Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Genesis bloodline/succession game.  (Read 7676 times)

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress Genesis bloodline/succession game.
« on: July 21, 2011, 07:36:13 pm »

The Fort of FrostBeard, where all things icy, cold, and savage will live to make your life a nightmare!

Evil embark will mean lots of !!FUN!!.

If you make a leaver WRITE WHAT IT DOES

Dont screw over the next people in line.

If you do not report back within 24hrs of your turn being initiated then your turn will be skipped.

Pics are awesome

TURN ORDER
1.) Dimondmine2 Wolf Bait
2.) Noodz How Do I Make The Dwarves Go Slower?
3.) Roboboy33 Elf Hating Fire Lama
4.) NeuroFuzzy
5.) highzealot
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:34:34 pm by dimondmine2 »

Noodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Genesis bloodline/succession game.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 08:39:36 pm »

dibs on year 2

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 10:53:20 pm »

ill take year 3.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 02:47:50 pm »

Ok my turn

here is the embark
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also when i embarked there seems to be no points left to spend so i got rid of all the medical stuff, the ropes, the quivers, the thread, the cloth etc.

after i got rid of all that and some seeds i was left with 490 points, now what to do with this massive ammount of points, while i REALLY WANTED, to invest in breeding giant eagles...... i restrained myself, no applause is neccecary, but still the old folkes back at the mountinholm only had so much money, they where compleining about one abush after the other and that i was there only hope, but really no one cared, they knew they where sending my to my death, and i knew it too, (but i hope my friends diddent know it), but the look on there faces made it all too clear, that they knew perfectly well the horrors that awaited them

Order of people
Miner, Miner, WoodCutter, Carpenter, Mason, Grower, Brewer

(claim any you want, exept i will be the brewer)

Well i took a few brewing classes (ok I lie, I just tried wines in my fathers basement, but somehow it seems to count for something)

Ok well, here goes  :P

the biomes are terryfying frozen glacier, and joyouswilds cold badlands (with an aquifer)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:33:49 pm by dimondmine2 »

Noodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 05:11:23 pm »

Image links are broken, but if i understood correctly, theres dorfing. So I'll be the mason

NeuroFuzzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 06:47:36 pm »

Listen, Keith, you need to upload a file before you can post it!
dibs on year 4!
Dorf a miner Sir Neurofuzzy for me plx :D

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 06:53:54 pm »

well while playing BAD things have happened, due to two ice wolf packs, a giant gargole, another gargoyle, dehydration (thank god for the dwarven caravan), and being encased in ice (i tried to build a friggen well before winter and it didn't fucking work).... me and one other dwarf might be the last of the original dwarves, i hope its ok if i dont upload pictures for this one (as i need to figure out how do do it correctly or something....  ???) anyway i got two breeding giant lions (from embark screen) and they have cubs. Also KEEP THEM ALIVE! They will be a powerful force for simple guarding down in the caverns (which i have yet to breech), there are two monitor lizards wandering around, i have made ten bedrooms (just keep on doing to pattern, you have enough space and if you run out just go up a z level and do it again) also i hope you figure out how my particular workshop design goes and any questions about it will be awnsered ASAP, all our livestock has been for the most part slaughtered by the wolves, we have no farms, but since we took out a dwarven caravan (by deconstructing the trade depot) we should have enough food to last awhile (i hope...) also monitor lizards are tamable and i made some cage traps and mechanisms so if you can catch a breeding pair that would be amazeing, so far the death toll for the first year is a hell alot of FUCKING ICE WOLVES, even more livestock, six dwarves, and my sanity, also in a migrant wave we got a legendary engraver, apparently the fellaz back in the mountain homes think that an engraver is what we need, while the smooth stone makes the dwarves happier, there is no doubt that it will make up for the deaths of there lost comrades...NOT ::)... anyway, im uploading the save, here it is, http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4709 knock yourself out and report back with good or bad news (I wouldent breach the caverns, yet.
(also the random channeling is to connect the broken parts of the river)
(and noodz could you take care of nameing neurofuzzy and yourself, im kinda glad i forgot to. Because both our mason and our miners are... dead...)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:31:46 pm by dimondmine2 »

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 07:21:09 pm »

i guess I'll take turn 5.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Noodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 07:22:24 am »

I am NOT good at playing fast... I got this game at spring year 2 and its still at spring year 2 o_@

DFFD: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4715

Diamondmine, if you are staying as the game overseer, i advise you to extend the turn time. Yes, it will make the game slower, but 24 hours is simply not enough to understand the game and play a whole year. I am lucky that today is saturday, if it were a weekday , work would force me to skip.

And as we players keep on adding levels and chambers, the situation will get worse :(

Anyway, the fact that i played less than a season does not mean things havent happened. The fact that i dorfed myself as the legendary engraver and went a little engraving-happy means some corridors are now little more than a collection of glyphs. I dont know how to hide them :( Sorry, the next overlord will need to look into that.

I also rushed to magma to realize... we dont have any ores yet :'( i guess the next player could melt stuff for bars and start the metal industry, but that would be a pain in arse. Diamondmine, PLEASE tell me there IS some ore in that place.

Other than that: built farms, got a whooping 23 migrant wave, made decent statue gardens and a dining room, got some dead dwarves rise from the grave as ghosts, stealed two elven caravans (hey, if diamondmine stole from the dwarves, i sure as hell can steal from the pansy hippies), nominated myself as record keeper/manager, nominated a broker with appraiser skill and recruited two adept dorfs as our militia. They just need some decent equipment, so far they are fighting with whatever happened to be in the stolen caravan.

*More writing underway*
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:18:42 pm by Noodz »

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 05:39:46 pm »

i do not know if there is ore and i will do a quick scuicide scan to determine if there is ore. and i will only tell you if there is ore, or if there is no ore. and also you may play for more than a year, however please make one post after each year (so you dont forget what happened) and also i was playing the save (just cause) and the river does not have a source, SO DONT LET IT COMPLETELY DRAIN =) also do you undersatand the dig squares i left or would you like a picture (because i have been playing the save and i dont think sending a pic would be game breaking, so yes you can play a few years, but dont go overbored, also since we are practacly co founders of what might be a gargoyle and ice wolf boatmurdered would you like to stay in touch through skype chat? yes i know my spelling is bad, i will fix it eventually.... anyway goodluck (and i have an idea for an awesome trap but my dwarfy mechanic skills are not quite as good as they might be..... also pm me with the skype info, so the whole world doesent spam you with requests =P

NeuroFuzzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 07:33:27 pm »

I think what diamondmine meant was that if you don't at least check back by saying "Yeah, I'm playing the turn" within 24 hours then you're skipped, not that you have to finish the whole year in 24 hours. That's how I took it at least. I'll do a (HAX1!!) scan of the area to see definitively if there is any ore.

[edit]
no Iron.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 08:07:45 pm by NeuroFuzzy »

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 10:35:44 pm »

ill get the save tomorrow.

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 11:03:57 pm »

kk robo, also, just beware, (if you are new to genesis) warewolves will siege early. and keep the giant lions alive, becuse they are awesomely powerful  8)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 01:41:37 pm »

Downloading the save now. cant wait to get started :D

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 02:02:44 pm »

The first thing i saw when i started up the save, THIS PLACE IS A MESS.
there is no plan for anything. the workshops dont have a specified area, we dont have any stockpile rooms.
I told the miners to get to work on that.

Right after i started, we got. MIGRANTS!

6 migrants.
5 are useless.
1 is a legendary armorer.

Pages: [1] 2 3