Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 588625 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #990 on: January 22, 2016, 12:58:46 pm »

+1, though it'll probably get stolen by the keas.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 15, 2016, 11:37:16 pm »

Two bad links that I noticed, under Community Forts. Here's the correct links:
Pirates of the Fondled Waters
All Dwarves Are Bastards

Looks like some URL syntax changes, but the topic ID numbers were good. Links could use a good going through, making repairs as needed.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: February 17, 2016, 08:47:23 pm »

+1 for Tholtig, that story makes me feel.
+1 Tholtig.
+1 Tholtig

Votes added!

Two bad links that I noticed, under Community Forts. Here's the correct links:
Pirates of the Fondled Waters
All Dwarves Are Bastards

Looks like some URL syntax changes, but the topic ID numbers were good. Links could use a good going through, making repairs as needed.

Links fixed!

Nominating my own story which has been really well-received so far: "How parrots ruined my fortress: Shocking coordination edition" http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155275.45
+1, though it'll probably get stolen by the keas.

Nominated and voted for!

Just noticed that 'Bacon Like A Pro' has made the nominees.  Big +1 on that.
+1
+1 to bacon
+1 Bacon

Votes added! Bacon like a pro has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr*

How is Bacon like a Pro not already in the HoF?
+1 to bacon.

On a related note and with all the fuss about dwarf libraries and books lately, I'm nominating Dwarven Academy of Science: The New Knowledge Center for the Hall of Fame. A compendium of community research and science projects, with a bevy of creative and innovative research and findings that push the frontiers of dwarven science and technology. Recommended reading and a good reference point for any dwarven mad scientist.

I just wish it was more up to date, but it is still relevant.

Just wanted to say that the current summary of Doomforests doesn't do it as much justice as it could, so I wrote this:

Doomforests is a hilarious and tragic tale of Forgotten Beasts killing dwarves, Forgotten Beasts killing other Forgotten Beasts, soap worshipers, wars between occult sects, an inquisition, a rutile hat, and a friendly goblin who has seen more tragedies than any living dwarf. Doomforests is, and forever will be, a clusterfuck of ideologies, buildings, hallways, strip mines, hallways, offices, and hallways that will continue to grow until each and every dwarf in the fortress eventually dies. And sometimes, dies again. Abnormality is so commonplace that there may as well be no such thing.
Right. +1 Doomforests. It's really all about the writing the members do, especially as FPS problems have reared their ugly heads, the community has done a lot to fill in any gaps.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not see OceanShoots in the list.  If it is not, I would like to formally nominate this amazing (if apparently over-looked) bit of Dwarven Engineering; http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101795.0

Nominated!

I'm just gonna sidle in here and nominate Breadbowl: a Succession Farm.

An aboveground farming-based fort which exports each and every ounce of food whenever a caravan stopped by, Breadbowl soon became menaced by goblins, titans, and worst of all, Giant Hamsters.
I'll second Breadbowl.

It should be Giant Hamsters, though.
Yeah, sure, Breadbowl +1

Nominated and votes added!

So Gemclod is gone for now. Anybody have an archive?
Edit
This'll have to do
Not sure if it's missing anything though.
The Gemclod link in the first post of this thread needs an update: http://gregshort.net/goondorfs/gemclod/index.html

Link fixed!

'Epic Adventure At The Dawn Of Time' should be moved to Finished/Abandoned.

Updated!

A bit old by this point, but I've gone back and fixed all the image links for Journey of Deebus.

Appreciated!

Fine.

Necrothreat III: A land in which the forces of Ur and Armok once more ravage the land. So far, we have seen the undead Thread Zombies attack the last bastion of Forumites. Sprin, the evil doctor of the fort, has lost his beloved Jenny in a terrible accident - his thirst for blood knows no bounds. The man we thought would tear the fortress down brick by brick instead builds it up again, the tears of the Threadromancers his mortar. This is a fortress of fire, of blood and death. And, ultimately, of hope. For the stout Forumites are not accustomed to yielding to fate.
add necrothreat iii to this. it deserves it.
Its a little early, but I'll second it
Thirded.
Fourthed.
Fifthed

Firsted :P

It's past a month, I believe?
+1, becuase I forgot about this
+1

Nominated, votes added, and inducted! Necrothreat III has been inducted into the Hall of Legend! *dadurrr*

With that final update, I feel it is time for me to pass the torch as curator of the Hall of Legends. It's been more than 5 months since the last time I found time for an update, and not only is that not a pace I expect to improve upon going forward, it's unacceptable for this thread and this forum. I've had a good run, but it's time for someone more involved to step up.

If you're interested in volunteering to manage the Hall of Legends going forward, speak up!

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 18, 2016, 12:09:54 am »

And so comes the passing of an era. Monk's Hall, 2011-2016. You will be missed. Still, I'd like to point out that Doomforests is a Succession Fort, not a Community Game :P.

Glad and surprised that Breadbowl is up for nomination, though being one of its overseers it'd probably be in bad taste if I were to add my vote. All I can say is that it's a different sort of tale - one of daily life and struggles, rather than that of spiraling insanity and chaos (at least so far).

+1 Oceanshoots

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 18, 2016, 12:15:11 am »

And so comes the passing of an era. Monk's Hall, 2011-2016. You will be missed. Still, I'd like to point out that Doomforests is a Succession Fort, not a Community Game :P.

Glad and surprised that Breadbowl is up for nomination, though being one of its overseers it'd probably be in bad taste if I were to add my vote. All I can say is that it's a different sort of tale - one of daily life and struggles, rather than that of spiraling insanity and chaos (at least so far).

+1 Oceanshoots
Obviously you've failed to notice the hamsters...

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 18, 2016, 12:18:46 am »

That's why I decided to nominate before my turn came up.  ;)
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 18, 2016, 12:35:04 am »

I'm TEMPTED to take on the torch, as I am on quite regularly, but I don't think I fully understand the formula... If you think the job is easy but just takes time, then I will step forward
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 18, 2016, 01:46:07 pm »

I'm willing to volunteer. Already have some experience running the RTD hall.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: February 18, 2016, 02:43:42 pm »

That's why I decided to nominate before my turn came up.  ;)

+1 Breadbowl - I re-read it for all those times I wasted playing Farmville in FB.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: February 18, 2016, 03:03:23 pm »

I'm TEMPTED to take on the torch, as I am on quite regularly, but I don't think I fully understand the formula... If you think the job is easy but just takes time, then I will step forward

The only reason the more rigid process exists is because of the enthusiasm that sprang up when I took over the thread those years ago, and little bits to make managing that process a bit easier on myself. It's the kind of thing that could be safely amended or removed at the discretion of the new curator, I think.

I'm willing to volunteer. Already have some experience running the RTD hall.

I do respect the work you've done taking over that thread, and I know the Hall will enjoy further years of Legends in your capable hands. Let me know when you've got the new thread set up to your satisfaction, and I'll lock this one and we can pm Toady about the sticky swap.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: February 18, 2016, 03:45:03 pm »

Buh...

Post the link here first.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 18, 2016, 08:39:41 pm »

I was going to volunteer to carry on, but I think we're in good hands :)  That said, the newly inducted Bacon currently links to 'All Dwarfs Are Bastards'.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 18, 2016, 08:48:57 pm »

Yes. Yes it does. And is not all as it should be?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 27, 2016, 11:13:07 pm »

The new thread is up.
Thanks for doing such a great job Monk12.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: February 28, 2016, 05:41:22 pm »

You heard the man, everybody- all aboard the new thread! I've shot Toady a pm about swapping the stickies; once that's resolved I'll lock this thread to prevent confusion/necromancy.

Thank you, good luck, and good night.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]