Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 452343 times)

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile

Dwarves constantly emit an aura of destruction. This is why misfortune is abound in fortresses, aura singularities summon horrible monsters and giant armies. This radiation damages the high-exposure clothes. However, as dwarves are the best armoursmiths in the land, they are able to aura-proof armour. However, it needs to be a particular armour design, any old article just won't cut it.

Dwarven engineering knows no bounds.

Why can't I mulch my gardens with the bodies of dead enemy soldiers? It's a waste of good nutrition is what it is.
Everything's in the news today

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

They tried stuffing corpses into the wood burner to make corpse ash to put on the plants, but it ended up making a really bad smell and stuffing up the burner with blood and viscera, so they stopped.

Why can't they just use a giant blender?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Because they need every serrated blade for the huge trap hallways the overseer keeps building everywhere, convinced that the fortress is infested with kobolds. No one has the heart to tell them the only casualties of the arsenal of weapon traps are a couple dwarves who fell asleep in the middle of the hallways because kobolds are trap-avoid.

How exactly does a huge Forgotten Beast prance nimbly through a gauntlet of cave traps while an itsy bitsy kea gets got in them?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

The forgotten beast took ballet classes.

Why do kobolds seemingly have their own language,.but are unable to speak?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They have recognized an important truth: No one really cares if other people are listening to them or not, they just like the sound of their own voice. Long ago, the kobolds, devised a language, or lack thereof, which made everyone happy. Every kobold could babble on to everyone else to their heart's content but no one is listening because its vaguely adorable gibberish. This makes kobold courtship rituals the most... interesting of all sentient races.

Can Forgotten Beasts find love?
Spooky Signature

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

They have recognized an important truth: No one really cares if other people are listening to them or not, they just like the sound of their own voice. Long ago, the kobolds, devised a language, or lack thereof, which made everyone happy. Every kobold could babble on to everyone else to their heart's content but no one is listening because its vaguely adorable gibberish. This makes kobold courtship rituals the most... interesting of all sentient races.

Can Forgotten Beasts find love?
Yes. I'm pretty sure that was a feature of some succession fort or another - the dwarves killed an FB's wife and daughter, then it.

What do I do with all these demons? Making demonade isn't implemented yet.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dig out a room, and carve the walls into fortifications. Dig a hallway outside of the room and build windows on the outsides of the fortifications, i.e. in the hallway directly around the fortification wall. Put the demons in the room. Set the hallway as a meeting area. Perform !!science!! on the effect of demons on the dwarven psyche.

How did the first anvil come into existence?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page

The first anvil was given to the Dwarves by Armok himself, of course.  It was a bone anvil made during a strange mood.

If an elf is burned to death in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

1. Elves scream when on fire
2. There are trees in a forest
3. Trees can hear
4. Elves can talk to trees

Therefore, it does make a sound and we can prove it.

Why do artifacts burn forever?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Why do artifacts burn forever?
Artifacts are infused with the power of beards/eyelashes and are constantly regrowing as they burn.

If an tree is burned to death and there's no elf around to hear it, does it make a sound? Does it make a sound even if there is?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, because the only sound in Dwarf Fortress is the unending guitar solo, symbolizing the inevitability of your fortress's end.

How do dwarves brew alcohol and a single mushroom into biscuits?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Biscuits" is a loose term for anything that is A: Sort of solid and B: Vaguely round/square shaped. With a plump helmet and some booze, this can be accomplished by mushing the plump helmet into a vaguely biscuit-like shape and then pouring booze in it and setting it on fire. The end result is a blackened rubbery mess, but who cares? Raw plump helmets taste even worse.

How does one "mince" water?
Spooky Signature

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page

To mince water, you grind some bones into bonemeal (off camera), turn the water into a gelatin, then mince it.

Is setting an elf on fire with flaming booze good entertainment or a waste of precious booze?
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.
« Reply #4243 on: September 01, 2015, 05:40:20 pm »

Both.

why do toads not make games in the game?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.
« Reply #4244 on: September 02, 2015, 12:49:17 am »

There is only one who can, and he exists in our world.

Why do dwarfs not retreat to their rooms to make vile scumbabies?
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 301