Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 445753 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Getting ready to rock.

If a headless corpse and a disembodied head can both be animated by a necromancer, why does chopping the head off of a zombie kill it?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

The necromancer union prefers that headed zombies use the head as a central magic point, so it needs to be re-raised when the head is severed from the body.

How do you make a harp out of rock?

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very slowly and with limited success.

Why isn't Tholtig Cryptbrain nearly as celebrated as Cacame Apebalded?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Because of the Illuminati, of course.

Why are dorfs obsessed with grabbing dead bodies from caverns, leading to their untimely demise at the hands of gremlins and giant moles?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No risk is too great if the rewards are turquoise-studded socks and troll fur thongs.

We have underwear in the form of said things, so why no bras?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Dwarves don't have breasts of any sort. Even morbidly obese dwarves lack chest-floppers. It all goes to the hips.

Why do dwarves even care about clothes in the first place? It's not like they have anything to hide.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To stay warm, duh.  Modesty sure isn't the reason I wear my coat and scarf outside.

Why can't kids learn skills using toy hammers or mini-forges?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

They learn how to play with toy hammers and pretend to forge mini-weapons and mini-armor with them, of course.

Why don't bandits seem to have a more appropriate response to being disemboweled by the teeth of a 2 year old dorflet vampire than "death is all around us" and the like?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

No risk is too great if the rewards are turquoise-studded socks and troll fur thongs.
Sig'd
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Some form of Dwarven altruism/compassion? The Dwarves are more moved by the sufferings of others than their own. Alternatively, they are simply in shock.

Someone compose a Dwarfy limerick

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

There once was a Dorf named Urist
Who went out to grab socks from a tourist
He was soon found
And quickly struck down
When he discovered the goblin was armed

Dwarven poetry always breaks down after awhile, after all, musicality is always a dump stat...

How do weapon traps work?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

Spring-loaded blades, connected in a way that makes them into perpetual motion machines. It's a dwarven secret.

Why do dwarves worship gods that let demons into the world?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Because NOT worshiping them invites their wrath? And no one wants to be turned into a vampire or werebeast arbitrarily. Also, the gods that don't let demons into the world or do stuff like that are benevolent, if inactive.

What is with goblins and them naming stuff after incest?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Because NOT worshiping them invites their wrath? And no one wants to be turned into a vampire or werebeast arbitrarily. Also, the gods that don't let demons into the world or do stuff like that are benevolent, if inactive.

What is with goblins and them naming stuff after incest?

Well... Goblins are evil for a reason, right?

Why are goblins evil anyway.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

You'd be too if you were a walking fashion catastrophe from birth, green and purple are impossible to coordinate with.

Why don't the dorf gods ever do anything interesting like vampire or werebeast curses?
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 301