Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 441247 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Why is there no uranium?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

Why is there no uranium?
LOGICAL: Dwarves don't have the technology to extract it.
MAKES SENSE: A world where dwarves can extract uranium will last about a week before vanishing into a puff of radioactive smoke.

How come sweet pods can't be eaten raw?
My wooden badge was delicious.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Uranium is present, in pitch- or hornblende, I forget which.
Sweet pods are like fungal beets. Have you ever tried to eat a raw beet? Add in some fungusy taste and various mechanisms to protect the pods from dralthas and crundles, and you have a sweet pod.

Why does everyone assume dwarves are all brain-dead morons, when they're just normal people who sometimes make famously bad mistakes? By that logic, all humans are brain-dead morons.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Because Humans are the Real Monsters.
(In my own personal opinion, I think dwarves are geniuses, they just lack common sense.)

What happens if you stitch together a dwarf, goblin, elf, human, kobold, and troll all in one freakish monstrosity?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It dies, whether through necrosis, killing itself, or starting out dead.

What happens when I run out of questions?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

You make up new ones, like the one you asked right now!

If Armok wanted to create his own race, why didn't he put them on par physically with the denizens below?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

You make up new ones, like the one you asked right now!

If Armok wanted to create his own race, why didn't he put them on par physically with the denizens below?
He's the god of BLOOD, not the god of conquest. And cavern-dwellers or demons don't bleed properly or in the right colour. One may argue that the serrated blade trap was his doing.

If miasma is a standard gas, could you power a rocket with ultra-densely compacted corpses?
My wooden badge was delicious.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

No. You just get a smelly coffin, packed with corpses. It's not even a gas, it's a visible representation of rotting particles in the air.

What happens if the humans invent some sort of explosive, be it gunpowder, TNT, or dynamite based?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

The dwarves would steal it and hilarity would ensue.

How are humans capable of doing anything when they are so beardless?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

They have these things called "Tools".
You see, humans can go into a fey mood at the drop of a Cap, and are capable of producing tools out of things like stone and wood. But these aren't conventional tools like Picks, or Axes, or Wheelbarrows. They're these tiny little items. Some of them, they call chisels. They use them to carve rocks in place of a beard. Then they have these things called knives. The use these to cut things in place of a beard. There are dozens more, but the humans always hide them on their person, so you can't loot them.
Mysterious indeed.

What about those elves? What do they do?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He did. Even dwarven BABIES have killed forgotten beasts.

What about those elves? What do they do?
I think they cultivate trees in the shape of tools.

Why...um...who...I got nothing. Ah, I know! Who would win in  a fight between Cacame Apebalded and Tholtig Cryptbrain?
Sig

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Nobody would win. The world would be razed to the very bedrock, even the dwellers at the very bottom vanquished, as the fight continued forever. Armok would protect them from starvation to prolong the infinite battle.

What do you do with a drunken dwarf early in the morning?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Put him in charge of the kingdom.  Dwarf experience a sort of reverse intoxication.  Alcohol speeds up their metabolism, rejuvenating them and increasing cognitive function.  Same as how I feel when I drink...

Where are the airships?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the 1800s or so, IIRC. Unless you mean plain ol' hot air baloons, in which case: In the 1500s or so, IIRC.

If an elf at dwarven flesh, would the elf get drunk? After all, dwarves drink far more alcohol than water....
Sig

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Where are the airships?
In the 1800s or so, IIRC. Unless you mean plain ol' hot air baloons, in which case: In the 1500s or so, IIRC.
What. But. You answered when, not where. And even then, Dwarf Fortress rarely reaches years that high, and I doubt airships would suddenly appear when it did.

If an elf ate dwarven flesh, would the elf get drunk? After all, dwarves drink far more alcohol than water....
A drunk elf is something nobody wants to see. They really do like trees a lot more than we think. Being drunk could cause some unfortunate accidents involving a sharp rock and some woodpeckers.

Why are creatures limited to eating only cultivated plants or cultivated meat?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 301