Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 441370 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Their thick hair protects them, and all dwarfs are mandated to see monty python productions.

Why did my axedwarf refuse to grab his axe when he was drafted?  He said, no axe, anaconda is there, but the anaconda was the creature I sent it to kill!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Maybe he thought that the anaconda was too immediate of a threat and decided to try and kill it before grabbing the axe was a good idea.

How come blood clones itself when you dump it in the cistern?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).
I must sig this.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile

Contaminants are present in fluid on a strict there/not there basis. As long as a single ATOM of blood or other contaminant is still present, the extremely sensitive creatures of Armok's worlds can detect it. The Great Blood God would not have His greatest creation be forgotten, after all.

Why does the world have a temperature and border control on/off switch set?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile

Because if the elves don't turn on border control they get wiped out in worldgen from dwarven invasion-- and armok creates glaciers by turning off the sun.

Why doesn't Urist McEmo go lie down on the minecart rails?

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear

He like the sound you can hear when you put your ear on the rail.

Why is my Legendary Macedwarf using a copper spear when given her choice of melee weapon?
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She likes to try new things.

Why are humans so violent compared to dwarves?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

Humans kill some things because they are angry. Dwarves build things to kill everything because they are very angry.

If instruments can't be used by anyone at all, why are they bought so freely?
My wooden badge was delicious.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

The instruments secretly have narcotics in them...

Why are the no boogeymen in fortress, even in one dwarf challanges?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

The Bogeymen know why the fear the cheese.

Why are kobolds so reiduclously effective at disembowling random dwarves?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because me.

Why do humans prefer hunting over helping you fight bandits?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Because if the elves don't turn on border control they get wiped out in worldgen from dwarven invasion-- and armok creates glaciers by turning off the sun.

Why doesn't Urist McEmo go lie down on the minecart rails?
Armok is Terry Crews? DOUBLE SUN POWEEEEEER!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile

You can't eat bandits now can you?

Why do miners enjoy trapping themselves in a pit?
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Because they are desperate for attention, and getting stuck and needing help is the easiest way to get attention.

Why haven't dwarves invented magnets?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile

Because that involves going into the Insane Clown Posse territory, so for dorfs that want to stay alive, it's a no-no.

How do forgotten beasts and titans made of steam or fire even make it through worldgen, given a baby can punch them to smithereens?
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 301