Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 588585 times)

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 07:59:55 am »

I cast a vote for The Life and Times of Reginald Goblinstomper, Elephant at Large to be included.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 10:31:19 am »

I cannot recall if I voted for Reginald Goblinstomper in the last thread.  I'm almost positive I did, but in the event I didn't, I hereby cast my vote now.
I remember that, it was an awesome read. I vote for it, but are you going to finish the backstory to make it complete?
I cast a vote for The Life and Times of Reginald Goblinstomper, Elephant at Large to be included.

Votes added.

Ello strange roleplay peoples. Been a long time since i've posted here.

I recently dug up my forum past and was reacquainted with my community topic Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life. With this topic getting some new life thrown into it I thought i'd bring it up if anyone wants to vote on it.

Some info:

Started.. wow, over 2 years ago now. Played using 40d, was the first dwarf vs dwarf tournament fighting thread, a heavy focus on detailed story-like battles with dwarven commentary and took place on a fort called The City of Worship, some screenshots below.

Spoiler: The City of Worship (click to show/hide)

It's sortof finished and sortof unfinished. Abandoned because it took far too much work on my part to keep going but was pretty much finished fight-wise with only the backstory incomplete.

Nominated.

I've also redone the Nominees section slightly- the total number of votes will display the names of individual votes if you hover over it, so if you don't see your name somewhere it should be, give a holler.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 11:00:07 am »

I didn't mean to cast a vote on my own topic (I don't think that's allowed, is it?), was just necroing it via this thread. Unless someone went old-topic digging I don't think it would've ever been brought up  ;).

On the topic of tournament threads, are there any that anyone here might recommend reading? I've skimmed some but never really read any, curious to see how they've incorperated arena mode.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 11:18:38 am »

+1 vote to Severedcoils and Legend of Ungrashzon.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 11:39:28 am »

+1 for You have found...
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 12:56:30 pm »

I forgot that I had uploaded that Boatmurdered PDF to the DFFD.

You have found... - Guy finds shiny thing, asks what it is in a thread, hilarity ensues.  1 vote

Two Three now. Also seconding Failcannon.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 03:26:23 pm »

I got to checking out some tournaments threads, then some more, then somehow I ended up with a calalogue of all the threads I could find. Funny how that happens.

What i've learned: History repeats itself. By that I mean nobody learns from the previous tournament topics and most end up abandoning their project after seeing how much work they are. I thought that arena mode would make things easier but Warriors of Armok is still the longest (content-wise) one out there. Pity, they can be lots of fun when done right.

If WoA or any other tournament fighting thread got inducted, should they belong in their own catagory do you guys think?

Anyways this is what I ended up with. Only topics that actually had fights are listed.

Not including my own I think Deadliest Dwarf and Arena Battles were the best. I'd like to go so far as nominating Deadliest Dwarf. It had a really good run and though inspired by my thread took the idea down its own path of greatness.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:04:44 pm by BloodBeard »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 05:22:24 pm »

Regarding Copperblazes:

Quote from: Markavian, on the DFMA page
@Partydwarf, this was a v21.105.21 (2D) (Or there abouts) version of Dwarf Fortress from 2006/2007.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 12:18:53 am »

+1 vote to Severedcoils and Legend of Ungrashzon.
+1 for You have found...
I forgot that I had uploaded that Boatmurdered PDF to the DFFD.

You have found... - Guy finds shiny thing, asks what it is in a thread, hilarity ensues.  1 vote

Two Three now. Also seconding Failcannon.

Votes tabulated.

I got to checking out some tournaments threads, then some more, then somehow I ended up with a calalogue of all the threads I could find. Funny how that happens.

What i've learned: History repeats itself. By that I mean nobody learns from the previous tournament topics and most end up abandoning their project after seeing how much work they are. I thought that arena mode would make things easier but Warriors of Armok is still the longest (content-wise) one out there. Pity, they can be lots of fun when done right.

If WoA or any other tournament fighting thread got inducted, should they belong in their own catagory do you guys think?

Anyways this is what I ended up with. Only topics that actually had fights are listed.

Not including my own I think Deadliest Dwarf and Arena Battles were the best. I'd like to go so far as nominating Deadliest Dwarf. It had a really good run and though inspired by my thread took the idea down its own path of greatness.

Deadliest Dwarf- nominated, and thanks for looking all those up! Nominating your own thread is allowed, just somewhat tacky. I've been counting nominations as one vote, unless the nominee specifically says "I'm not voting for it" (thus far this has happened with you and Jiru Petru's Gemclod.)

Regarding Copperblazes:

Quote from: Markavian, on the DFMA page
@Partydwarf, this was a v21.105.21 (2D) (Or there abouts) version of Dwarf Fortress from 2006/2007.

Corrected.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 12:41:19 am »

+1 vote for The Life and Times of Reginald Goblinstomper, Elephant at Large. Very underrated.

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2011, 09:57:19 am »

+1 vote for The Life and Times of Reginald Goblinstomper, Elephant at Large. Very underrated.
Ditto.
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 12:39:59 am »

Ditto.

Votes added.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2011, 12:42:18 am »

Voting for 'you have found', failcannon, and ungrashzon
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2011, 02:22:28 am »

Sixth vote for Reginald, here.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2011, 08:34:04 pm »

Voting for 'you have found', failcannon, and ungrashzon
Sixth vote for Reginald, here.

Votes added.

The Life and Times of Reginald Goblinstomper, Elephant at Large has been inducted to the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr!*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67