Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 587974 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #540 on: December 29, 2012, 06:44:16 pm »

For those nonbelievers:

Spoiler: Hellcannon (click to show/hide)

helf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 30, 2012, 12:20:34 am »

+1 for Hellcannon
YOUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, I got out of the map boundry!
OUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, a horrid monstrosity just migrated to my fortress! Let's recruit it!

Errant Gamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Errant Gamer cancels Post: Playing Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 30, 2012, 10:45:29 am »

+1 for Hellcannon.
+1 for Skyscrapes.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 02, 2013, 08:39:14 am »

+1 for !!DrunkFortress!!
+1 for Skyscrapes
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Archek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 02, 2013, 11:13:12 am »

+1 for Drunk Fortress

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 02, 2013, 11:28:15 am »

+1 for Drunk Fortress.  Try it, if you haven't :D
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 02, 2013, 05:27:14 pm »

Not being a DrunkFortress player myself, I can without guilt add my +1 for its hilarity.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 03, 2013, 05:53:23 am »

+1 for the little realm of broken insanity that is !!DRUNKFORTRESS!!

Errant Gamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Errant Gamer cancels Post: Playing Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 03, 2013, 12:34:49 pm »

Also +1 for DrunkFortress!

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 06, 2013, 12:58:08 pm »

+1 for Drunk Fortress, yes.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 06, 2013, 05:50:56 pm »

Yeah, a dwarf fortress played by humans trying to be dwarves.  You can guess who I'm voting for.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 06, 2013, 11:32:52 pm »

Sure.

I vote for hellcannon.
Ditto.

I mean Undead above ground AND below? How often does that happen?

Edit: +1 for Skyscrapes too. If that was real, it would be in at least the top 20 for the worlds tallest buildings. It's like Taipei 101 minus the top floor and the roof.
Haven't gotten around to reading Hellcannon yet, but I'll vote for Skyscrapes, for the sheer badassery of keeping aboveground construction consistent between years and players. Well, except when they didn't but Necromancers must piss themselves with envy at the great dwarven middle finger.

I'd feel stupid if I voted for my own thing, so I won't.

Actually, surviving at 0 pop? +1 for Hellcannon.
+1 for Hellcannon
+1 for Hellcannon.
+1 for Skyscrapes.

Votes added! Hellcannon has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrrr*

+1 for !!DrunkFortress!!
+1 for Skyscrapes

A bunch of votes for Skyscrapes added!

+1 for Drunk Fortress
+1 for Drunk Fortress.  Try it, if you haven't :D
Not being a DrunkFortress player myself, I can without guilt add my +1 for its hilarity.
+1 for the little realm of broken insanity that is !!DRUNKFORTRESS!!
Also +1 for DrunkFortress!
+1 for Drunk Fortress, yes.
Yeah, a dwarf fortress played by humans trying to be dwarves.  You can guess who I'm voting for.

Votes added! Drunk Fortress has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrrr*

aaaaand with that, the OP has broken the character limit. A fitting accomplishment for the new year- I knew I reserved those extra posts for a reason. Anywho, newly eligible for votes this month (apart from Drunk Fortress, which blew up the voting before I could even mention it) is The journey of Deebus, a kobold story. If you feel this thread is worthy of the Hall of Legends, vote now!

Finally, nominees in danger of being pruned at the end of the month. If The Legend of Lagdon does not receive the requisite number of votes by the end of the month, it will be removed from the list of nominees. If you feel this candidate is worthy of the Hall, vote now!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 07, 2013, 07:29:48 pm »

Deathgate has concluded and is no longer active.

Also, booyah for breaking the character limit.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 08, 2013, 08:01:20 pm »

I have a nomination for the Hall, an Epic Adventure at the Dawn of Time.  The idea, according to the author, is to "Gen a new HUGE world, and start playing from YEAR ONE.  That would mean super low population.  Super High Titan and mega beast population.  And it would mean each Dwarf is "the first of their kind"  No kids yet, no epic warriors, no time for anything. So EVERYTHING is new and from scratch."  It is the story of not one but many dwarves, and follows their quest as they attempt to found a fortress at the dawn of the world.

The quest has been divided into two parts.  The first uses adventure mode to create unique dwarves and bring them to the mountain home.  It is a community story, and players take turns creating a character and trying to bring them to the designated spot halfway across the world.  Most try and fail, but a few succeed.  Both the failures and triumphs are recorded on the thread linked above, or you can read the journeys so far in this PDF.  6 of the 7 necessary to found a fortress have been gathered, and the last will soon begin.

The second part, set to begin as soon as 7 have made it, will record their attempt to found a fortress at the dawn of time, and I look forward to their further adventures. The thread has been going on for almost a year, and I don't expect it to be finished any time soon! But what has transpired so far is enough for a recommendation to the hall.

(As a side note, I know dwarf fortress is not fleshed out enough for this to happen logistically.  When the fort is founded, 7 new dwarves will be introduced into the game.  But game mechanics are advanced enough so that the original 7 will eventually immigrate in to the fortress with their history intact.  It might take several years, but eventually the original 7 will be gathered again.)
Playing since 2007

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 09, 2013, 03:23:49 pm »

Must a thread be a year old before it's ready to be nominated? It doesn't say anything about that in the OP, but yet some threads are "eligible to be nominated"
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67