Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 591143 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #285 on: December 14, 2011, 07:11:54 pm »

Not really. I'm doing it just fine on archive.com
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 14, 2011, 07:34:15 pm »

And can you move the files on Archive.com?
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 14, 2011, 11:58:28 pm »

Well, I know it's too soon, and that it has been desestimated just two days ago, but due to recent.. events, I think it is now fair to request a place here for Hellcannon.
Why? Well, this!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Like I said...

WHAT THE FUCK!!?!?!???!?!

Let's face it - if it had happened in Failcannon, nobody would even look twice at it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 15, 2011, 12:26:17 am »

I would have. How the hell am I supposed to build doomsday devices without miners and mechanics!?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 15, 2011, 07:25:48 am »

Well, I know it's too soon, and that it has been desestimated just two days ago, but due to recent.. events, I think it is now fair to request a place here for Hellcannon.
Why? Well, this!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Like I said...

WHAT THE FUCK!!?!?!???!?!

Let's face it - if it had happened in Failcannon, nobody would even look twice at it.

I agree that they should wait a bit longer, I'm just wondering what sort of glitch that is...
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 15, 2011, 07:27:04 pm »

How could swordthunders not be on this list? We're talking about a fortress that defeated the Hidden Fun Stuff. Seriously, this fortress obsidianized the clown car and walled off the circus and the fun pits, and grew strawberries down there. Anyone have the link?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2011, 07:54:03 pm »

It's there in the first post, near the bottom, under "Dwarven Ingenuity."
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #292 on: December 16, 2011, 02:05:45 pm »

Under Aussie guys checkerboard :P

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 16, 2011, 06:21:54 pm »

Derp. Sorry.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 26, 2011, 08:32:54 pm »

Legend of Lagdon is pretty cool. I'll replace one of the votes.

No offense if it truely is a story that deserves to be on the same page as Boatmurdered and Nist Akath, I haven't read it, but I personally don't think someone who would create multiple accounts to vote his own story in should be rewarded with induction even if more people vote on it.

On the same subject I think people should be a lot more picky about what they vote in in general. Before the renewal of this topic (and when the old one was still being updated) an induction was a rare thing indeed and a big deal. It seems more that a fort or story gets inducted more because it's popular then legendary, and i'm saying this right up to my own topic which was pretty new with not much to show for and should probably have stood the test of time before being considered. Some of the people who voted it in like The Master I think never even posted in it.

I'll go so far as to request that Cyberdorf Systems be removed and a set minimum of months be put in before being allowed to be nominated. 2 months maybe?

Basically, be picky! This is the Hall of Legends, not the Hall of Popular.

(no offence to the people who voted in my topic, just knowing that you like it is enough and I thank you)

After reading posts like this (and after thinking similar thoughts,) I've decided to introduce a format change for the Hall. The hardline solution would be to disallow "active participants" from voting for that particular topic- At this time, I've decided NOT to pursue that option because, especially for the collaborative community threads, the people who discover the legendary thread are quite likely to subsequently become active participants. Instead, we'll introduce a waiting period where a nominated thread is visible in the list of Nominees, but is not eligible for votes. Thread nomination and eligibility will thus be handled at the first of each month.

In theory, this will at least take the edge off the "new thread let's vote for it" thing we've got going on. If it remains a problem, then we'll explore alternate options. It is worth noting that a nomination is no longer an automatic vote in favor, although the person who nominated the thread for consideration is allowed to vote for it once it becomes eligible.

This format change will not effect current Hall of Legends members, with the exception of Cyberdorf Computing by express request of the author. The latest Nominees (Hellcannon, Cyberdorf Computing, I Killed a Bronze Colossus etc etc) will be stripped of votes, counted as nominated in December and will become eligible for votes in January (so just a couple days now.)

The Legend of Lagdon, however, will be removed from the Hall for demonstrable voting misconduct. Because its removal is significantly less honorable than Cyberdorf Computing's removal, its renomination will be pushed back until next month. As such, it will not be eligible to receive votes until February- hopefully the thread will then be judged based on its own merits, rather than the disgrace of its author.

monk12, would you mind a quick edit to the Checkerboard reference?  Could you change it to "ThatAussieGuy kills the clown car with a boardgame, and then goes on to build a town in Hell in the same thread"? Turns out there's another forumite with a surprisingly similar name.

It is done.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 02, 2012, 10:17:56 pm »

Happy New Year everybody, I hope your various indiscretions were as entertaining as mine.

A new year, a new month, and that means new nominees are eligible under our new format. Hellcannon, Cyberdorf Systems: Dwarfputing an AI, and I killed a Bronze Colossus, and you'll never guess how are all newly eligible. Threads nominated during this month will become eligible in March.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 02, 2012, 10:23:07 pm »

I vote for the fluffy wambler.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 02, 2012, 10:58:47 pm »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 02, 2012, 11:06:59 pm »

Still wondered why it wasn't in here. Practically, this is nearly a year ago.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 02, 2012, 11:13:35 pm »

Still wondered why it wasn't in here. Practically, this is nearly a year ago.

I did nominate it, but just in case...
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 67