Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 441295 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Ice VII.  Its so awesome, it doesn't naturally exist.  Like dwarven bathrooms, it can theoretically with thousands of pounds psi(I mean Urist), and temperature exceding 10,000,000 Urists.

Why are necromancers the only authors?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:50:34 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Only people who can read become Necromancers.
Most people who can read attempt to become necromancers, to show all those jerks back home who's boss.
Only those who read can write.

How do you make more of the element men?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

increase FREQUENCY and CLUSTER_NUMBER(add it if missing) and POPULATION_NUMBER.

Or, or, ooor, Give them ding-dongs and hoo-hoos ([CASTE:MALE][MALE] and [CASTE:FEMALE] and [FEMALE]) and a litter size.  Then slap a [MAXAGE] and [BABY:] [CHILD:] tag in their raws.

Or, chop a bunch up and plant them under an oak tree.  Cabbage Patch kids come out

Given the state of dwarven childcare, why is there no infant armour?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:23:30 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, but there is. Clearly, you haven't had enough macabre moods.

Why is it that cave dragons have wings, but regular ones don't?
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

Ah, but there is. Clearly, you haven't had enough macabre moods.

Why is it that cave dragons have wings, but regular ones don't?
There aren't any Elite Marksdwarves underground... yet. Aboveground dragons who fly tend to get perforated by steel bolts the moment they achieve liftoff.

Why are cave dragons a different species? They're "adapted from dragons", yet they can exist immediately after worldgen. And they can't breed with normal dragons (please don't go in-depth with this one :P ). Why?!
My wooden badge was delicious.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Humans and Chimps/Dwarves and Mountain Goats/Elves and Trees/Goblins and Trolls/Minotaurs and Cows/Etc and Etc are all based off the same thing.
It's just that everything evolves before World Gen even starts.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is THE singlemost thing ever done?
PKs DF Mod!

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the "singlemost" event to ever occur would have to be the creation of Armok's Whisker, the thousand-level adamantine spire, since that was only known to have happened once.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile

Note to self, Water Pressure builds up. Do not use Major Rivers to fill your underground Cistern.
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HOLD IT SPAH

We're trapped in a holding pattern of question, answer, witty comment, question, comment.

So can the next poster make sure to include a question?

Okay, I'm up next: what do kobolds do with the artifact grates and other assorted knick-knacks they steal from fortresses worldwide, and what sinister purpose are they working towards?

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

Artifact treasure museum, and once the items go off display they auction them off.

If there are dragons in DF, why aren't there phoenixes?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Burned in dragonfire.  Nothing survives dragonfire.

Why doesn't intraspecies conflict between races occur?
PKs DF Mod!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Intra? So, uh, wars among civs? The answer is best phrased by Terry Pratchett on racism in a fantasy setting: "Black and white lived in perfect harmony and ganged up on green". I think it's a good answer.

Why do forgotten beasts survive worldgen and then get killed by one ant woman with a spear?

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

have yet to build a trade depot and as result the traders decided to stay at the maps edgh, get struck by melancholy (including the camel) and drop all their items. i really dont mind but should i be worried about not recivieng further trade from said mountain home?

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

have yet to build a trade depot and as result the traders decided to stay at the maps edgh, get struck by melancholy (including the camel) and drop all their items. i really dont mind but should i be worried about not recivieng further trade from said mountain home?
This is not the thread to ask. It is reserved to discussion regarding oddities in the game, not actual gameplay questions.
But if you must know, the mountain home will not stop sending caravans to you, since there can be no wars between civilizations ofthe same race.
Why do forgotten beasts survive worldgen and then get killed by one ant woman with a spear?
Because the RNG throws weighted dice.

Why are there no dedicated dwarven bards or musicians?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 301