Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Deadiron A Corrosion Succession Game  (Read 39454 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Deadiron A Corrosion Succession Game
« on: July 22, 2011, 06:28:14 pm »

Welcome to Deadiron

Deadiron is a Vault Succession game using the Corrosion Mod v1.0.8+ (I added a few bug fixes). It is based off of the Vaults from Fallout. But you do not need any prior experience with Fallout to play it. However, if you haven’t tried the Corrosion Mod it is recommended that you give it a go. There are many, many changes that you need to know.

Essentially, here are the rules and clarifications.

* Every time a new player takes over they must change the the ‘Overseer’ noble as their hummied self (n -> r).
* The Vault can only be opened for resource gathering once a turn, it can only be opened for a maximum of one season. Once it is closed again, that person cannot reopen it for anything other then traders and migrants. If someone 'sneaks' out, close the Vault, they are on their own.
* We can move into the caverns.
* No engraving the vault, except on the floor of the graveyard and the floor of noble rooms. The walls will be smooth already. Smoothing does not count as engraving.

Now here’s the twist. The Vaults were originally designed to psychologically test the residents. Likewise so will ours, once you acknowledge your turn, I will notify you by PM of your Orders . DO NOT TELL ANYONE ABOUT THESE ORDERS. Or you will face immediate disbandment from the game, you may exchange Orders if you are not pleased with them, and you may request hints from IT 000 only. You may reference them but only as ‘The Orders’. You must state whether they were completed or failed. Your orders will be different then another person’s orders. However, there may be repeats.

The Orders are just to make things more challenging, they will contain things like making a certain amount of guns or making mega-projects.

At the end of the game The Orders of each player will be revealed to all spectators.

Once the Vault is constructed, DANGEROUS STONE WILL BE TURNED ON. I will use [SPEED:0] to expedite the building it will be removed once the game starts. Expanding the Vault will be tricky. Try to live within the vault while expanding only to gain ores. Yes, it is designed to be cramped.

Your goal is to survive the onslaught of constant Infected attacks, while also completing your Orders. Good Luck.

If you wish to be hummied just say so and I will give you a human closest to your requests.

:::TURNS:::

You will have three days to acknowledge your turn, and three days to update again. Please try to update quickly and get your year over within a week preferably, or your turn may be skipped.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:15:57 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Deadiron A Corrosion Succession Game
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:29:13 pm »

WELCOME TO ROBCO INDUSTRIES (TM) TERMINAL

> LOGIN ADMIN

ENTER PASSWORD NOW

> ************

WELCOME OVERSEER. THE OVERSEER TERMINAL IS NOW ACTIVE. SHOWING ALL DOCUMENTS.

Name / Orders ((In Progress), (Succeeded) of (Failed)) / Link to turns.

* IT 000 (No Orders) 1 2
* RabidAnubis (skipped) 1 2
* Savolainen5 (Succeeded) 1 2 3 4 5
* highzealot (Succeeded) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
* OREOSOME (skipped) 1
* kilikan (In Progress)
* The Master
* Keltiknight
* Bowie
* Deathsword
* -----
* -----

Spoiler: To Be Humied (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:20:45 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 06:29:47 pm »

Leroy sat there, tapping his hand against the palm desk as he read the data streamed in from the terminal.  It was summer, 151 years after the Great War that decimated the country. They were told the Vault was supposed to open over a year and a half ago.
   The data continued to stream in. Leroy scanned it, his hand on his chin, his eyes darting from side to side. Just as the monitor blipped he heard a firm knock from his doorway. Looking up he saw Savs in the hallway.
   “Just stopping’ by to tell ye the crops are done.”
   Leroy breathed a sigh of relief, finally, one thing that didn’t fail around here “Thanks for the report Mr. Savs.” He said in a firm tone “Now please, I must get back to my work.”
   “Sir…” Savs said standing straight “We’re still down to our last two pounds of meat.”

Leroy flinched, pausing for a moment “Thank you for the report.” And silently he put his head back into his work
   Savs ducked away as Leroy returned to his study, the Vault itself was quite barren. Most of the furniture was made of wood, so it rotted away within twenty years. The stone was to hard to dig through, so their only choices was use the remaining scraps of wood in storage, or find metal. But mining was a death sentence, the dust would kill you, assuming you got through that is.
   The monitor blipped again, grabbing Leroy’s attention “Here we go.” he said typing in his password, jabbing a few keys he found the problem. The wires were corroded. Sighing he pressed the button on his intercom “Bowie.” He said sternly
   “Yes Sir.” Came the man’s affirmative voice
   “Take a look at those wires hooked up to the Vault door okay?” Leroy said hitting the button again “Oh and Bowie, if you have to, rip them out.”
   “Yes Sir.” The man said again as a click left the Overseer alone.
   Now that that’s over with, Leroy hurridly ordered some tables and chairs to be constructed out of the remaining wood. He’d be damned if he had to sit in that cramped dining room again.

A table was hastily constructed, and four chairs to sit around it. Hopefully the dwellers wouldn’t mind. Bunks though, they needed beds. They had plenty of space for dorms, but of course, the beds in there had long rotted away.
   Just as Leroy sat down for a bite to eat, a beep came over the intercom “Leroy sir.” Bowie said firmly “The repairs are complete.”
   Setting down his mutton, Leroy smiled “Very well, open the door.” Forgetting about his plate, he stood up and left. Heading outside to see the world, oh what glorious changes could have happened over the last one hundred and fifty years! How many skyscrapers have been repaired? How many cities have been restocked? He stepped outside. Instantly blinded by the light. It’s heaven! His mind shouted it’s…! it’s…!

“Dead.” Leroy looked around, his excitement dampening. His optimism faded.
   Bowie emerged from the pit and stared off on the hill “Not bad…” He muttered
   “What is that?” Leroy said pointing at a massive four legged beast
   Kilikan emerged, a book in hand, dusting through it “It’s a… Horse.” He looked up at the odd beast “We can eat it.”
   Bowie unsheathed his baton and charged at the beast
   "Hold on a second!” Kilikan shouted “It says these creatures are calm. Maybe we can just pull it into the Vault and kill it there.”
   Leroy squinted at him “Your crazy.”
   Kilikan didn’t respond, instead he grabbed a rope and approached the beast

The residents kept their distance as Kilikan masterfully dragged the beast down into the Vault, even as the beast reached it’s end. It didn’t struggle, and the yield was great.

Bowie yelped, Leroy turned around to see a group of six people heading towards them. With the swiftness of a ranger, Bowie drew out his bat and gripped it with both hands.
   Leroy held out his hand, barely catching the chief of security "Who are you?" Leroy shouted as all six people raised their hands
   "Please." One of the people yelled but was quickly interjected by another person "Lion!"
   They scattered, and ducked down the hole. Leroy watched as Bowie swore and ran after them, bat swinging "Lion?" Leroy said turning around to see a giant cat snarling on the hill.
   Cursing, Leroy darted down to the Vault, dust and clay scattering as he skidded around a corner. He grabbed Kilikan, who was on his way back up and they both started running as the snarls echoed through the cave. Just as they reached the lead vault door, the creature seemed to loose interest and leave. Bowie stood inside, clenching his bat and six people were kneeling beside him with their hands behind their head.
   Standing there sweating and tired Leroy turned to his visitors "Well... Let's give you the tour shall we?"

I'll post more information about the Vault in the next update. Sorry about not getting any pictures of the lion, I was to busy making sure the migrants and myself were safe. Bowie will get a crowbar later, but for now he has a baseball bat.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:42:36 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 06:45:54 pm »

I'm the god of embalmation.  Haven't played with your mod too much so it will be !FUN! at the minimum!  I know that in your mod you get sick if you walk under a cavern, but is it possible to stop that by smoothing to expand it? 

Thanks.

I will at least build a gigantic tribute for all who die!

EDIT:  Hummani me as RabidAnubi
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:50:29 pm by RabidAnubis »
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 07:27:36 pm »

I'll go for year 4. I'm expecting major FUN from all of us including me. I want to humie(is that the right term?) myself on my turn if that's ok with you.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:48:10 pm by highzealot »
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 07:29:23 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:38:21 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 07:44:57 pm »

Humie me as: Paul Mitchells
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:47:19 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 10:52:29 pm »

Humie me please
Bowie - Mechanic/Maceman (crowbar please :) )
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 01:19:23 am »

I'm not so good at this mod, fun as it is, but I'll take year 3.  Humie me as Savs, and I'll do farming!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 09:37:41 am »

I'm the god of embalmation.  Haven't played with your mod too much so it will be !FUN! at the minimum!  I know that in your mod you get sick if you walk under a cavern, but is it possible to stop that by smoothing to expand it?

Digging through stone is deadly, or not possible at all for Hard Rock. There is no way to stop it without modding the game, but that would take away from the Fun don't you think ;D

BTW did you want a turn?

I'll go for year 4. I'm expecting major FUN from all of us including me. I want to humie(is that the right term?) myself on my turn if that's ok with you.

Done

Ooooo! Sadly I do not have time to sign up for a succession game, but I'd like to be humied please. Any profession, I don't mind.  :)

Oh well, if it clears up feel free to come back to us and join.

Humie me please
Bowie - Mechanic/Maceman (crowbar please :) )

Sure enough, want a turn to?

I'm not so good at this mod, fun as it is, but I'll take year 3.  Humie me as Savs, and I'll do farming!

Great :D

There we go, updated the list  :D I'd like at least two more players before I will begin.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 10:50:49 am »

I don't want a turn, but can I still be humied community fort style?  Can his name be Nix, and I'm guessing an extra security guard won't be so bad...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 11:03:20 am »

dibs on year 5!
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 11:32:23 am »

Wish you had made it so that if you smooth the stone it would lose it's effect. -.-

And why not me friend?  I will lead us! (to our doom!)
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 11:48:28 am »

I call year 2.  Let the zombies rain against my spikes of Death!
Nom nom nom

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 12:08:06 pm »

HEY!  I POSTED SECOND!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22