm »

Right. +1 Doomforests. It's really all about the writing the members do, especially as FPS problems have reared their ugly heads, the community has done a lot to fill in any gaps.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:58:41 pm by De »
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 28, 2015, 10:46:19 pm »

Just wanted to say that the current summary of Doomforests doesn't do it as much justice as it could, so I wrote this:

Doomforests is a hilarious and tragic tale of Forgotten Beasts killing dwarves, Forgotten Beasts killing other Forgotten Beasts, soap worshipers, wars between occult sects, an inquisition, a rutile hat, and a friendly goblin who has seen more tragedies than any living dwarf. Doomforests is, and forever will be, a clusterfuck of ideologies, buildings, hallways, strip mines, hallways, offices, and hallways that will continue to grow until each and every dwarf in the fortress eventually dies. And sometimes, dies again. Abnormality is so commonplace that there may as well be no such thing.

Well said.  The way I usually sum up the fort is as follows.  (Spoiler warning for people who haven't read very far in yet)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 06, 2015, 09:06:25 pm »

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not see OceanShoots in the list.  If it is not, I would like to formally nominate this amazing (if apparently over-looked) bit of Dwarven Engineering; http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101795.0

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 06, 2015, 11:11:33 pm »

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not see OceanShoots in the list.  If it is not, I would like to formally nominate this amazing (if apparently over-looked) bit of Dwarven Engineering; http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101795.0
This is indeed something that belongs in the dwarven ingenuity section. Right next to the mermaid-harvesting program, actually.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 08, 2015, 02:46:25 pm »

So Gemclod is gone for now. Anybody have an archive?
Edit
This'll have to do
Not sure if it's missing anything though.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:50:09 pm by Again_Dejavu »
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 13, 2015, 04:41:09 pm »

'Epic Adventure At The Dawn Of Time' should be moved to Finished/Abandoned.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 18, 2015, 05:49:43 am »

I'm not sure where it fits, but Whisperwhip should really be added to this list. We could do it as a 50th birthday present while the inhabitants feast on their local cuisine consisting entirely of forgotten beast meat: eighty down, eight hundred and twenty to go.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #954 on: October 23, 2015, 11:57:54 am »

add necrothreat iii to this. it deserves it.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 23, 2015, 12:27:08 pm »

add necrothreat iii to this. it deserves it.
Its a little early, but I'll second it
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 23, 2015, 01:10:21 pm »

Thirded.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 23, 2015, 01:19:42 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 23, 2015, 01:21:44 pm »

Fifthed

Firsted :P

It's past a month, I believe?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:27:45 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 23, 2015, 02:50:05 pm »

Quote from: Nomination Process
To be eligible for nomination, the nominator (that's you) merely needs to post a link to the nominee, as well as a brief summary. It is considered bad form to nominate your own threads. Nominees need not be from a specific part of the Bay12 forums, nor is their format or subject matter a consideration- it merely needs to be worthy of preservation. Nominees that are not local to the Bay12 forums should be marked as such. To avoid suspicion of favoritism, I shall neither nominate nor vote for any nominee, no matter how deserving. I reserve the right to trim/alter synopses as I see fit (mostly to maintain a reasonable length.)

Nominees will be added to a list of candidates, which will be maintained a post or two following this one. There, other forumites can view the candidate and determine whether it is worthy of inclusion in the Hall of Legends. Each candidate is ineligible to receive votes for its first month of candidacy
You all are doing it wrong.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 67