Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 591159 times)

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #480 on: November 01, 2012, 04:20:12 pm »

I'll lend a vote towards Hellcannon.

Noticed Soaplanterns mentioned in one of the early posts here...I sure miss that place. =(
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 01, 2012, 08:52:18 pm »

Going to add a vote to the Hellcannon nomination.
Only one vote for Hellcannon so far?

Seconded.  Any fort that lived at 0 population deserves mention.

I'm too lazy to update my nomination with the rest of the epic stuff that happened in the fort. Would you like to take care of that?

Here's one.
Spoiler: Hellcannon Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll lend a vote towards Hellcannon.

Noticed Soaplanterns mentioned in one of the early posts here...I sure miss that place. =(
I'll be number 5 for adventure guy.

Votes added, and description updated! Do note that 6 votes is the threshold for Hall induction.

I lend my weighty, years-old forum membership whole heartedly to the vote for SeveredCoils! It deserves inclusion. More focused on narrative than the blood, gore, and chaos that often defines a Dwarf Fortress tale -and yet not lacking that in the slightest.
I'd like to add another vote for Severedcoils, if only because my character in that fortress is the Philosopher.

Votes added! Severedcoils has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr*

Alrighty, new month means new threads are eligible to receive votes, and-

Voting for Spearbreakers.
A vote for Necrothreat, please.
I vote for the misadventures of the fourmites of Necrothreat
I vote for necrothreat.

Ahem. Votes added! As I was saying, Necrothreat, Spearbreakers, and Einsteinian Roulette are all eligible to receive votes. If you feel these threads are worthy of induction into the Hall of Legends, then cast your votes now!

Question; I see Severedcoils' nomination is listed under "December."  What happens in December?  Do I lose all of my votes, or only those given in that month?

We've been under the format for a full year now, and this is the first time we've encountered this situation- accordingly, I'll break down what's going to happen now. A nominee gets one year to accrue the 6 votes it needs for induction in the Hall of Legends. If it fails to accomplish this goal, then the link will be removed from the nominee's list, and lose its votes. Nominees removed in this way can be renominated, but they are treated as new nominees, including the standard 1 month wait period.

This month, a great number of threads are in jeopardy, since many of them were holdovers from before the old system. *deep breath* Craftwaters, Adventure Guy!, The Birth of an Artifact, Goblin Quest, The Hill of Deceivers, Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life, Deadliest Dwarf, Rimslaughters, Fourway Pileup Outside the Fortress, ARMOK'S GAUNTLET: Bloodfist, the Sky-Fortress of God, CryptIron, Project: Most Dragon, Arena Battles, Rockfalls the Depths of Volcanoes, YOU ARE WIZARD!, Evercage, the dwarven prison fort, Sungate, the Great Pyramid, Inmates, Skullcrusher Mountain, Deadiron, and Facepalm moments you had all must gain the requisite votes for induction this month, or be stricken from the nominees list. If you feel any of these threads are worthy of the Hall, now is the time to vote!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 01, 2012, 10:18:52 pm »

I vote for Spearbreakers.
Splint does too, but doesn't want to say it for his own thread.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 02, 2012, 04:54:39 am »

Gonna vote for Spearbreakers.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 02, 2012, 06:35:07 am »

A vote (and extra Mug) For Spearbreakers!!
Let the !!SCIENCE!! go on!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 02, 2012, 07:26:43 am »

Vote for Spearbreakers. Amazing writers, great people, and interesting things happen there. Also Spawn of Holistic a la Mr Frog!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 02, 2012, 07:59:20 am »

I don't feel I have the right to vote for either Spearbreakers or Necrothreat, as I've played an extensive role in founding both, but I will give a vote to "Facepalm Moments You Had" - not that it'll make that much of a difference, having only one vote so far. :P I got a lot of great laughs from that thread.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 02, 2012, 08:08:42 am »

I have to vote for Spearbreakers honestly it is one of the best forts I have read in a while (the spawn help) and even without their help every single dwarf is ALREADY nuts.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 02, 2012, 08:20:52 am »

I don't feel I have the right to vote for either Spearbreakers or Necrothreat, as I've played an extensive role in founding both, but I will give a vote to "Facepalm Moments You Had" - not that it'll make that much of a difference, having only one vote so far. :P I got a lot of great laughs from that thread.
It's stickied. I don't think a stickied thread needs to be listed in the Hall of Legends. XD

Vote for Spearbreakers. Amazing writers, great people, and interesting things happen there. Also Spawn of Holistic a la Mr Frog!
^ Also, this, and chalk one up for Einsteinian Roulette, where the newbies are raining textual hell on current destructive events. :P

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 02, 2012, 08:21:35 am »

It's stickied. I don't think a stickied thread needs to be listed in the Hall of Legends. XD
Didn't realize that - good point. :P
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 02, 2012, 12:43:09 pm »

I vote for Spearbreakers.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 02, 2012, 01:17:13 pm »

I vote for Spearbreakers as well, even though it probably already has enough to get into the Hall of Legends :p

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 02, 2012, 05:42:05 pm »

Amen.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 02, 2012, 10:59:29 pm »

Add another vote for Spearbreakers, just for good measure :-P
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 02, 2012, 11:06:13 pm »

Add another vote for Spearbreakers, just for good measure :-P
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 67