Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Large for a dwarf"  (Read 1304 times)

stven275

• Bay Watcher
  • What do i put here?
    • View Profile
"Large for a dwarf"
« on: July 22, 2011, 02:49:11 am »

Hello forum. i remembered i once created a dwarf adventurer that was "Large for a dwarf" dose this mean i could wear human sized armor\clothing?
or dose it just give me more advantages in combat?

PS: I didn't have this adventurer long enough to test and didn't think too much of it at the time.     
"I don't have time to jusify myself to your viewers.(dances in pink armor)"
-YouTube comment 2012

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: "Large for a dwarf"
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 02:51:26 am »

I think it just means he was relatively large, it allows you to use some human weapons that dwarves can't use IIRC
*Hugs*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 05:18:58 am »

I think it just means he was relatively large, it allows you to use some human weapons that dwarves can't use IIRC

One nice examples are pikes. Sometimes when you create a character and look at the skills, they change a bit in the names in weapon skills. Figured it must be a size-modifier since only some weapons can be used at certain sizes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 05:19:47 am »

How do you make sure a dwarf is larger or smaller than the normal size, anyway? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 06:32:13 am »

In their description generally. It states if the creature is smaller/bigger, if none of that then it is assumed to be average size. Someone with more exact knowledge on this, please post  :) I heard there was a numerical equivalent in the Raws that would help?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 08:07:10 am »

In their description generally. It states if the creature is smaller/bigger, if none of that then it is assumed to be average size. Someone with more exact knowledge on this, please post  :) I heard there was a numerical equivalent in the Raws that would help?

Sorry, I did not ask the question properly.  I already knew how to tell whether a dwarf was normal sized or not, I just did not know how to MAKE the dwarf larger or smaller in character creation. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 09:48:00 am »

As far as I know, you cannot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 08:06:42 pm »

Fairly certain it's random. Just like the starter seven attributes in fortress mode. You could probably regen your character over and over until you got a large dwarf though.