Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 56077 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: Thrills and Spills (Experimental Thread)
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2011, 09:47:20 am »

Perform a Swiping Strike on the biggest group of the Mooks. Target the Mook 8, if that group includes him.

Lethality must be increased, I think. If mooks outnumber the party two to one, each of them should go down in one highly succesful or two moderately succesful attacks, or the battles will last too long to remain interesting.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:10:35 pm by HmH »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2011, 09:49:33 am »

Do the mooks get to fight back, at all?

Perform a quickshot on the nearest enemy, then duck back into cover with my extra action.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2011, 10:15:20 am »

Perform a deep strike, then move near the spearman, to make it harder to flank us
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2011, 11:54:00 am »

Called shot on the enemy nearest one of our side (is it nearest the swordsman I believe) and then move back out of their charge range.

Hopefully having thrown a knife in their forehead!

And yes, I agree - if the PCs will typically face these kind of odds, I think our damage should be a bit more damaging.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 03:50:43 pm by lawastooshort »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2011, 02:31:35 pm »

Try to pull away the sword from Mook 9's hand telekinetically, and then impale him on it.

((About ghosts and telekinetics - I assumed we were testing as humans, I was just wondering on behalf of the ghost I might very well be playing later ;)))
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2011, 12:53:34 am »

It's alive! It's aliiiiiive!

!!Scientist!!: Digital Hellhound
Test Name: Balance Test for 40k RTD
Test Type: Combat, Psychic Powers
Required Number Of Subjects: 3-4
Rolls to be filled: 1 IG Sergeant w/ squad, 1 Ork Boy w/ Big Shoota or Rokkit Launcha, 1 Sanctioned Psyker or Cultist Psyker. Optional spots: 1 Eldar Howling Banshee
Tag: Red
Goal: To test the balance of all weapons, the toughness of Space Marines against players, and Psyker abilities.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:08:50 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2011, 02:20:08 am »

I'll sign up for that, Mr Hellhound sir. Either for the IG Sergeant or the Ork Boy.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2011, 02:38:02 am »

I will sign up as the banshee or the psycher (cultist) depending on what other people want to be
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2011, 07:48:57 am »

I'll sign up for that, Mr Hellhound sir. Either for the IG Sergeant or the Ork Boy.

A friend of mine wants the Ork, so IG Sergeant it is!

I'll wait and see if a fourth guinea pig - I mean, player - appears, then I'll start.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2011, 09:07:11 am »

I'm up. I have no idea what kind of soldier a "howling banshee" is, so I guess I'll go with the psyker? If it matters whether it's sanctioned or cultist, then I say cultist.
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2011, 10:20:10 am »

Balance Test for 40k RTD

The lone Novamarine advances along the ruined street, the brittle decorative tiling cracking beneath his feet. Hidden inside the ruined storefronts lining the edges of the street, a ragtag band of soldiers wait for their chance to strike. The Novamarine moves on, stopping at the empty fountain to vox an all-clear to his brothers on the upper level.

The stores provide ample cover, atleast for now. The fountain should also protect from gunfire, but it's unlikely the Marine will even think of that. The Marine is powerful both at range and in melee, his immense strenght making up for his lack of agility.

Enemies
Spoiler: Tactical Marine (click to show/hide)

---

Test Subjects
Imperial Guard Squad
4 Guardsmen with Lasguns and Combat Blades, hidden inside the stores, In Cover. Disciplined.
2 Guardsmen with Lasguns, Combat Blades and 2 Frag Grenades, hidden inside the stores, In Cover. Disciplined.
1 Guardsman with Plasma Gun and Combat Blade, hidden inside the stores, In Cover. Disciplined.

Spoiler: Howling Banshee (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cultist Psyker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shoota Boy (click to show/hide)

---

If you want to hear weapon damages and such, just ask. I didn't really know where I'd put those stats anyhow. Scriver, use your psychic powers in any way you want. Just use your imagination.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2011, 01:09:29 pm »

How close is the Space Marine from my men? Within short plasma gun range? With frag range?

I'd like to have the men set up with the plasma gunner and the sergeant in the middle and slightly back of the meatshield rest of the lasgun armed guardsmen, and the squad slightly spread out but close enough to help each other in melee if needs be...

My basic order will be to open fire with the lasguns, and then to hold fire with the plasma gun until the Marine is either in close range or two guardsmen have fallen. Throw the two frags if he closes enough. If he gets into melee with the men the sergeant will charge to melee him back.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2011, 01:13:48 pm »

Range isn't that complex with this system. Everything is always in range if it's listed, though Long Range gives an accuracy penalty unless otherwise specified. So yes, Close Range means he's both in plasma gun and frag-throw range.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2011, 02:03:06 pm »

In that case, blast him with all we've got! Hard!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:16:09 am by lawastooshort »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2011, 08:04:47 pm »

After Giving the others a chance to open fire, the banshee will charge the space marine, while shooting her pistol
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35