Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Lone Outpost (Sucession Game Sign up for a Turn now!)  (Read 3698 times)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Lone Outpost (Sucession Game Sign up for a Turn now!)
« on: July 20, 2011, 03:35:14 pm »

So, this is my first sucession game to host, I had a community game of this, but I couldnt keep up due to lack of time and some family issues.

BACKSTORY
The Dwarven civilization is failing, many new expeditions from the Mountianhomes have failed, due to the dwarves digging greedily and far too deep than they should of, or an abundance of goblins raiding the individual expedition outposts for plunder.A single dwarf, only known as "Conuis" has been asked by the royal king, due to having great leadership abilities aswell as fighting skills to lead an expedition into the lands and found a new outpost so the dwarven civilization may live a greater number of years from now and flourish. Conuis and 6 other dwarves must venture out into a freshwater swamp and make the outpost under heavy cirumstances.

Embark Site

RULES:
No opening up HFS unless the fort can handle it.
No griefing the fort when its your turn

Green = Turn Finished
Orange = Turn in Progress
Red = Waiting for their turn
One Turn=One Year
Turn List:

Carcanken [not a full year due to some issues, but a basic area is dug out and farms are ready.]
-Open
highzealot
electriger
-Open

edit: How do I upload the file to DFFD? I click the browse button, find the save of the file (region 3) then I right click and press select and it doesnt put it in the bar to upload to DFFD, what do I do?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:58:22 pm by Carcanken »

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: A Lone Outpost (Sucession Game Sign up for a Turn now!)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 03:37:11 pm »

I'm taking the third turn.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 03:47:48 pm »

First Turn

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

electriger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 03:51:47 pm »

I'd take the fourth turn(or the actual third, in case 'highzealot' is doing his own now.)

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 04:23:03 pm »

Well I'm going after the person who decides to go next and to upload you need to put it in a zip file.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 04:25:02 pm »

I will take the second turn, unless you finish yours before ~Monday. I won't be able to play until then. Also, be warned that I don't have a lot of hope for the FPS on this thing, as 5x5 is three times the area of my usual embark of 3x3.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 11:22:49 pm »

I will take the second turn, unless you finish yours before ~Monday. I won't be able to play until then. Also, be warned that I don't have a lot of hope for the FPS on this thing, as 5x5 is three times the area of my usual embark of 3x3.
AHHH....MATH...TINY BRAIN...IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!
on a side note, i'll go for sixth
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 01:44:46 am »

I'll take any turn that seems to be most appropriate to me.
:3

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 07:48:31 am »

AHHH....MATH...TINY BRAIN...IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!
on a side note, i'll go for sixth
Are you sure you're playing the right game?  :D
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 11:01:06 am »

Sign me up! Carp is gonna run this shit. Second turn if you please.

Fievreux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 11:09:12 am »

I'll be happy to take a turn whenever you'd like. I've never done one of these before! Also, what is HFS?

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 11:22:16 am »

I'll be happy to take a turn whenever you'd like. I've never done one of these before! Also, what is HFS?
Hidden fun stuff. As in, many, many spoilers.

Fievreux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 11:24:56 am »

Hidden fun stuff. As in, many, many spoilers.

Oh, /that/. I wouldn't dare mess with that anyway. ;x

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 03:26:10 pm »

I just realized that GWG already called the second turn... Oh well. Carcanken, I'll take the second turn if you finish before Monday. If not, just put me in the earliest available turn.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 10:49:21 pm »

i'll take a turn. fps is no problem for me :) i can handle a 7x7 embark no probs.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2