Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 445816 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

Q: Will dwarven civilization ever find a way to domesticate and train Giant War Sponges?

If dwarves ever have a need to weaponize bathing, they will.

Q: Why do ghosts either one-shot dwarves or just hang around being annoying?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Because dwarven ghosts are still dwarven at heart, and thus either homicidally insane or F^&(*#) ECSTATIC, which manifests by making them extremely difficult to live with.

Why do elves keep coming back even though every caravan they send is slaughtered?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile

They dont care. If they die you dump their remains out there, where they rot and eventually become absorbed by the plants, so they become trees.

Why so many demons become leaders of human civilizations by impersonating gods? are the humans stupid or what?

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile

Demons are the only ones who understand the entire Byzantine structure of human law; hence they tend to be the law-givers.

Now, I'll try this one again:

Why don't dwarves recognize that an animal assigned to a chain doesn't need to be pastured anymore?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Causethey have fake brains.....
Why do see my dwarves fall into a river and drown them selves
Remind me never to leave you in charge of a fort that requires basic math to survive.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Causethey have fake brains.....

Not very satisfactory. That could be used as answer for every "why do dwarfs..." question, including your own.

Why do see my dwarves fall into a river and drown them selves

Because you're watching, motivating them to show off and impress you with their swimming skills (which they keep forgetting they don't have). It's all your fault!

With the lack of basic hygiene, how come dwarven settlements are never ravaged by cholera, diarrhea, food poisoning etc.?

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile

Because dwarves drink 180 proof rum - no hostile bacteria can survive the sheer level of astringents in the average dwarf's bloodstream!  This is also why they don't get infected until after they're in the hospital; water doesn't provide the level of immuno-protectivity they usually enjoy.

Why don't dwarves ever make their children clean their rooms up?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

MeTekillot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because a child does as it pleases!

Why do dwarfs run DOWN a staircase at the end of my to-be cistern, instead of up the staircase to escape the rapidly approaching water?

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because COMMON SENSE YOU NEED TO BUILD THE CHEESE GUILD COLLOSEUM
Remind me never to leave you in charge of a fort that requires basic math to survive.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile

Because COMMON SENSE YOU NEED TO BUILD THE CHEESE GUILD COLLOSEUM

Don't Drink and Post.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do dwarfs run DOWN a staircase at the end of my to-be cistern, instead of up the staircase to escape the rapidly approaching water?
A: Because the are some designated walls down there, and walls don't build themselves! -Urist McMasonDwarf (Deceased)

Q: Why do dwarves not advance technologically, using the same techs for thousands of years?

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
This here Atom Smasher can still hold off goblin sieges to this very day, and a cave-in trap is all you need for the big beasts.
Now excuse me while I try to cross this river at the waterfalls edge.
Urist McStuborn has died after colliding with an obstacle.

How many goblins does it take to screw in a light bulb?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't answer that, goblins aren't dwarves.

Where do the things smashed by bridges go?

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't answer that, goblins aren't dwarves.

Where do the things smashed by bridges go?
To the older 2D versions of the DF.

Why can't we make armour out of dragon scales?
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile

Because this isnt Skyrim.

How can a goblin be full of bolt holes and still not bleed to death?
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 301