Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301]

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 444796 times)

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile

In the lowest cavern layer of my current fort, there is a magma pipe which is overflowing and ever so slowly flooding the cave with magma. I did not mess with it in any way. Any idea on what is causing this pressure? I haven't seen it happen before.

The pipe is surrounded by a pool of 7/7 to 1/7 depth and is continually spilling more magma over the edges. There are some giant mushrooms standing in the pooling magma, so I don't think it was there all along.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 04:50:49 am by FoiledFencer »
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure this happens with most sources of lava. I don't mess with lava really, but I did embark in a volcano, and after a year lava came out of the top and turned the landscape into a reenactment of pompei
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile

That's what's happening right now. Burning mushrooms and smoke are doing a huge number on my fps and I wonder if I can make it stop (or direct it off-map) somehow.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

well I think turning off tempature would help somewhat. I don't have that much experience with magma, but I know water will stop the flames and when the water hits the lava it'll turn into stone, preventing more magma from coming in that way
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301]