Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 441239 times)

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

His blood curdled of terror. He just saw his entire squad been slaughtered by a single dwarf.

Why do goblins keep on besieging after being slaughtered for years?
The fortresses are penal colonies.
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do goblins keep on besieging after being slaughtered for years?
A: Because most goblins don't return from the battle to tell how bad the siege went, so they just keep sending troops, thinking themselves to be very clever.

Q: Why are elven civilizations always extinct in all my world-gens? They always seem to expire so soon.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile

Because the only Joyous regions are places where Dwarves 'took joy in slaughter recently.'

Why would a hill titan get enraged, shoot webs everywhere, but not bother following up with actual attacks?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile

Well  not all titans are such brutes as to wish you death, some just have anger issues. He/she/it was just venting his/her/it's frustration in a way not unlike a child's tantrum, on things much smaller than him/her/it-self. I'm sure if you leave him/her/it alone to cool off, he/she/it will eventually go back home to have tea and sing round the camp-fire with all its jolly little friends.

I'm in a hurry this morning and don't have time to come up with a question, so I'll leave the slot open.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a word for 'fun' in dwarven language?
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

Yes. It is pronounced "Helms Deep".

Why can't dwarves make bikes, cars, tanks, or helicopters?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile

Yes. It is pronounced "Helms Deep".

Why can't dwarves make bikes, cars, tanks, or helicopters?

Bikes can't be easily equipped for murder. For other vehicles, the Dwarven mastery of the internal combustion engine is... not as great as you would imagine.

How do Dwarves get born with perfectly braided hair?
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarfs are fond of industry and there is nothing else to do in the womb.

Do elves and humans like each other?

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

Not always. Human nature of getting more=wanting more! their timber industry rises. Elves begin to get standoffish, and they all begin to wage war.

Dwarves don't act as stupidly feral as elves.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile

Previous poster broke the chain, so:

Why can't dwarves clean blood off of walls?
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Um... they can, if you don't have them busy doing other things.  Perhaps it's because you don't let them idle?

Why don't dwarves just tip over a 'full' bucket, and give it a quick rinse?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Because it would be the logical thing to do.

Why is a kitten able to give as much leather as a giant?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Dwarves waste a lot of giant leather
How do dwarves lock doors when nobody is anywhere nearby?

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They replaced their pre-frontal cortices with a special telekinesis gland.  It only works on constructs, however - which is why they can't send kittens airborne on a whim.

Why don't dwarves harness chemical power, especially compressed gasses, in their engineering projects?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

See previous comment about dorves and internal combustion.

Why don't dorves all just voluntarily become vampires?
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 301