Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 445765 times)

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile

Silly question, to allow better connection between the beard and the brain! Oh, and also all these years of being the best armoursmiths in the world and the fact you just don't go out without a helmet if you're a dwarf caused their skull to get thinner and thinner, every generation.

Why it is not possible to order dwarves to fill ponds... with magma?

^about tanning - you know, there was no worse place to be if you are easily nauseated than a medieval tanning workshop. Google it if you don't know why.
So... you're suggesting that dwarves produce magma from alcohol in their bodies?
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

LoneChipmunk

• Bay Watcher
  • Chip Chip
    • View Profile

Because Magma is a holy substance unsuitable to be carried about like water. The only proper way to move magma around is by the use of machinery or, in a pinch, a big bucket (minecart).

Why do goblins hang around during a seige for months at a time when the front gate is slammed shut?
ZombieChicken on #dwarffortress on irc.freenode.net

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile

They're admiring the architecture.  Plus, if they just go home, they get fed to the trolls - or, worse yet, to the kidnapped dwarf children!

Why do so many migrants think that fishing is a desirable profession for an evil biome, don'tyoudarestepoutside, fortress?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they know they can fish in the caves, which is unfortunately, bugged right now.

Why do bandits like to hide out in catacombs at the risk of waking a mummy?

LoneChipmunk

• Bay Watcher
  • Chip Chip
    • View Profile

Because a mummy is a safer target than a dwarven adventurer.

Why don't dwarves have sex?
ZombieChicken on #dwarffortress on irc.freenode.net

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile

Because they dont have genitals.

What happens if a dwarf shaves? (i mean after escaping the other dwarves who yell !!HERESY!!)

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile

Um... they can, if you don't have them busy doing other things.  Perhaps it's because you don't let them idle?

Floors, yes, walls, no. They will clean walls directly next to floors when they clean the floors, but they cannot clean the walls themselves.

It's the only reason I use DFHack right now. >_<
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile

^about tanning - you know, there was no worse place to be if you are easily nauseated than a medieval tanning workshop. Google it if you don't know why.

Holy shit.

Because they dont have genitals.

What happens if a dwarf shaves? (i mean after escaping the other dwarves who yell !!HERESY!!)
They can't do any job, because beards are needed for everything. Also, their beards are in reality their brains, so yeah...

Why dwarves don't poo poo or pee pee?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:50:43 am by McDonald »
I'm with stupid |
                      v

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile

Only adamantine-diamond razors can  cut dwarven beards. And even they have hard time doing it.

Why dwarves don't poo poo or pee pee?
Because of how world in DF works, and how much alcohol dwarves drink, reality would crash itself while trying to handle that amount of fluids.

Why did the migrant cross the road?
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile

To take up fishing and cheese-making, in a brand-new home!

Why don't dwarves grow flower gardens?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To take up fishing and cheese-making, in a brand-new home!

Why don't dwarves grow flower gardens?
You can't make booze from flowers.

Why are there no light sources in DF?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are. But dwarfs don't need light to see, so they don't care for light sources.

Why don't dwarfs build temples?
The fortresses are penal colonies.
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they are largely secular. Although maybe they will in the upcoming version, no idea.

Why haven't they developed the internal combustion engine?

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because of all the alcohol in the dwarves, every attempt at such experiments have resulted in the incineration of the experimenter.

Why can't you make a magma "waterwheel" using nethercap?

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because of all the alcohol in the dwarves, every attempt at such experiments have resulted in the incineration of the experimenter.

Why can't you make a magma "waterwheel" using nethercap?

Because magma would cool to quickly to be effective.

Why nobles demand windows underground?
I'm with stupid |
                      v
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 301