Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 445686 times)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Each and every person finds their own entertainment. Perhaps he likes to stare at falling water drops.

How do spores travel though walls?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile

the wall gets soaked with spores and the wall cannot handle the pressure , so it spits out the spores in other side of the wall .

why kobolds don't trade their gems for weapons ?
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

When a peoper caste system is invented, kobold will be as the hutts are from Star Wars.  They will grow corpulent and sluggish and rich, pooping eggs for bikini-clad captured adventurers to tend to.

Why do dwarfs refuse to conquer the world?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile

booze is more important than world .

why are dwarves so afraid of wildlife ? (cancels make wall : interrupted by doe rabbit x200)

I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarves are afraid of wildlife because they live in a world where a xXpigtail fiber left sockXx falling 1z level can cripple you for the rest of your life. As for the rabbit..."That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!  It's a killer! He's got huge, sharp... er... He can leap about."

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear

What sort of a gonzo economy does this world have so that I can buy wagon loads of food, cloth, animals and metal tools, for a few hampers full of well used, often bloodstained, clothing?

Clothing, I might add, which might not even fit the species I am trading it to.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:56:50 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

Caravans bring barrels of blood and ichor for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Clearly, there is a large blood industry behind the scenes of DF, and the bloodstains on the clothing are top-grade for extracting and packaging to be sold. Honestly, it's a bargain.

So onto the next question.

Why do caravans bring barrels of blood and ichor and how on earth do you fill an entire barrel with mosquito ichor? Are there mosquito farms?!
My wooden badge was delicious.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do you think human children do all day? They run around catching mosquitos one by one, suffocating them, and putting them in a bin. Then they run the bin of mosquito through a screw press. And if the price wasn't low, we couldn't call it child slavery.

And the blood? They bring it to the dwarves because, frankly, god knows what goes on inside our fortresses, and it's a unwanted byproduct of butchering the meat that they also bought. Just like us selling worn clothing to the traders. God knows what they'll use it for, but we don't need it anymore.

Why do smaller crabs have nastier claws? (Actually a RL question. I caught a blue crab about 30 mins ago in a homemade crab pot, and it bit me when trying to take it out. Lobster claws hurt less than the absolutely excruciating pain of a tiny blue crab pincer.)
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

Force divided by surface area equals PAIN. Serrated blade traps work on the same principle - imagine if the crab had tiny but very long claws and pinched with the same force because it would have your finger off.

If an unusually moody dwarf were to go about making an ultra-compact wristwatch, would it use creature logic, mechanical logic, or fluid logic?
My wooden badge was delicious.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear

lol Goomba your asnwer makes a wonderful amount of (non)sense.

Sometimes they bring me things like Honey Bee Venom. I always wonder if htere's a way to weaponize it.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Booze power.  But then it would be consumed when afforementioned moody dwarf comes to and realizes how sober he is.  He made a(solid) bloody timepiece out of rum and a cat-spleen, instead of naplom covered cat-bombs.

What does dwarf heaven look like?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:45:19 am by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

Magma. More magma than you can imagine. But Magma made out of booze

Why are my hunters both stupid enough to attack an elephant, and good enough shots to succeed?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

Because they can. Everything is fair game, from unicorns to undead badgers.

What do dwarves do with all the blood brought by caravans?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Armok?!!  Everyone worships Armok, and if you offer enough enough boood he brings you glory, sometimes in the form of upright addy weapons.

Why don't worldgen dorfs settle good or evil mountains?
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Everyone worships Armok
Well about that... Dwarves never worship Armok. We do. But enough of the philosophy, you asked a question and I shall answer it.

Dwarves are neutral. The good despises them and the Dwarves despise evil. There's no sense in settling on a mountain that tries to kill you more than a normal one would.

There is my answer and now I will posit a question of my own construction.

Moods and martial trances. How do they work?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 301