Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Natural occuring cavern waterfall  (Read 1331 times)

Entih

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Natural occuring cavern waterfall
« on: August 02, 2011, 02:38:49 am »

I didn't think it was possible, but I have been proven wrong.  To think, the only reason I discovered it was bad luck!

I wanted a challenge, so I jumped into a location that had aquifer.  Being the magnet of bad luck that I am in this game (as are we all), the point I chose to breach the aquifer was... Well, lets say, I didn't.  I dug through 6 layers of aquifer straight, and then hit the cavern.

Color me surprised when I realized the aquifer didn't end there, either.  Many of the walls of the cavern itself at the upper layer were aquifer, and were in the process of spewing water forth endlessly.  This water would fall, flow, fall further, and eventually run off the edge of the map through the cavern.  I no longer hate aquifer, because that was an awesome discovery.  Anything capable of making waterfalls on its own is worthy of reverence.

Spoiler: "Pictures" (click to show/hide)

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
Re: Natural occuring cavern waterfall
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 02:49:37 am »

That is indeed awesome, I remember running into something like that going cave diving in Adventure Mode, I'm wandering through the cave system and suddenly I start seeing water flowing every time I move, eventually I realize some of the walls are aquifer-capable stones and the cave was flooding,  that was actually really exciting.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:15:33 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 06:07:56 am »

this happens a lot in real life.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 12:19:57 pm »

Had this happen to me once, unfortunately I had to abandon due to fps
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?