Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 441272 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

The world-plate was flat, and the whole world is a huge column. The world column was smooshed together on the sides to contain the magma, and it made wrinkles in the world. Hence, the variances.

(I just chimed in to say that Magnus Höersamuelsson would be the best thing ever.)

Why are there no Dwarven babysitters or wet nurses?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 04:12:32 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Particularly weak rock being pushed up by particularly strong magma hot spots.
Sometimes it results in volcanoes.

How does dragon fire work?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Why are there no Dwarven babysitters or wet nurses?
Because a dwarven baby is quite capable of killing forgoten beasts with single punches, unlike their human equivalent.
How does dragon fire work?
A gland in the dragons belly produces a fluid which boils when it leaves the pressure of the dragons body. The gas then proceeds to ignite when it makes contact with oxygen, producing a flame about as hot as 2500°K.
Why are the dwarven representations always smile, when what they represent might be very unhappy, depressed and not smiling?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Graphical Limitations Dwarves are always stuck in a smile due to excess alcohol numbing out their senses.

Why aren't dwarves represented by the letter d?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Graphical Limitations Dwarves are always stuck in a smile due to excess alcohol numbing out their senses.

Why aren't dwarves represented by the letter d?
Armok reserved the smiley face for the Dwarves, because they are his chosen creation.

Is Adamantine magnetic?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try finding out yourself.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

That really depends on exactly which properties of iron Toady copied over to it. Since this is something that is inherently complex, you should go and ask in the adamantine and slade science thread.

Why did Toady move purring maggots down to the second cavern layer?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

many dwarves detest purring maggots... if they were on the first layer they would easily get into young forts... leading to insanity and death..

how can solid stone only drop boulders 1/4 of the time but a singe tile of sand provide infinite amounts of sand indefinitely?
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can't break sand. With rock, 3/4 of the boulders are broken into useless tailings by the dwarves. With sand, that's the whole reason you want it in the first place.

I just realized that I accidentally cut off the second half of my post. It read:

"Try finding out yourself.
Just take some magnetite, dump it a tile away from adamantine, and see if they stick together.

Why do dwarves LOVE waterfalls so much?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

they dont love waterfalls... they love mist. Mist gets into the fibers of the beard, soothing the dwarf with a cool, refreshing, tingling sensation.

Why are dwarves so inclined to dive off waterfalls to their deaths?
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

"Mist!"
"It's mist!"
"Wow, mist!"
"I love mist!"
"Let's go to the mist!"
"We must get closer to the mist!"
"Wade through the river and bask in the mist!"
"Glory to the mist!"
*SPLOOSH*

Do colourblind dwarves know the difference between mist and miasma?
My wooden badge was delicious.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Yes, miasma is a smell, and has no physical(ly seen) substance.  Magma mist and mist, however...

Why did toady include smell tokens?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

dp.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:43:57 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

So you can wake up and smell the miasma!

If cave moss can grow in any shady overhang anywhere immediately after being uncovered, and dwarven civilizations have almost certainly breached the caverns in order to mine iron and whatnot, how come it doesn't grow until you specifically breach the caverns? Even if you embark just one tile over from an abandoned fort that had done so?
My wooden badge was delicious.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

Because undug tiles behave like massive walls. You can't get what you don't know is there.

What happens if you embark underneath a necromancer tower?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 301